• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

JCnator

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
Nintendo Direct
E3 2018

Just as the long-awaited hype machine E3 Expo opens its doors, Nintendo will drop the biggest news of the year, directly to you!

This thread will become the repository of both feasible and unrealistic expectations, wish fulfillment, disappointment, massive outrage caused by the potential lack of Animal Crossing installment for the millionth time... Well, everything that has to do with this Nintendo Direct.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e3_2018_will_kick_off_at_5pm_bst_on_12th_june

Last edited:
i just want some news about a new animal crossing and more information on that freaking yoshi game

Spyro on Switch? AC on Switch? A major update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe???

I don't want to be disappointed. I know anything Mario Kart related seems unlikely, but still.

I'm probably only interested in an Animal Crosssing announcement.
Other than that, maybe:
- HD Layton games coming to switch seeing as Lady Layton has already been confirmed for Japan.
- Ace Attorney / Great Ace Attorney localisation announcement even though it probably won't happen.
- Taiko no Tatsujin localisation because why not?
- Fire Emblem, depending on character designer and sound team or else I don't care since fates left me bitter lol
- More GUST ports

extremely wishful thinking:
- Aikatsu rhythm game seeing as photo on stage just ended service and I pretty much bought a switch because of pripara.

I took work off just for this cause I'm a nerd 8)

If you asked me last year I would've said AC would be here 100%, but with each game announcement I start thinking it's less and less likely - we already have Pokemon, Smash, FE and Yoshi this year. But there's so many already announced titles I'm looking forward to that I'm happy either way, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it'll be announced this year.

Gen 4 remake!
GeN 4 rEmAkE!!
GEN 4 REMAKE!!!

Okay yeah, I know the whole ?let?s go pikachu/eevee? is coming out and they recently announced it but they also said there would be a main series game released in 2019 and I just hope they remaster my favorite generation and make it perfect (not like oras where you looked like a toddler but more like sun/moon where you looked like a human being with the correct proportions) but like that would mean I need to get a switch and those things are expensive...

Gen 4 remake!
GeN 4 rEmAkE!!
GEN 4 REMAKE!!!

Okay yeah, I know the whole “let’s go pikachu/eevee” is coming out and they recently announced it but they also said there would be a main series game released in 2019 and I just hope they remaster my favorite generation and make it perfect (not like oras where you looked like a toddler but more like sun/moon where you looked like a human being with the correct proportions) but like that would mean I need to get a switch and those things are expensive...

Sorry to burst yours (and others’) bubble, but we will probably receive NEW games in gen 8 first, and then the second part of that generation will most likely be gen 4 remakes on the Switch. Meaning no gen 4 remakes until at least 2020...

Last edited:
Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 release date please... lol that's asking too much. I want Zelda Skyward Sword remake/port with traditional controls and of course, a brand new Animal Crossing! I'd probably buy another Switch for that.

I'm really excited for this year's E3, especially because of Super Smash Bros. As for Animal Crossing
for the Switch, I start to doubt if we will get any informations about it. I mean, I would be already
glad if they just mention Animal Crossing in general, a simple announcement like they did with
Metroid Prime 4 last year would be completely sufficient, at least for me. If they not gonna say
anything on the E3, then I hope for a announcement sometime this year.

Any new news about Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 would be nice too.

If there isn't any mention of a new Animal Crossing there's going to be A LOT of angry people lol. Even if there's no official date just a simple confirmation that they're planning on releasing one would suffice

Hopes: Earthbound switch
Guarantees: Pok?mon let's go, smash, Fortnite, Star fox grand prix

Mostly hyped about Metroid Prime 4. Other than that I can't really think of anything else I'm too excited about. I guess I'd like to see what the "new" Smash is and what their plans are with the franchise. Honestly a new Star Fox that isn't a reboot of 64 would be great, even if it turns out to be Grand Prix from those rumours that were circulating not too long ago. I'd be down for that. It's a safe way for Nintendo to explore the series a little without rehashing the same thing over and over, and still keeping it relevant to the Star Fox universe. I feel like there's decent potential for a racing game in there somewhere.

plz new Animal Crossing T T I think my patience is finally gone after 5 years

Mostly hyped about Metroid Prime 4. Other than that I can't really think of anything else I'm too excited about. I guess I'd like to see what the "new" Smash is and what their plans are with the franchise. Honestly a new Star Fox that isn't a reboot of 64 would be great, even if it turns out to be Grand Prix from those rumours that were circulating not too long ago. I'd be down for that. It's a safe way for Nintendo to explore the series a little without rehashing the same thing over and over, and still keeping it relevant to the Star Fox universe. I feel like there's decent potential for a racing game in there somewhere.

A Star Fox racing game would be simply amazing! Imagine flying through space and racing your friends by going along planets and avoiding obstacles! :D

Hopes: Earthbound switch
Guarantees: Pok?mon let's go, smash, Fortnite, Star fox grand prix

I'm not sure I would like the graphics for earthbound on the switch

so much of the charm for me comes from it being 16 bit

idk if hd earthbound would appeal to me - that being said it's one of my all time favorite games so i'd play it anyway lol

the only things i care about:

- AC switch
- the new smash bros
- info on the potential new ace attorney game (which i have some.... standards for)
- continuing on AA, a possible but extremely unlikely great ace attorney localization, as yuni said.

That E3 2014 when Ace Attorney x Professor Layton crossover was announced was so hype that I'd give anything to feel that again. So I give a pinch of hope to both series.

HD Earthbound or Mother Collection would be awesome too.

Back