Place your random thoughts.

Why do my parents have to blast music at full volume on car rides? It is way too loud. I’m sure people on the other side of the highway can hear it. There’s no reason to do that. I don’t get why people do that. I can barely hear myself think, Jesus Christ

I can feel the car’s speakers crying right now.

Last edited:
2025... even though that's next year, it still feels like it's about 40 years from now.
To me at least.
And it’s the next year to have a square root day: 5/5/25.

Speaking of roots, the square root of 2025 is 45. And Valentine’s Day is always the 45th day of the year. So shouldn’t the next Valentine’s Day be the real square root day?

I wonder how my...acquaintance is doing at camp?
I wonder how my...crush is doing at camp?
I wonder how I can get myself to a camp next summer?

Why do my parents have to blast music at full volume on car rides? It is way too loud. I’m sure people on the other side of the highway can hear it. There’s no reason to do that. I don’t get why people do that. I can barely hear myself think, Jesus Christ

I can feel the car’s speakers crying right now.

My aunt would do this with country music. She blasts it so loud I could hear it through my headphones in the back of a large van. I don't get it either.

At least she's switched it up a little. Sometimes she plays variations of older rock which is way more tolerable to me. I'm not even one of those people who think 'all country = terrible'. But I can't even wrap my head around some of the lyrics.

Screenshot 2024-07-14 4.10.22 PM.png

This one is called 'Fancy Like', and I hate it in particular.

I had a weird dream where you can make digital postcards (with different backgrounds, characters, and items) on this site and send them to random people on this forum, given that you put in the birth year and astrology sign. For instance, if you send a postcard randomly to someone born in 1993 and has the astrology sign of Aquarius, I’m very likely to receive the postcard, if it hasn’t been sent to another member on this forum born in 1993 and has the sign Aquarius.

My aunt would do this with country music. She blasts it so loud I could hear it through my headphones in the back of a large van. I don't get it either.

At least she's switched it up a little. Sometimes she plays variations of older rock which is way more tolerable to me. I'm not even one of those people who think 'all country = terrible'. But I can't even wrap my head around some of the lyrics.

View attachment 571655

This one is called 'Fancy Like', and I hate it in particular.
That's Walker Hayes. I love that song.

I have nearly every character in Smash Ultimate in Elite Smash (which is the top 97.5 percentile online). The ones remaining are characters that don't click with me at all.

One could use the phrase 'touch grass' and I wouldn't even argue.

But oddly I don't even consider myself great at the game. I'm sure many could stomp me.

But I definitely have a weird fundamental understanding of it.

Screenshot_20240714-193616.png

@Chris If she didn't play it on full blast and on loop, I might have found it tolerable or even catchy.

I was looking up the trope “Genre Killer” on TV Tropes. Although most of the genres that were killed or made obscure were these minor genres (like fantasy parody and collectathon plafformers), the two most extreme cases were the E.T. video game and Toy Story 1:
  • E.T. - was responsible for the Video Game Crash of 1983. For a while, people didn’t take video games seriously, and for even longer, no American company made new video game consoles. Had it not been for Nintendo, the gaming industry would be dead here in America.
  • Toy Story 1 - traditional animation in the film industry no longer became viable after the introduction of CGI as a medium. After the Disney Renaissance, traditionally animated films were mostly unsuccessful, hence why they abandoned 2D animation and went to 3D animation.

I’m starting to prefer cold showers and I think I might start doing them every Summer now. I feel like my mind resets whenever I take one and I still feel refreshed when I’m done.

Taking my 3 year old cousin trick or treating last year was one of my favorite experiences.

I also never had a younger sibling, so maybe it was just something special that I didn't know I would enjoy.

Are there actually mfs out there that use Twitter and have civil discussions? Because I can’t imagine that ever happening.

Edit: no seriously, I want to know if there’s a part of Twitter that’s not toxic.
i have occasionally seen comments where there was a civilized discussion that ended well yeah, not super often tho

going to the movie theatre is so ungodly expensive. like what do you mean i have to pay $10 in fees just because i want to buy tickets online??

Back