Place your random thoughts.

1719794238103.png

If this isn’t a hat in the next AC game I’m not buying it. I need this so bad 🥹

I agree about the heat. It's the worst I've felt in years.

I usually take our dog outside around 6:30 in the morning. Even that early we still get blasted with humidity. Brutal weather.

Back to Legend of Zelda: BOTW after a long hiatus…I got SO close to beating Thunderblight Ganon (with one final blow remaining), only for him to rush me again. I am pretty sure I got to this point without picking up the pillars…he just started rushing me randomly. But then whenever I tried again, I swear I couldn’t progress without moving those darned pillars! It’s so frustrating lol.

I saw someone mention doppelgangers earlier in the thread. I met the father of mine once (or one of mine?) and he wasn't happy with his his kid. That was an experience. Needless to say he was very embarrassed and was stunned.

I’m not sure what it is, but digital aesthetics (like UI styles for programs and games) from the late ‘90s to early ‘00s please me in such a weird way. Yes, a lot of computer programs from back then are far inferior to what we’ve got today, but just seeing something like the Windows XP aesthetic on an old computer activates my nostalgia right away.

I’ve been itching to make my own retro PC with an old OS and several non-internet programs and games I can run whenever I want; a lot of them you can get for free these days. Giving me that turn-of-the-century computing experience would make me very nostalgia-happy. The downside is that I would have to avoid internet browsers completely (incompatibility and security issues), but that wouldn’t be a huge loss. I could just use flash drives to transfer the stuff I need.

Honestly, I’ve never really liked the minimalist designs we’ve got going on for UI these days. It’s overly simplistic. While my eyes do appreciate not being strained at times, it doesn’t make using something a bit more fun. Remember the skeuomorphism design on old iPhones (iOS 6 and earlier) when some of the apps actually resembled real things? That was sort of cool. Now there are super rounded corners for everything resembling a square or rectangle with very little creativity put into the UI design in general. I don’t like the awkward design of the current iPhone control center due to this. I’m surprised that it’s remained like this for several years now with little changes. Never liked the combined lock screen/notification center idea either.

Yeah, I’m a young dude, but I like lots of retro stuff. Late ‘90s-early ‘00s computing seems to be one of them.

Yes, a lot of computer programs from back then are far inferior to what we’ve got today,
there are actually some computer programs that run much better on older hardware because, well, that's the hardware on which they were designed to run! I still keep a Windows XP computer around for that reason. also fun fact, some companies also still use them because those older programs still very much serve their purpose, suppose it's like a "don't fix what's not broken" situation.

I came here to say that I'm so hyped to see my new tie dye shirts today aaaaaa!!! 🤩 I haven't made tie dye shirts in years!! I'll have to upload them to my tie dye thread!

General Summary of the Nintendo franchises on the Switch:
  • Some franchises and series (such as Star Fox and F-Zero) never got to see a new game on the Switch. F-Zero hardly had a new game in a while, so that’s not surprising. But Star Fox has been haunted by the failure of Star Fox Zero.
  • Some franchises and series (such as Pikmin and Mario and Luigi) only got one new game on the Switch, and they haven’t gotten any new games in a while.
  • Although Donkey Kong and Mario Kart did have games made for the Switch, the only games they got were ports or remakes.
  • The franchise that made the worst turn on the Switch was Pokémon. While it remains to be financially successful, the problems with each game (Dexit being the biggest one) show how disappointing the series has become.
  • Meanwhile, Mario and Zelda both made more interesting turns, ending years-long formulas that stuck to the games.
  • The greatest rising star of them all is Animal Crossing. Disappointments with ACNH aside, the franchise never reached wide recognition like Frozen did until 2020. And the lone AC game on the Switch is the second best-selling game on the Switch and the best-selling original game on the Switch.

One of my favorite kinds of music is the kind that tells a story. For example, if you pay attention to Outset Island's theme, from the first loop to the second loop, something is different...

And in Mother 3, your hometown isn't the same as it once was...

First it's this:

Then a couple of years later it's this:

In both games, someone very precious has been taken away... it's always fascinating when music adds, changes and/or even omits specific melodies in leitmotifs to communicate what's going on in the lives of our heroes....or even our villains. It's details like that and that kind of storytelling that I just really admire. I think it's great!

Last edited:
Now, the world (or me, at least) wants to know... Is Axl Rose a good dancer? I honestly have no clue why anyone would be willing to take dance lessons from him...
I had no idea who Axl Rose was when I first read that post. Didn't realize that he was the vocalist for Guns N' Roses at the time.

Actually, your post made me remember something I read online a bit ago:
Serpentine may be a metaphor for [—], but was also the name Axl used for his signature serpent-like wavy dance.
According to SongFacts, when Axl says “My Serpentine,” he’s describing his famous dance, which he copied from Richard Black, lead singer of the band Shark Island.

Assuming that post was referring to that dance, then I guess this should answer your question... :P
286e4dd00814b2629285e098a568343e.426x316x15.gif

I had no idea who Axl Rose was when I first read that post. Didn't realize that he was the vocalist for Guns N' Roses at the time.

Actually, your post made me remember something I read online a bit ago:

Assuming that post was referring to that dance, then I guess this should answer your question... :P
286e4dd00814b2629285e098a568343e.426x316x15.gif
Lol, funny gif. XD

I just wanted to make a reference to the first post in this thread...
Well, the title is quite clear isn't it?

I`ll kick it off;

I want dance lessons from Axl Rose.

Back