• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

Unrealistic dream:
Super Mario Sunshine HD
GameCube Virtual Console
Animal Crossing amiibos of all my favorite NPC’s
Cuphead and Rare replay on Switch

Realistic wish list:
Animal Crossing main series game
SNES/N64/Gameboy/DS games released on eShop
Spyro trilogy
Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3 and Retro studios project (that hopefully isn’t the Star Fox racing rumor) gameplay and release dates

Will probably happen and leave me disappointed:
Mario Maker rererelease
Smash 5 that is mostly Smash 4 with new content taking up half the show
ARMS dlc
3DS games galore (that I’ll never get because I’m too hyped for Switch)

I'm going to be so upset if we don't hear anything about Pikmin 4, even though I know we won't.

Honestly Nintendo has been doing great with their games lately and I'm super impressed but

WHERE IS ANIMAL CROSSING

Unrealistic dream:
Super Mario Sunshine HD
GameCube Virtual Console
Animal Crossing amiibos of all my favorite NPC’s
Cuphead and Rare replay on Switch

Realistic wish list:
Animal Crossing main series game
SNES/N64/Gameboy/DS games released on eShop
Spyro trilogy
Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3 and Retro studios project (that hopefully isn’t the Star Fox racing rumor) gameplay and release dates

Will probably happen and leave me disappointed:
Mario Maker rererelease
Smash 5 that is mostly Smash 4 with new content taking up half the show
ARMS dlc
3DS games galore (that I’ll never get because I’m too hyped for Switch)

I don't think it'll be 3ds games galore at all. Nintendo has much bigger ambitions than making NEW games for an outdated system. I hope the 3ds gets some wii U ports though.

All I'm looking forward to is AC,Smash, and Pokemon. Animal Crossing needs to be announced soon. I've barely touched ACNL within the past few months just because I need something new. Smash5 would also be great since I honestly do not like the 3DS version of Smash4. I doubt they're gonna announce the new main Pokemon title yet, but one can only hope they'll at least mention more about it. Then again if all these come out, my boyfriend isn't gonna see his switch for awhile unless I get my own lol.

I'm hyped for Smash and Fire Emblem, anything else is just the cherry on top at this point.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I took work off just for this cause I'm a nerd 8)

If you asked me last year I would've said AC would be here 100%, but with each game announcement I start thinking it's less and less likely - we already have Pokemon, Smash, FE and Yoshi this year. But there's so many already announced titles I'm looking forward to that I'm happy either way, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it'll be announced this year.

The only reason I think it won't be announced at E3 (but will probably be announced at a special AC Direct in a few months) is because E3 said they will focus on games for 2018 release.

I don't think it'll be 3ds games galore at all. Nintendo has much bigger ambitions than making NEW games for an outdated system. I hope the 3ds gets some wii U ports though.

Yes, I remember now that Nintendo said they were going to start making Nintendo GameCube games again (this is a joke). LOL

I?m personally looking forward to Smash and Fire Emblem (and buying an actual Switch to use, lol)

Last edited:
WE NEED AC SWITCH WE NEED AC SWITCH
okay I don't have the switch but i'll buy it if AC switch is released.

I'm interested in seeing some FE news. My hope is spread thin for any mention of Animal Crossing. If by some chance the game is announced or teased, I'll look into buying a Switch. Until then, I'm not too keen on any current or upcoming games to justify the system. = =;

A new AC would be interesting, but I just got NL, so I probly wouldn't get it. I'm definitely excited for a new layton game, but I hope it at least has a 3ds version, because I really don't want to buy a switch.

Seeing as Pokemon is a major disappointment, I'm going to have to hold out hope that Super Smash Bros 5 is actually worth the hype, and I'm also the same for a new Animal Crossing. It is time for a new Animal Crossing, after all.

I have other pipe dreams, Golden Sun, a Paper Mario like the N64/GCN versions, but if I hope for those I'm just going to be in despair, and I don't need any more despair after seeing the Pokemon "games" coming out later this year.

Seeing as Pokemon is a major disappointment, I'm going to have to hold out hope that Super Smash Bros 5 is actually worth the hype, and I'm also the same for a new Animal Crossing. It is time for a new Animal Crossing, after all.

I have other pipe dreams, Golden Sun, a Paper Mario like the N64/GCN versions, but if I hope for those I'm just going to be in despair, and I don't need any more despair after seeing the Pokemon "games" coming out later this year.
Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee isn't Gen 8. A core game is coming next year, so don't worry.

Golden Sun was a wonderful game.
I had 1 and 2 on gameboy advance years ago.

Really great games.

Really great games.

Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee isn't Gen 8. A core game is coming next year, so don't worry.

I know, but I was really wanting something to play on my Switch this year. The only Switch exclusive for me that has been released so far has been Super Mario Odyssey. I thought that Pokemon would be a guaranteed second, at least... Instead they come out with this. It's a blow to me, what can I say?

Really great games.

You should look into the DS game, Dark Dawn as well. I know it doesn't have as high of a reputation, but I still enjoyed it a lot. It's a shame whatever happened that has pretty much killed the series since. =(

If they do release a new AC game, (which I'm kinda doubting they will, considering that just released PC last year) it probably wont be until next year, besides, I'm too cheap to buy a $300 dollar switch to play it. :(

If they do release a new AC game, (which I'm kinda doubting they will, considering that just released PC last year) it probably wont be until next year, besides, I'm too cheap to buy a $300 dollar switch to play it. :(

Every other Nintendo mobile title saw a main series release within a year of the mobile app. Plus, Pocket Camp was developed by ND Cube.

Back