Place your random thoughts.

i can’t wait until my highlights fade because the roots/top of my hair is black but my ends are orangy-ish brown in the light 😭 maybe i need to purple shampoo more.

I was reading a stupid interesting YouTube comment section argument, and for some reason, I thought it was funny when one of the commenters caught someone lacking when they spelled “canon” with two n’s, and then said that their entire argument was invalid because of a typo.

After going through another prolonged power outage, and after learning that Abbott prioritizes property tax reforms over improving the power grid, I’m beginning to believe that failure to handle emergencies properly should be grounds for impeachment. Our power lines and utility poles are getting old, and Texas went through several storms and extreme weather since the winter storm in 2021. We need more than disaster recovery.

Power companies should also reserve the right to replace utility poles and wires without government approval. If the state doesn’t want to fix the power grid because of other issues, we should fix it ourselves.

I don't get how some people say "ahh" to get around directly mentioning the a-word like with "goofy ahh" or "silly ahh", especially on a children's website like Scratch. It makes me uncomfortable TBH. I've reported instances of this plenty of times before on Scratch to no avail.

I don't get how some people say "ahh" to get around directly mentioning the a-word like with "goofy ahh" or "silly ahh", especially on a children's website like Scratch. It makes me uncomfortable TBH. I've reported instances of this plenty of times before on Scratch to no avail.
I was not even aware that's what that meant?? I guess I learned something new reading this. Kinda wish I didn't.

I've heard a number of my friends say that and I think it's pretty annoying, but I never looked into what it meant until now. Honestly, "goofy ahh" is just one of those slang terms that make me cringe a little.

Anyway, regarding your post: It's kinda odd to get around the censors like that, and at that point, I'm not sure if those users are just saying "goofy ahh" without knowing what it means or using intentional censor bypassing.

Feeling creative today, art or writing will happen and I am excited~

I'm optimistic that maybe they'll be able to learn from what Puss n Boots did correct with Shrek 5.

I'm more concerned that they want to make new Lord of the Rings movies.

The original creator, Tolkien, has died. This kind of thing typically does not go well. Unless they still have source material to take from.

I think it’s really funny how the Japanese boss theme in Sonic CD is just an absolute bop and then the US one is basically Disc 13. And the same with the Game Over themes. They’re so drastically different that it’s hilarious.

I think it’s really funny how the Japanese boss theme in Sonic CD is just an absolute bop and then the US one is basically Disc 13. And the same with the Game Over themes. They’re so drastically different that it’s hilarious.
That's basically the case about localizations sometimes.

Sometimes, they would just westernize the content to appeal to overseas audience. Even Mario back in the 80's in America is slightly different from Japan. Mario being from Brooklyn is basically just one of those "headcanons" made up by the American producers (especially DiC and others) and Nintendo of America.

In the original Japanese version however, Mario never had any specific origin or home town where he came from.

When I was 16, I spent about half of my highschool hours in a trade school.

One day they bought in real employers for 'practice job interviews'. They called them mock interviews but they were really hiring students from them. So I don't think it deserved that name.

They gave us our results on note paper. Mine said "appeared extremely nervous". My friend beside me was showered with compliments.

So, while I think it was a great idea in practice, they could have instilled a better job on the feedback. Maybe give the criticism in private and in person.

I can shrug it off and laugh a little now. But at the time it definitely stung my self confidence.

That's basically the case about localizations sometimes.

Sometimes, they would just westernize the content to appeal to overseas audience. Even Mario back in the 80's in America is slightly different from Japan. Mario being from Brooklyn is basically just one of those "headcanons" made up by the American producers (especially DiC and others) and Nintendo of America.

In the original Japanese version however, Mario never had any specific origin or home town where he came from.
Oh yeah, it’s like that with a lot of the songs in the American soundtrack, but it’s the weirdest with those two themes. They just sound nightmare inducing.

Recently decided to start using Reddit again after quitting all social media (bar three forums I help run and their respective Discord severs) years ago. My feed was bugging me 'til I mass left all the subreddits I used to follow (about 70+) and wiped view history. Now my recommendations are actually relevant to the topic I'm using it for instead of my interests from four years ago. I didn't think my interests had changed all that much in that time, but apparently so!

Bro why is Mega Man music so GOOD? I haven’t even played a Mega Man game before but the osts are filled with bangers.

I came across a book that was a collaboration with my kindergarten class about what we wanted to be when we grow up. I came across my entry and it went like:

'When I grow up I want to be a rabbit.'

Sadly it has not come true, but I'm surprised I had rabbits on the mind even then.

I got placed into a speech therapy class as a kid.

Thinking back now, it was pointless.

I'm pretty sure the school put me there because of my accent.

My voice doesn't pronounce certain English letters perfectly. I have to make an effort for R related sounds.

Apparently I 'graduated', but I still talk exactly the same.

I know it's Summer right now, but every time someone brings up experiencing snow I feel jealous.

In California, where I live, it almost always rains during the winter. Sometimes there's hail, but since it's nothing like snow it isn't the same. Every Winter I long for snow so I can experience snowball fights and building snowmen.

The closest I've ever gotten to experiencing snow was during a trip to Lake Tahoe years ago. All that white powder intrigued me, but I didn't really get to enjoy it since it was almost melting and the gloves I was wearing (and could've used for making snowballs and snowmen) weren't gloves...they were socks.

Can’t believe there might be a time in the future where I could ask a new member if they’ve played New Leaf and they’ll say “what’s that?”
IMG_6900.gif

I think while the stuff we deal with in our own lives are important to us, it's not the end of the world. There have been and are millions of people who've experienced the end of their world, and some have truly reached the end of it. We should be more grateful about our circumstances despite the problems we face.

Back