• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Official AC:3DS Release Date Speculation Thread

ily <3
good to see someone agrees :)

Everyone should agree. Knowing it comes out this year is more than enough right now. I mean, it could be like last year when people were overreacting and got all excited thinking it was coming out in the summer, then got let down, and let down again when they thought it was coming out before Christmas.
People need to be sensible, and patient.

I can wait until the end of march for new info before i get let down. There is going to be a conference today or tomorrow so they might say something about it, who knows!

A conference? Nice, always up to hearing more things about the game, I hope they mention things that already haven't been covered. Now that I think about it, there really is a lot we don't know about the game yet, heh.

Ahh yet again, no new on animal crossing, but i can say that I'm certain it won't come out until (after may) cause that conference covered every game's release () up until may 25th. That's what i think anyway

Reggie's announcement about a live feed had me excited.
What a let down it turned out to be.
Nothing at all about AC3D.
Not even an update on it.

Seen the conference. Felt dissapointed because no mention of Animal Crossing. It was okay otherwise. Better wait until March or E3 for more details.

Though Mario Tennis looks nice, why did a game, that got announced recently trump some games that been in development much longer?

Perhaps, Animal Crossing 3DS will be that good. I'm glad they're taking time to make it wonderful, but I'm not happy that they aren't sharing much info. And i must say, Mario Tennis Open looks amazing.

Ahh, oh well. Time to look forward to E3 then for info~ which I'm excited for either way. :) Its funny, I was at gamestop and someone asked if I needed help finding anything.. for the hell of it, I went and asked for a release date and they said "Right now its May, but for the love of god don't take that to heart, we're just out to get your money for pre orders. Truth is it'll probably be in fall or winter."

I just laughed at him. xD Well at least someone was being.. honest?

The GDC is in 1 and a half weeks, and there might be something on display there.
"We certainly appreciated the appearance of Nintendo Direct here on Nintendo Life, with the news day having the feel of a mini-E3. There’s also the feeling here that Nintendo didn’t use all of its big announcements in one session, with upcoming 3DS releases such as Paper Mario, Luigi’s Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing, not to mention the looming Wii U, totally absent. More Nintendo Direct is undoubtedly on the way, and we can’t wait."
From http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/02/reaction_nintendo_direct_nintendo_joins_the_modern_age

I hope that what they're saying is true.

The GDC is in 1 and a half weeks, and there might be something on display there.
"We certainly appreciated the appearance of Nintendo Direct here on Nintendo Life, with the news day having the feel of a mini-E3. There’s also the feeling here that Nintendo didn’t use all of its big announcements in one session, with upcoming 3DS releases such as Paper Mario, Luigi’s Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing, not to mention the looming Wii U, totally absent. More Nintendo Direct is undoubtedly on the way, and we can’t wait."
From http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/02/reaction_nintendo_direct_nintendo_joins_the_modern_age

I hope that what they're saying is true.

Alot of people say that GDC would probably not reveal anything about animal crossing but I'm really hoping that it does. I mean Mario 3d land was also announced in the 2011 convention so why not animal crossing? And I was also thinking just then (a crazy idea) that Mario 3d land might be some hidden message from Nintendo. I mean the tanuki tails and constume hahas... whenever I see a video of mario in a tanuki costume in the game I always think back to Nook. Crazy idea but isn't it a coincidence that Mario 3d land was announced on GDC last year and featured a tanuki costume and tail? Could it be some sort of hidden link to animal crossing and possibly a release date or announcement reveal on GDC 2012? It could be possible...

I'm extremely extremely hopeful... but it might just be my craze for animal crossing lols.

Mario had that 'Tanuki Suit' way before the First 'Animal Crossing' game was ever put out.
It's a hark back to the original mario's tanuki suit!
That has nothing to do with Animal Crossing at all saddly.
I wish it did but it doesn't.

Mario had that 'Tanuki Suit' way before the First 'Animal Crossing' game was ever put out.
It's a hark back to the original mario's tanuki suit!
That has nothing to do with Animal Crossing at all saddly.
I wish it did but it doesn't.

That's very true but my general theory is how coincidental it is that mario 3d land was announced at GDC last year WITH a tanuki tail. Which leads me wondering if this year's GDC would announce anything related to animal crossing (possibly an official title + a bit more gameplay). I don't think they would release anything like an official release date or something because it is still too early in this year. I can bet that there would definitely be news in E3 but I seriously can't wait THAT long ==;;

This comment on youtube made me laugh so hard.

when is the game out?
light4misa 9 hours ago

@light4misa They say summer. Way WAY too long of a wait in my opinion. We need a surprise announcement. Like "We trolled you. It's out tomorrow. Regards -Nintendo" or something.
TheAileZX2 4 hours ago

Imagine that REALLY happened :p

I get what you mean now.
^_^' <-----My sweatdrop face!
Though I don't know if we can expect anything at GDC about animal crossing, but there's always hope.
I hope they do say something at E3 atleast.

I'm expecting a release date in the fall only because I'm expecting a release date announcement for E3 or perhaps in August/September. I'm saying they'll announce the release date in August/September because Nintendo has announced release dates around this time before (DKR, 3DS, and LOZ:SS are a few that I remember.)

I would love for the game to release this summer, but I still need to save up for a 3DS... :eek:

In the Nintendo Power magazine article it said ETA: Summer 2012. Don't know if someone already said that or if it was overlooked.

First GameStop said August 2011 (which I knew was fake), then they said January 3, 2012 (which again I knew was fake), and Then they said May 2, 2012 with Luigi's Mansion (this release date makes the most sense out of all of them, but I still think it's fake, for both, sadly). Like I said in a previous thread, it will probably be announced at E3 and both games will be released near then. Please support Operation Moonfall , a new Zelda 3DS and Wii U, Ruby and Sapphire 3DS remake, Pokemon Wii U, and Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS.

I think if it gets released in japan, then we would know its gonna get released in US soon.

According to Google: the best guess is around the year of 2012.

According to Nintendo: It's around Summer.

Back