• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Official AC:3DS Release Date Speculation Thread

New speculations of a release date schedule taken from Gamestop.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/assets_c/2012/03/gamestop3ds-22092.html

As it can be seen on the image both games "Animal crossing" and "Luigi's mansion 2" will be released on August 2nd.

The date sounds reasonable enough in my opinion even for a speculation date. Of course this isn't really the official date because it would have to be released from Nintendo but I feel that this date seems more realistic then the ones saying that it would be released on May 2nd. Why? Because we're 2 months away from May and we haven't even received an official title. Chances are that date is just not believable even if you wish it was.

Anyway what do you think about the date August 2nd? I definitely can't play it during that time because of my exams and stuff but then I don't want it releasing near the end of the year because it would be unfair for all of you guys :/

said it millions of times before, and i'll say it again

don't trust gamestop

GDC starts today, so I am hoping for some news during this time for an official release date and official name, maybe title art...the works. I've heard in the grapevine that Nintendo's Wednesday session is all for 3DS titles.

Im saving up for a 3DS and I hope it comes out around the time I get the 3DS or even before! Im expecting the game to come out around Summer. But I would love to be wrong if it comes out sooner.

Well anyway I think most of us would have known that Nintendo would have released nothing about Animal Crossing in the GDC session on wednesday. I doubt there was anything on the expo floor seeing that they didn't even mention a word about the game. It's all been mario this and mario that... and I find it a bit annoying seeing how mario tennis was JUST announced and RECEIVED a release date. The more animal crossing is upheld the more our expectations are raised higher...

However on a happier note maybe we could receive news on animal crossing in the next Nintendo Direct. I heard it's coming out somewhere at April. Maybe they could have news and maybe they won't. I have high feelings there would be very minimal news about it on the E3... because this year it would be all about Wii U not the 3DS. Whoever knows anything about the next Nintendo Direct please inform us. There's rumours it's going to be coming out very early on April.

By the way does anybody know about the release of the 3DS in Korea? In the Korean Nintendo page they mentioned Animal Crossing in the article of the 3DS launch. I wonder if it's going to be a launch title? Oh actually I doubt that too since we haven't even gotten a official title yet ==;;

Well the fact Mario Tennis got coverage and a release date is because it's a cheaply made game. Sorry Nintendo, but I'm going to keep taking shots at you, and every other game company, who half-asses games like this and makes a huge deal about them.

Whereas actual good, well made games like AC should at least be mentioned. But as it has been repeated very, very, many times;
Expect the release date to be AFTER summer.

Well the fact Mario Tennis got coverage and a release date is because it's a cheaply made game. Sorry Nintendo, but I'm going to keep taking shots at you, and every other game company, who half-asses games like this and makes a huge deal about them.

Whereas actual good, well made games like AC should at least be mentioned. But as it has been repeated very, very, many times;
Expect the release date to be AFTER summer.

When you say after summer what is the exact month that you're saying it will be released?

September onwards

Yes, Sept-Nov. December would surprise me, actually. From spending hours of my day going onto websites in japanese and doing my best to translate them with the little knowledge of japanese I have, they're expecting it to be released in the middle of September. But all they have is speculation as well, so it could be October or November. But if it were to be a summer, or before summer release, Nintendo would be advertising the hell out of it right now.

Yes, Sept-Nov. December would surprise me, actually. From spending hours of my day going onto websites in japanese and doing my best to translate them with the little knowledge of japanese I have, they're expecting it to be released in the middle of September. But all they have is speculation as well, so it could be October or November. But if it were to be a summer, or before summer release, Nintendo would be advertising the hell out of it right now.

Is the wait prolonged because the production team of animal crossing is small? I mean a new pokemon game is announced and they already have a set release date on June. Maybe if the production team for animal crossing was bigger then the game would have been released earlier. If the production team for animal crossing was as large as that of Pokemon then we could've had it as a launch title.

I'm going to say Fall, maybe winter for AC3DS. They're still probably developing the features for the game, and I'd say, eh, maybe May or June will be when they start working on marketing and advertisements. At that same time is when they'll be polishing the game up, checking for bugs, and getting ready to release it out into the wild.

I'm going to say Fall, maybe winter for AC3DS. They're still probably developing the features for the game, and I'd say, eh, maybe May or June will be when they start working on marketing and advertisements. At that same time is when they'll be polishing the game up, checking for bugs, and getting ready to release it out into the wild.

It also might be taking longer because they have to localise the games and seeing the fact that there is so much content there's much translating and changes to events because of different regions. But I seriously wouldn't mind celebrating a Japanese event like cherry blossom festival even when I live in Austalia. I don't even know why they localise games because without it the game would release faster and it's good getting to know a different country's culture.

Last edited:
Sorry for bumping everyone! this seemed like the best place to post this though

I just found a new article!

here's what it says

fran.jpg

"Could September 28th be launch day for Animal Crossing 3DS? It's just a tentative listing for right now, but it seems plausible to me. Maybe we'll find out the real deal come E3 this year. "

that'd be good enough for me i guess! but this is probably fake.

I read on a AC:3DS community on livejournal that AC:3DS is suppose to come out in the Fall for Japan. I believe this was confirmed. If I can find the link, I will post it.

I don't remember hearing about that, It couldn't have gotten past me either, so it couldn't be confirmed (who knows maybe I'm wrong)

Back