• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo?

CindaaX

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Anyone else feel that Nintendo care more about the Mario fans than Animal Crossing ones? I love the Mario series but we were told about this game a couple of years ago and still no official release date (probably will find out at the next E3) , but for instance Mario Tennis was only talked about a few months ago and now its nearly out?! :confused:

Or is it just to build more suspense because AC:3D will be so much better? & i supose Animal Crossing would take longer to make, what are your thoughts?

I think AC3DS was a teaser at E3 2010, to let us know what to expect.
I know not a lot of people were thrilled about city folk (essentially wild world with a city) so they're possible pro-longing the release date to ensure they make the most of the 3DS version.
Mario Tennis could have been shown at E3 2010 (i'm sure they were thinking about it back then) - but they chose not to showcase it.
I don't think they care about Mario fans more than AC ones. Mario has been out longer than AC and Mario is more popular/known than AC, so Mario would have priority over AC

True, its just about time it was realeased! just going to wait for E3 because there must be a date or something then :D

Well..... the most popular, and most profitable Nintendo games are usually Mario, Zelda or Pokemon. While I do feel it's unfair that a game that Animal Crossing didn't get alot of attention and we only had about 3 major announcements Animal-Crossing wise in the last year, I'm sure Nintendo will start giving us more info until the Fall.

True, its just about time it was realeased! just going to wait for E3 because there must be a date or something then :D

yeah, I'm rather positive we'll get a release date at E3

I agree with Bidoof.
Also, as much as I hate to say it, I'm actually glad they're taking their time with this version and trying to make it the best they can instead of rushing it.

Yeah i just hope they don't take TOO long before i loose interest in waiting for it!

Yeah I get where you're coming from, but don't worry it's been given a Fall 2012 release.
We've waited two years now, I'm sure a few more months won't hurt :)

I agree with Bidoof.
Also, as much as I hate to say it, I'm actually glad they're taking their time with this version and trying to make it the best they can instead of rushing it.
yes, i'd rather them take their time and make a good game, then rush a release and it be crappy

Yeah i just hope they don't take TOO long before i loose interest in waiting for it!
As BlueBear said, we've got a Fall 2012 release date, and Amazon of France has is up for September 28th so that's a good estimate.

Yeah I get where you're coming from, but don't worry it's been given a Fall 2012 release.
We've waited two years now, I'm sure a few more months won't hurt :)
Yes this. I was thinking this the other day. I was like "can't they just release it already?" then i realised next month will be two years, and it's only a few months after that

I hate fall releases because that's when school is starting so I can't play until 4:00am like I would if it was released during the summer :(

Back to the main topic, it makes sense for Nintendo to put the Mario series as their top priority since it's their most popular and most profitable franchise. I agree though that it's not fair to tell us about the game years before it actually comes out. It's torture, I tell you! But I managed to wait years for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword to come out. I just hope that this time the game is actually worth the wait, unlike SS (it was a good game, but didn't fulfill my expectations).

@Himawari

I KNOW RIGHT. i was so hoping late july/early august so i can play it all summer and during my holiday!

& if its not as good as i think it will be and it isnt worth the wait ill be so dissapointed, but its looks amazing so lets hope so :D

^ Yes, it does look amazing. Although I try not to get my hopes too high because I've had many experiences of seeing previews of upcoming games and the game looks amazing but when I actually play it, it's not as good as I though it was going to be (Fable III being a good example). Don't make that mistake, Nintendo! Do a good job this time!!

Guys, put it this way - more school in fall = less time to play --> game lasts longer :)

Haha Bidoof, that did actually make me feel a bit better :'D i might get too carried away if it was in the summer and end up completing half of it!

Yeah, i was worried about that, too.

But if the European release date of September 28 is true, that's around the start of a two week break for me... So i'm kinda worried about that. I guess it means i have ~two weeks to get my town into good shape, i'm kinda happy with it, but not at the same time.

Work for a living, take care of family at night, don't matter when if come out for me, there will be no brake.
I'll have to play at 5am

I'll be pretty busy with college when the game is rumored to be released, but that doesn't really bother me. It'll make for a nice break after studying :D

As long it doesn't come out now-early july its okay cause im just studying for end of year tests and i cant get TOO distracted, in fact i shouldn't be on here, i should be revising, but oh well :D

@CindaaX, haha same, but I've already started my English,Maths&Science GCSE's a year early, so I'm not taking it that serious, I still have two years to pass, even though I've already passed Biology, and I now have to resit the test in a few weeks to get an A*-B. =)

But anyway, back on topic:
I actually didn't think of it like that,I guess it is kinda good that it's a fall release.
:)

Back