• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

Seeing as Pokemon is a major disappointment, I'm going to have to hold out hope that Super Smash Bros 5 is actually worth the hype, and I'm also the same for a new Animal Crossing. It is time for a new Animal Crossing, after all.

I have other pipe dreams, Golden Sun, a Paper Mario like the N64/GCN versions, but if I hope for those I'm just going to be in despair, and I don't need any more despair after seeing the Pokemon "games" coming out later this year.

You're branding a game a "major disappointment" when we don't know many details about it. It might not be the core game thats coming in 2019 but before crapping on it, you might wanna wait and see what reviewers and other major outlets say about the game.

You're branding a game a "major disappointment" when we don't know many details about it. It might not be the core game thats coming in 2019 but before crapping on it, you might wanna wait and see what reviewers and other major outlets say about the game.

Honestly though. I hate when people jump to conclusions about something they know practically nothing about

I'd like an earthbound announced for Nintendo switch

According to the developer Q & A, we know that they're being designed with entry-level players in mind. Therefore, design choices that simplify and streamline the gameplay are bound to be implemented, which will of course lead to mixed reactions from fans.

Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-borrowing-from-pokemon-go-and-lets-gos-story

According to the developer Q & A, we know that they're being designed with entry-level players in mind. Therefore, design choices that simplify and streamline the gameplay are bound to be implemented, which will of course lead to mixed reactions from fans.

Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-borrowing-from-pokemon-go-and-lets-gos-story

I know all of that already. The point is, rather than branding an unreleased game with not much information about it as a "major disappointment", think positively and be optimistic about it.

There will be cases where it may not be for everyone, I get that. But don't jump the gun too soon when we're still 5 months away from release and only inside sources and 1 trailer with information so far. That also means don't set your expectations too high, otherwise you set yourself up for disappointment.

Oftentimes trailers actually give a lot of info out about a game, and in this case it is very much sufficient for me to form an opinion.

~I don't want to play a game where I can't even battle wild Pokemon, but instead have to throw a Pokeball and hope it catches them, like Safari Zone for the entire game.
~I don't want to play a game with only the original 151 Pokemon again.
~I don't want to play through Kanto again, especially not in this unambitious 2.5D format they've gone with.

Everything I mentioned above? Has been confirmed through analysis of the trailer and information that GF has released to the public. I don't need to "wait for more information". This how the game is going to be. This is my opinion based off of confirmed information. I don't need to wait for more info or reviewers, these are solid facts already, and they are already majorly disappointing to me personally. That's not going to change.

Last edited:
Oftentimes trailers actually give a lot of info out about a game, and in this case it is very much sufficient for me to form an opinion.

~I don't want to play a game where I can't even battle wild Pokemon, but instead have to throw a Pokeball and hope it catches them, like Safari Zone for the entire game.
~I don't want to play a game with only the original 151 Pokemon again.
~I don't want to play through Kanto again, especially not in this unambitious 2.5D format they've gone with.

Everything I mentioned above? Has been confirmed through analysis of the trailer and information that GF has released to the public. I don't need to "wait for more information". This how the game is going to be. This is my opinion based off of confirmed information. I don't need to wait for more info or reviewers, these are solid facts already, and they are already majorly disappointing to me personally. That's not going to change.

Not to be rude but do you actually enjoy anthing to do with the switch, other than Odyssey

Not to be rude but do you actually enjoy anthing to do with the switch, other than Odyssey

Well, I've never said anything other than that, right?

I *want* more games to play on the Switch, but every hope I have just keeps on blowing up in my face. Like LGP/E is legitimately far worse than I even envisioned it being from the leaks.

SSB5 and a potential Animal Crossing Switch are the hopes for me for the system in the near future. I hope that SSB5 is worth the hype and that Animal Crossing Switch is a thing.

I sure don’t. I don’t plan on getting a Switch still until the price comes down, and a lot of others feel the same way. We are wishing and hoping that Nintendo releases more on the 3DS, because I’m older now and so are others, and that contributes too to the fact that a lot of people don’t have money for the Switch now.

I sure don’t. I don’t plan on getting a Switch still until the price comes down, and a lot of others feel the same way. We are wishing and hoping that Nintendo releases more on the 3DS, because I’m older now and so are others, and that contributes too to the fact that a lot of people don’t have money for the Switch now.

I don't think "a lot of others" is really true though. The Switch has such overwhelmingly positive reviews, it was the fastest selling console ever in the U.S, and it's had such massive success since it's release. While some people may be disappointed, the vast majority is quite content with the way it's going.

Well, you can't expect Nintendo to keep supporting the 3DS forever. The Switch is their new thing. However, if they can't release desirable enough games to entice you to the Switch, then it is on them, and I understand where you're coming from there.

I most certainly didn't have the money for a Switch, but my parents were nice and bought me one for Christmas/Birthday. What I've enjoyed on it has been almost entirely Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, a second life to a game that I could already play on the Wii U. But it is really fun portable and I've probably already played it a heck of a lot more than I did on the Wii U. Sadly that will come to an end in a few months when the online service becomes paid.

So, yeah, I would not recommend the Switch to anyone unless #1 they never owned a Wii U and thus couldn't play games like BoTW and Mario Kart 8 and/or #2 games like Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade, Kirby, Mario Tennis Aces, and *cringes* Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee are strongly desirable to them. Otherwise wait. Unless SSB5 just blows us all of the water, and I really don't think it will, to be honest. I'll admit that is very subjective on my part, though.

Well, you can't expect Nintendo to keep supporting the 3DS forever. The Switch is their new thing. However, if they can't release desirable enough games to entice you to the Switch, then it is on them, and I understand where you're coming from there.

I most certainly didn't have the money for a Switch, but my parents were nice and bought me one for Christmas/Birthday. What I've enjoyed on it has been almost entirely Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, a second life to a game that I could already play on the Wii U. But it is really fun portable and I've probably already played it a heck of a lot more than I did on the Wii U. Sadly that will come to an end in a few months when the online service becomes paid.

So, yeah, I would not recommend the Switch to anyone unless #1 they never owned a Wii U and thus couldn't play games like BoTW and Mario Kart 8 and/or #2 games like Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade, Kirby, Mario Tennis Aces, and *cringes* Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee are strongly desirable to them. Otherwise wait. Unless SSB5 just blows us all of the water, and I really don't think it will, to be honest. I'll admit that is very subjective on my part, though.

i bought the switch solely for the yoshi game and it's 300 bucks well spent

?\_(ツ)_/?

i bought the switch solely for the yoshi game and it's 300 bucks well spent

?\_(ツ)_/?

The Yoshi game that was shown once last year's E3 and we haven't heard a peep about since?

Well... To each their own. It's hard for me to fathom getting a system for a single game that not only hasn't been released yet, but so little information has been shown and has no release timeframe whatsoever. Not a lot of people are going to be able to be so satisfied like that.

Last edited:
The Yoshi game that was shown once last year's E3 and we haven't heard a peep about since?

Well... To each their own. It's hard for me to fathom getting a system for a single game that not only hasn't been released yet, but so little information has been shown and has no release timeframe whatsoever. Not a lot of people are going to be able to be so satisfied like that.

it's been noted several times it has a 2018 release date and you can already pre-order it. The minute of game play was good enough. I am a huge fan of the yoshi games though. They could have shown a remake of yoshi's cookie and I would have still gladly spent the same 300.

The Switch has been very successful thus far and they have the sales data and analysis to back it up.

it's been noted several times it has a 2018 release date and you can already pre-order it. The minute of game play was good enough. I am a huge fan of the yoshi games though. They could have shown a remake of yoshi's cookie and I would have still gladly spent the same 300.

Again, to each their own. I don't think that most people would want to spend $300 on a system for a game that isn't even out yet. Have you found other games to enjoy, or is it just sitting in its box untouched until Yoshi comes out?

The Switch has been very successful thus far and they have the sales data and analysis to back it up.

I'm not denying that it has sold well, and I really don't care. It has nothing to do with any point I've been making.

Last edited:
I am hoping for a new earthbound

Again, to each their own. I don't think that most people would want to spend $300 on a system for a game that isn't even out yet. Have you found other games to enjoy, or is it just sitting in its box untouched until Yoshi comes out?

I'm not denying that it has sold well, and I really don't care. It has nothing to do with any point I've been making.

The 300 bucks wouldn't of been well spent if her games were just sitting in a box untouched.

I played Odyssey for a good minute, but I'd rather see another 2D Mario platformer versus the 3D. Mario Kart was played for maybe an hour before it got just as lame and boring as it is on any console. So now the switch sits on a shelf collecting dust awaiting Yoshi or an AC game. Still worth every penny and I probably would have shelled out more if it had a higher price.

I rarely play new releases, but will continue to buy Nintendo's stuff seeing as it was such a pivotal and crucial part of my childhood so I'll continue to support them and play what little is catered to my interest. A great added bonus for the switch for me would be Mario Maker considering that's the only game I still play on the Wii U.

Last edited:
Back