Place your random thoughts.

I was going through some old stuff to donate to charity, and I found some of my old VHS tapes.

☆ Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day
☆ Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree
☆ Walt Disney Cartoons: Here's Pluto!

the fair is happening and i don’t have access to my drawing tablet/art supplies (and won’t for months) and I’m insanely busy with RL stuff so all i can do is stare blankly at the rereleased star wand……sometimes life really do be like that

Tell that to the old animated theatrical shorts that were made back in the 1930's-1950's before the television.

Honestly, the reason why the tv cartoons in the 50's and 60's have such limited animation and limited style is because of budget.
Since theater revenue isn't a thing once the TV came into the picture and the TV grants full access to shows via broadcast, they have no choice but to cut back on budgets and rely on commercials for funds, especially the animation budget. Along with the perception of "animation = kiddie shows" that brewed upon in the late 50's.

UPA animation studio pioneered this style of limited animation and limited backgrounds. With other animation studios trying to mimic the animation style at that time.

But theatrical shorts back at the 30's-50's are well animated because of the higher budget and the revenue from the theatrical releases.
(Part 2 of the post because I won't shut up about useless animation tidbits)

Thoughout the 60's, most cartoons have limited animation. To make up for the "lack" of animation, dialog and script take center stage in the process of making a cartoon. Most cartoons in the late 60's rely on either quick animated gags or script based humor with puns rather than the meticulous storyboards and heavy slapstick defining the humor. The restraints imposed by the FCC and the US government on television networks especially programming aimed at families at that time helped with the stiff and safe humor at the cartoons in the late 60's. Although some cartoons do have dry humor (ex. Rocky and Bullwinkle).

In the 70's and early 80's is basically the same as the 60's but this time they just rely on the young target demographic for animation which spearheaded the Saturday morning cartoons. Although, this was considered the "dark age of animation" for people who actually cared about animation. Most of the 70's cartoons are either Scooby Doo knockoffs or cartoons that destined to be extremely obscure.

The 80's is where most cartoons rely heavily on toy advertising and old IP's. He- Man basically pioneered the toy-based cartoon formula. It was around the late 80's that Mighty Mouse revival (the one with Ralph Bakshi, not the Filmation one from the early 80's) brought back animation on the radar which brought in the animation renaissance in the 90's.

(I might be wrong or remembering this incorrectly so feel free to correct me on that)

Last edited:
My brain is fried after doing the crossword puzzle. I don’t have my computer or printer hooked up or unpacked yet, so I had to do it by phone. the app had a limit to how much text you can have so I had to save, exit and open the app repeatedly not to mention how long it took moving the letters to fit in the box. not sure if there is a better way to do it

decided to get back into neopets after almost 9 (probably longer though) years. a lot has changed, but it's actually been quite fun! i've been playing the games i used to play when i was younger (suck at them now though) and i've been working on making the customs i used to want as a kid 😋 i've joined the subreddit too, which has helped me get back on my feet in terms of learning what's new and what i've forgotten all these years.

maybe it was because i was young and slightly illiterate a couple of years ago while playing, but something that i have noticed after playing for like two days is that it's suddenly become 100 times easier to earn neopoints now! probably just because of neopoint inflation though 🤷‍♀️ but regardless, fun!!

I have baby mystery snails to re-home soon. They are "wild color" but honestly they look kinda metallic. Because they are wild color, I'm unsure if I can find homes for them. Most people want a fancy color. Hoping to trade enough of them to get a plant or two.
I plan on contacting local fish stores soon, as some of them are about dime size now but hoping to home them to local people themselves. I know mystery snails are kinda big, but I'm honestly surprised they aren't a more popular snail.

i'm so hungry and regret sleeping early...

i also hope i get to see a lot of the good that the future might bring; i can already imagine the happy memories i'll make and that in itself is very exciting.

does anyone here have a japanese copy of sonic adventure (dreamcast or gamecube) and do you know if it’s possible to change the language in the game? (IK this might be a far fetched question to ask here)

Last edited:
I remember one time I found an obviously fake AITA Reddit story but it was one of the few times I choked on my drink from laughing so hard.

The story was something like this: A woman was living with her boyfriend in a house next door to some kids, whose football kept getting the yard. The boyfriend had enough and stole the football, then threw it back later. The woman thought the ball looked/smelled different so the guy said he pooped and smeared his poop all over the football as “revenge.”
His girlfriend was angry at him, but I think the guy’s mom defended him? (Or maybe that was a different story?) Either way, I hope it was fake because of how insane it was.

I thought it was HILARIOUS when I first heard it (on some YouTube channel). But it was probably deleted lol.

GTpzNvCXQAAaXHc.jpeg

I forgot how villagers in the older game could be some real con artists at times. She was trying to sell me one wallpaper or flooring (Forgot the names now) that could be found at Tom Nook for dirt cheap.

Baaad, Stella. BAAAAAD!

Last edited:
I tried the $5 meal at Checkers and Rally. The current fast food bandwagon. The nice thing is that you can upsize it for a small price. (I didn't)

They do need new voice boxes at the Drive Thru's. It's hard to hear for both sides.

The sandwich size is pretty generous.

Screenshot_20240729-124057.png

I was never a fan of how the previous owners planted stuff. They always planted stuff right next to obstacles as if the plant would never grow or something. Any ho storms are coming for a few days this week so wish us luck. We cut what we could for now that had cracks. 😬

To think my current lineup and aesthetic so totally fit the theme of the Fair but on the first of August I'll be switching it up to something else. Honestly I wanted to change it sooner but I am a notorious procrastinator. Just...really don't care nor have the energy to participate lol but hey! My birthday is coming up real soon so I like to think that the Fair is not only celebrating the forum's birthday but also the birthdays of peeps born in August.

Also best ship? I haven't forgotten about it! 💖💖💖

S.S.DolphinPikmin.jpg
Nidoran.jpg

What questions do I not like? Useless questions of course.

I don’t mind answering questions. But useless questions like “Why does Sandy have a flower on her helmet?” and “Why is Pikachu yellow?” when talking about SpongeBob episode summaries or how to play Pokémon are the questions that annoy me.

Kids do like to ask useless questions.

I don’t mind answering questions. But useless questions like “Why does Sandy have a flower on her helmet?” and “Why is Pikachu yellow?” when talking about SpongeBob episode summaries or how to play Pokémon are the questions that annoy me.

In defense of the little ones, they're just very curious. But I understand where you're coming from.

As my job involves dealing with kids, I always get asked random questions such as these. It's actually kind of fun to reveal a silly answer if it's something I already know about, but if it's not, then I simply give generic responses they'd understand. When middle/high schoolers do the same thing, then I get a bit annoyed as their questions are inappropriate 90% of the time and are thus more stressful to respond to correctly.

I will admit that trying to answer twenty questions while also driving a big yellow vehicle is definitely not for the average joe. How I'm able to manage such a thing at my young age is a mystery within itself. But hey, I'll gladly take that over misbehavior in the back without me looking.

Occasionally, if I have to sign out of Google on my computer for whatever reason then log back in, I'll get an email asking to "Set up your new device". Yeah, like the desktop PC that I built myself back in 2018 and use almost daily is totally brand new. This also happens on other older devices that I sometimes use.

One of my devices is literally named "Old MacBook", so seeing the "Set up your new device" email that mentions "Old MacBook" is quite hilarious.

Back