Starry Mushroom Lamp
Shiitake Plushroom
Glow Shroom
Rafflesia
Rafflesia
Rafflesia
Rafflesia
Rafflesia
Nintendo made an announcement today, and it turned out to be an alarm clock. I was wanting to hear your thoughts on this product and if you have interest in buying the product? Do you think it may be involved in a game in the future, or some reward program for good sleeping habits, since Pokemon Sleep was a thing Nintendo did?

About Alarmo:

Introduce a little play to your wake-up routine with Alarmo, the interactive alarm clock from Nintendo! Start the day off right with fun animations, sounds, and characters from some of your favorite games. You can even snooze the alarm with gestures and end it by getting out of bed, thanks to Alarmo's motion sensor.

Choose from 35 scenes inspired by Nintendo Switch games like Super Mario Odyssey™ and The Legend of Zelda™: Breath of the Wild. Link your Nintendo Account and use the built-in Wi-Fi** to download additional titles like Mario Kart™ 8 Deluxe and Animal Crossing™: New Horizons in free updates as they become available.

Alarmo has a sensor that reacts to your movements***, so you can snooze the alarm with gestures and end it by getting out of bed. Try Button Mode if you prefer a more traditional alarm clock!

Choose Steady Mode for an alarm that gradually gets more intense the longer you stay in bed, or use Gentle Mode for a more consistent experience.

Check your Records to learn about the time you’ve spent in bed, like how much you’ve been moving around in your sleep****.

Alarmo is compatible with Twin to King-sized beds.Alarmo should be placed facing the center of the bed, within arm’s reach, and no higher than 8 inches above the sleeper.If there is more than one sleeper in the bed, we recommend using Button Mode for the best experience.

For a limited time*, paid Nintendo Switch Online members in the United States and Canada can purchase Alarmo online via the My Nintendo Store before it is available to purchase by the general public.

Trailer:

The new Switch 2 looks great
I am definitely not the target audience for this at all, as it's clearly geared towards kids, so my opinion is a little harsh but... what the absolute heck is the point of this? If you want to wake up to Nintendo music, change your alarm on your phone. And on the topic of that, why would you? Within a week you'll hate those songs. The little characters waking you up is a cute feature but 100 USD worth? Absolutely not, in my opinion. I'm assuming most people that care have a sleep tracker by now (apple watch, fitbit, etc). It just seems overpriced and redundant.

it'd be neat if they also added older games scenes to this

like imagine an n64 set containing mario 64, ocarina, majora, etc or a 3ds set with new leaf, 3d world, a link between worlds, etc, and so on

I don’t like enough nintendo games to make this worth buying. I like more non-Nintendo games & characters than Nintendo. Even if I was, I’d still be iffy about this. I’d be more likely to buy a custom product on etsy that is themed specifically one of my favorite games than this. I don’t think I’d want an alarm clock though.

No, I don't really want this either to be honest, nor do I need it. I'm very used to waking up to my own alarm that if I changed it to anything else at this point it would mess me up. 💀

This looks like a useless device to be honest, and is just Nintendo’s way to compete with Pokemon Sleep.

Product is obviously geared to a far younger audience than me so I don't really know what input I can give to it really. Its a nintendo themed alarm clock for very young kids, that's it lol.

I'm not going to purchase the Alarmo, I don't even use the Nintendo Switch anymore, so I stopped caring about online membership in general.

Plus, if I used the Alarmo all the time, I would get sick of the music and the sounds if they're being played repetitively.

Also, the Alarmo will be available for purchase to the public at some point, so there's really no point in getting it via Nintendo online membership in my honest opinion.

I'm not interested personally >.> The repetitive noises every time you move sounded annoying just watching it. I imagine it's way more annoying when you're tired and have to get up for work/school. The alarm that gets more intense is kinda interesting, but it's nothing that can't be done with an app, I'm sure. I may have bought it at $50 or less but definitely not dropping $100 on a neat, but pointless knick-knack. Really, the whole thing can be replaced by a phone...

I actually haven't used an alarm clock in years, surprisingly. I don't need one, especially not for $100.
If I need one, I could just start using my phone??

I have zero intention of getting this. I use my phone for an alarm clock, so why would I dish out $100 for one that plays music?

I saw a comment mention how terrifying if the Guardian ost from BOTW began to play and it made me laugh. A lot of these comments are so funny.

comments.png

But no, I will not be buying this, lol.

It sounds so stupid and it’s definitely overpriced, so there’s no way I’m getting this. I’m sorry Nintendo, but… I have a phone lol. But I think the potential of songs it has to play is actually really funny, like what if you just woke up to Coconut Mall of all things blasting in your ears. That would be a peak way to start your morning.

Last edited:
It sounds so stupid and it’s definitely overpriced, so there’s no way I’m getting this. I’m sorry Nintendo, but… I have a phone lol. But I think the potential of songs it has to play is actually really funny, like what if you just woke up to Coconut Mall of all things blasting in your ears. That would be a peak way to start your morning.
From the trailer I think they're only doing games related to the Switch so I doubt there would be any references to Wii games.

From the trailer I think they're only doing games related to the Switch so I doubt there would be any references to Wii games.
Oh okay, I didn’t watch the trailer before I made that post lol.

But also, Coconut Mall is in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe so… maybe?

Interesting concept but I tend to sleep through alarms. Plus the price is too much for an alarm clock. I get that it’s a Bluetooth and Wi-Fi required piece of tech but that is still ridiculous to pay $100 for. The Amazon Echo clock is $20 less and it seems to pretty much be the same type of clock as the Alarmo.

my reaction: ok but why though?
(in all seriousness I'm probably one of the few people here who'll actually get this, I'm a sucker for anything Nintendo-related, and will probably buy an Alarmo just to keep it in the box and never use it)

LITERALLY I SAW THIS YESTERDAY AND CACKLED-
I thought this was the funniest thing ever! I was genuinely interested as the advertisement was so cute. I was going to use it as a kitchen timer or like an actual alarm if it was under $30 (STILL EXPENSIVE) but for $100... No I'll stick to my current clock...

Back