Place your random thoughts.

I don't understand why products like shampoo and deodorant need to be gendered (stuff like "Dove™ FOR MEN"). It's either you smell like redwood palm tree fiji water gaming console or berry vanilla apricot strawberry shortcake. Why can't they just have all their products as is without needing to advertise "manly/womanly scents" (product scents, I mean)? >.>

Hello Kitty is cool and all, but Hannari Komachi is like a way cuter version of her imo. I know she’s much newer but i wish she was more popular.
View attachment 572435
I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows Hannari Komachi, she's so cute! It is quite unfortunate that she doesn't seem to get that much merchandise. She's criminally underrated, she needs more popularity! She even debuted in the same year I was born. :3

It's kind of neat to pass through clouds while aboard an airplane. Well, if you're in a window seat anyway, which I always go for. Never been on such a long flight that the aisle seat seems necessary (usually only an hour or two, usually have connecting flights too), and middle seat seems like the worst option if there are more than two seats per row, so window always seems like the best choice for me.

But yeah. Only flown a few times so far, so it's probably mundane to more experienced and frequent fliers, but I thought it was sorta cool.

IMG_7018.png

I’ve had enough of being alive for one lifetime. How is this real wtf

View attachment 572426

I’ve had enough of being alive for one lifetime. How is this real wtf
There's no sources or any proof of the confirmation. Until the studio confirms this, I truly doubt that the "skibidi toilet" movie would be made since the source models are primarily from Valve games.

And I also doubt that they'll go to the creator of the series for a contract. Again, don't get easily fooled by mainstream journalism that just wants to farm clicks because the article might be fake.

Watched some clips of “What Would You Do?” on YouTube. That show has always been my guilty pleasure, but I feel bad for some of the random people who get involved.

In case you don’t know, the show hires actors who behave openly racist/homophobic/ableist/etc. in public to other actors and see how bystanders react. For example, there was one where a lady in a restaurant (actress) criticizes a white woman (also actress) for adopting a Black daughter. Another lady overheard and called the racist out, and then she burst into tears. She later admitted she was a child during the 1960s in the Deep South and being deeply affected by white people’s treatment of her Black neighbors. Honestly…I see what the show attempts to accomplish, but why play with people’s feelings like that?! I also worry about the child actors in it who have to get called fat or stupid, or discriminated against due to race. I know it’s just a show, but it’s concerning at times.

So I’m giving another go at one of the dating apps I’ve used previously (it’s not Tinder). This will be the only one I’ll use, and I’m not going to spend money on any premium features. I’m hoping that I’ve matured enough to present myself as an honest, nice and respectable person to others who are also looking for someone of similar caliber. I’m not in any rush to find new friends, so let’s hope for the best.

I don't begin to know what possessed me to think this but. I looked at the bottle of apple cider vinegar in the kitchen and thought "yeah I can take a straight shot of that" anyway I feel like my soul left my body and came back and I'm very awake now

I watched some old cartoon last night. One thing I noticed about cartoons back then were the lack of detail and plain backgrounds, opposed to the modern cartoons with extensive details and more vibrant backgrounds. The only things I see besides the backgrounds are the characters and objects of focus.

And if you ask me about those explosion effects, they are the low-FPS sequences with a few colorful zigzag clouds. Cartoons have changed a lot since.
Tell that to the old animated theatrical shorts that were made back in the 1930's-1950's before the television.

Honestly, the reason why the tv cartoons in the 50's and 60's have such limited animation and limited style is because of budget.
Since theater revenue isn't a thing once the TV came into the picture and the TV grants full access to shows via broadcast, they have no choice but to cut back on budgets and rely on commercials for funds, especially the animation budget. Along with the perception of "animation = kiddie shows" that brewed upon in the late 50's.

UPA animation studio pioneered this style of limited animation and limited backgrounds. With other animation studios trying to mimic the animation style at that time.

But theatrical shorts back at the 30's-50's are well animated because of the higher budget and the revenue from the theatrical releases.

Random things from my other games. I've been playing them a lot lately along with my NH island.

GTgQrUAWYAEmBOl.jpeg

Sally gave me her picture in Bluebell again.❤️

GTgQrekXkAAhHJ5.jpeg

Looks like morning aerobics started this week in Villa.

GTgQrolXkAASRy8.jpeg

Found Poppy wondering around with an umbrella during the day. Guess to keep herself from getting a tan in Lana.

Honestly, the reason why the tv cartoons in the 50's and 60's have such limited animation and limited style is because of budget.
Since theater revenue isn't a thing once the TV came into the picture and the TV grants full access to shows via broadcast, they have no choice but to cut back on budgets and rely on commercials for funds, especially the animation budget. Along with the perception of "animation = kiddie shows" that brewed upon in the late 50's.
A great example is The Flintstones and other Hanna-Barbera cartoons in the '60s specifically. If you notice when a character is running, you'll see the same background being repeated over and over. Eventually, audiences caught on to this, and it became somewhat of a joke for characters to mention it (4th wall break). Oh, and let's not forget those old sponsor ads featuring the characters smoking cigarettes, back when advertising such products was allowed on TV.

I can't find a clip on YouTube because of the episode name being super generic, but in the Season 4 Simpsons episode "The Front", there is a scene where Bart and Lisa walk through the animation wing at the Itchy and Scratchy production studio. The background is noticeably repeated over and over. Lisa is impressed by what she sees, leading company CEO Roger Meyers Jr. to reply regarding how most animation studios "reuse assets" to combat budget restraints. It's hilarious in context considering what is actually happening on screen.

A great example is The Flintstones and other Hanna-Barbera cartoons in the '60s specifically. If you notice when a character is running, you'll see the same background being repeated over and over. Eventually, audiences caught on to this, and it became somewhat of a joke for characters to mention it (4th wall break). Oh, and let's not forget those old sponsor ads featuring the characters smoking cigarettes, back when advertising such products was allowed on TV.

I can't find a clip on YouTube because of the episode name being super generic, but in the Season 4 Simpsons episode "The Front", there is a scene where Bart and Lisa walk through the animation wing at the Itchy and Scratchy production studio. The background is noticeably repeated over and over. Lisa is impressed by what she sees, leading company CEO Roger Meyers Jr. to reply regarding how most animation studios "reuse assets" to combat budget restraints. It's hilarious in context considering what is actually happening on screen.
Speaking of budget restraints, Clutch Cargo is funny in itself. They basically just find the way to not animate the mouth movements to cut the costs even further. They used the Synchro-vox technique.

But the technique itself is mocked and parodied decades later as a gag in cartoons.

Speaking of budget restraints, Clutch Cargo is funny in itself. They basically just find the way to not animate the mouth movements to cut the costs even further. They used the Synchro-vox technique.

But the technique itself is mocked and parodied decades later as a gag in cartoons.
Ah yes, Synchro-vox. Instead of drawing the mouths frame-by frame, they just place talking lips on the animation. The Spongebob intro is a great example of this... and here's another example from Clutch Cargo itself:

Sorry had to barge in LOL, this conversation about cartoons is very intriguing.

Back