Phantom in the Fairgrounds

I'm glad you're all having fun, and that it's been doable (and without bugs)! I was sort of worried about whether dealing with multiple locations would be tiring for you, but it seems like it's been fine!

i do wish i had more time to make more little games for you all -- game dev is fun, but no time nor braincells to spare 😭

Me: It's a slow night at work; this looks like the perfect computer-based activity to enjoy while I wait to be approached by customers.

Work computer: INTRUDER DETECTED. URL HAS BEEN NINJA-SLICED OUT OF MIDAIR. NICE ATTEMPT TO DOWNLOAD A DEADLY VIRUS, SUCKER! BLOCKED!

Anyway, uh, looking forward to giving this a shot on my personal devices later. I love the idea of seeking out codes in an adventure game!
I have no idea what may have triggered that and I'm sorry but also that's hilarious. My attempts at hackermanning your work computer have failed 😔

This is so much fun. I really enjoyed this! I wish it was longer. 👻
... noted. maybe.
maybe next time i should have smaller redeem codes. more checkpoints.

THE SECOND CODE WAS GENIUS!

It took me a second because I had heard of it before and I was like "Noooo... It cannot be... Can it? IT ACTUALLY IS!"
I'm so glad! All my braincells went into that one 🫶

I'm glad you're all having fun, and that it's been doable (and without bugs)! I was sort of worried about whether dealing with multiple locations would be tiring for you, but it seems like it's been fine!

i do wish i had more time to make more little games for you all -- game dev is fun, but no time nor braincells to spare 😭

I have no idea what may have triggered that and I'm sorry but also that's hilarious. My attempts at hackermanning your work computer have failed 😔

... noted. maybe.
maybe next time i should have smaller redeem codes. more checkpoints.

I'm so glad! All my braincells went into that one 🫶
Made me think of a band that my husband and oldest saw 😉

I remember doing one of these a few years ago for the Hallowern event, I really like these! it was fun to figure out 💜🎃
Yes!!!! In retrospect, I felt kind of bad suggesting it because I forget how much work I know it had to take but oh it was so much fun!!!! Worth it!!!! Thx again Mistreil!!!!!

Yes!!!! In retrospect, I felt kind of bad suggesting it because I forget how much work I know it had to take but oh it was so much fun!!!! Worth it!!!! Thx again Mistreil!!!!!
Haha -- don't feel bad! I was surprised when it was suggested and voted upon! it was a nice surprise though.

Fortunately, I was able to just reuse most of the code from the first version -- it was just mostly time spent figuring out the narration and commands!
i would like to thank past me for writing mostly well documented and reusable code. except for some Very Silly Bits that i fixed this time around. foresight was 20/20 for once.

I solved it yesterday but just wanted to say it was a delight playing the game! (and also the one from 2021) Takes me back to when I was a kid playing these games and exploring charming and fun worlds. Thank you so much once more :D
When in doubt, eat and fight everything!

Back