• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Place your random thoughts.

I finally found out today why this was the case: I most likely came across the lyrics for the live version of that song (particularly the Seattle '89 concert) where some of the lines are replaced with more... Colorful vocabulary. I hadn't noticed then because the lyrics were near identical, save for two lines. Of course, I only realized this after watching a video of that concert, over a year and a half later. XD
It reminds of the time I looked up the lyrics to "Wherever I May Roam" (it's a new favorite song of mine now) and the lyrics of the live version that popped up on Google almost deterred me from adding it to my playlist... I had to go to Genius to make sure there wasn't an f-bomb in the song. I'm glad I did!

It reminds of the time I looked up the lyrics to "Wherever I May Roam" (it's a new favorite song of mine now) and the lyrics of the live version that popped up on Google almost deterred me from adding it to my playlist... I had to go to Genius to make sure there wasn't an f-bomb in the song. I'm glad I did!
Yeah, Metallica usually changes up some of the lyrics during their concerts, which aren't always the cleanest. (Most notably in Master Of Puppets, One, Nothing Else Matters, etc.) They swear so infrequently in their music, so it's pretty unexpected. XP

I tried searching for the lyrics of "Wherever I May Roam" (the live version), but I didn't find anything like that. I did get this, though:

1717004648702.png

Oh, and I'm pretty sure it's 'roamer'. 🤔

ive been craving shish tawook every single day for weeks now and ive been buying it for lunch and. man. it's so good. but why am i so obsessed with this? whatever, it tastes good and its healthier than ordering taco bell daily

I tried searching for the lyrics of "Wherever I May Roam" (the live version), but I didn't find anything like that. I did get this, though:

View attachment 566253
If you just look up the song's title and then go to the lyrics, you get:
IMG_0953.jpeg

This was what I was talking about. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it is the live version or not TBH.

If you just look up the song's title and then go to the lyrics, you get:
View attachment 566259
This was what I was talking about. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it is the live version or not TBH.
That's definitely the live version, since James says "yeah-yeah" in the original song. Perfect place to slip in an F-bomb, I guess. :p

Anyway, another random thought: I noticed that the coffee pot was empty when I got home. I made a batch of 12 cups this morning and drank one before I left for school. How much coffee did my parents drink today??

i shouldn’t have stayed up so late since I felt like crap before my Mario Party session started 😅. I was going to do salmon run with friends, but i couldn’t make it >.<.

My anxiety is so annoying; I wish wasn’t so sensitive. I saw some ? reactions when I mentioned how bad I was as the one player in a 1 vs 3 game and I felt like I just killed the mood and made myself look stupid too >.<

Oil Ocean would fit well as a Sonic CD stage. If it was, it would probably be like this:

Past: there’s less factories in the background and the oil is water and the water at the bottom of the stage has ground to stand on underneath. It’s pretty shallow so you wouldn’t drown unless you were trying to. So basically, it’s how this place looked before capitalism

Present: how it normally looks like in Sonic 2

Bad future: it’s kind of like how it looks in Act 2 in Sonic Mania. It’s hazy and polluted and you need to pull switches to clean the air so you can survive. Because Sonic CD has a lot of dark implications, I think that one of the enemies should look like a person in a hazmat suit, and no animal is freed when you kill them. They don’t attack you either, so you’re basically just killing innocent workers

Good future: it’s kind of like the past version but completely renovated. There’s water on the bottom half of the stage, but most of the water sections are optional as long as you don’t stand on falling floor for too long. The oil slides are water slides now, so going on one can easily force you into the ocean. The water sections also don’t have enemies so you just need air bubbles, and the water can be escaped with if you’re good enough. Most importantly, there’s no factories in the background

Last edited:
I was introduced to Cannibal Corpse by my French teacher in high school.

he was like "Guys, this is a cool band. But do not check it out at school".

oh man he was right. I had never seen that level of...vulgarity before.
Oh man, I learned that the hard way. I had gotten into Cannibal Corpse recently (only about a month ago), and one time while I was bored in class, I decided to look at some CC lyrics... It took me a minute to realize that a few curious (and probably disturbed) classmates were reading what's on my screen.

It's definitely not for the faint of heart. My friend and I were talking about the band during class, and my teacher was like, "You guys like Cannibal Corpse? I could never get into their music..." Wonder why, lol.

Oh man, I learned that the hard way. I had gotten into Cannibal Corpse recently (only about a month ago), and one time while I was bored in class, I decided to look at some CC lyrics... It took me a minute to realize that a few curious (and probably disturbed) classmates were reading what's on my screen.

It's definitely not for the faint of heart. My friend and I were talking about the band during class, and my teacher was like, "You guys like Cannibal Corpse? I could never get into their music..." Wonder why, lol.

ahaha I think I got the gist from his voice tone warning, but nothing could have prepared me for some of the lyrics.

our class (or just the few friends I was sitting around) had a rather wicked sense of humor. it was likely he thought introducing us to this band he liked wouldn't be a problem.

it turns out one of my friends already knew what the band was.

I was introduced to Cannibal Corpse by my French teacher in high school.

he was like "Guys, this is a cool band. But do not check it out at school".

oh man he was right. I had never seen that level of...vulgarity before.
Some of their album covers alone make me want to vomit. I do like heavy metal, but I don't wanna stare at artwork of decomposing bodies with exposed guts and bones while I hear an incomprehensible guy rage about rotting flesh. It's a bit... much.

Speaking of which, I was trying to work on another Photopia album cover based off a real one, but it isn't looking too good right now. So instead, here is a crudely alpha'd lovely picture of a concerned Katt without fangs:

Pretending II Katt 2.png

So… it’s kind of weird, but sometimes I want to delete what I said in a post, but it gives me such bad memories and makes me cringe so hard that it’s mentally difficult for me to even touch the post. Past me is so stupid sometimes.

I need to think positive right now and think of the fun I’ve been having during this event and the friends I made. I got myself too upset and it just killed my mood :/.

Getting closer to being able to afford one collectible that I want. I wonder if I can somehow earn enough for two in the few days I have left? I don’t have a lot of game sessions left so most likely not. I had been hoping to shiny hunt but no luck with shinies yet (been waiting for the thread to reopen since idk if we’re allowed to post ones we got while it is closed). No way I can catch up to the top people with points.

Last edited:
I need to think positive right now and think of the fun I’ve been having during this event and the friends I made. I got myself too upset and it just killed my mood :/.
Hmm... I'm not sure if this helps but I got this from PaRappa the Rapper. If you got a problem, you gotta believe!
IMG_0955.png

Also, I glad to see you're enjoying Pokémon Violet! I wonder how the DLC is going for you...

Hmm... I'm not sure if this helps but I got this from PaRappa the Rapper. If you got a problem, you gotta believe!
View attachment 566399
Also, I glad to see you're enjoying Pokémon Violet! I wonder how the DLC is going for you...

Thanks! ☺️ I appreciate it! I’m not high enough level to go into the dlc area unfortunately 😅. I’m taking my time since I’m busy with tbtwc and haven’t been able to play much until recently and also I’m planning on doing an all cat pokemon lineup challenge to beat the main game. So I have to get more cats, the right nature (ideally) and figure out a build though I’m probably going to wing it and figure it out through trial and error. I can let you know what I think once I get started though 🙂

Back