• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Place your random thoughts.

Didn’t I do it for you?
IMG_3143.jpeg

Didn’t I do it for you, Kermie?

It's sad that nursing homes can't be trusted. I saw yet another house being investigated for abuse this morning. If you hire somebody to take care of one of the most vulnerable population groups (the elderly), precautions should be taken way more seriously.

When my grandmother was alive and fell down, she had to stay in a nursing home. She frequently complained about a staff member who 'didn't like her'.

I hate that it's so common. It makes me worry about my older family members.

I looked up “12 deadly sins” out of curiosity. This is what I saw as the additional five sins:
  • Hypocrisy
  • Ignorance
  • Denialism
  • Tribalism
  • Gnosticism
If ignorance and denialism are considered two of the deadly sins, is “bothsidesism” on social issues and being critical of “wokeness” considered evil according to the Bible? Or are they specifically referring to a religious context?

I know it's been gradually getting darker at night earlier since Summer Solstice in the UK, but it seems to be really dark in the morning and dark really early now. 😥 I always remember it to be by about September before it hit like this. Maybe it's just me! 🌅🌆

Last edited:
Reactions: Doo
I have a pretty good idea for my cooking event entry, and it's going to be a Zucker ice cream cone.

The first time I tried making it though, things got messy.

Next time I'll have to actually prepare my ingredients beforehand and decorate my ice cream while it's hard instead of waiting for it to soften for 10 minutes.

My brain isn't processing that I have a job interview soon. I'm not that nervous for it. I don't know how to feel. I don't know what my emotions will be when I walk in there.

I was severely depressed for a long time. (several years). I decided my best effort to move forward would be to start working. I didn't think I would get an interview a day after I started putting in applications. (granted, I do have a lot of volunteer experience on my resume).

My mom said she would help me shop for appropriate clothes tomorrow.

I don't know how it's going to go. I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to do this. In my head I don't except much to come from this interview and it feels like I'm only going in there to practice anyways.

I’ve seen some videos on my YouTube recommendations about “the 2024 Olympics being bad/a mess, etc.” which is honestly fair to say, but I felt awkward about them showing Imane Khelif’s face in the thumbnails. I mean, I’ve seen some of these YouTubers before and they’re pretty progressive, but when they put her face there it looks like they’re saying SHE ruined it, and not the Internet trolls. (Though I understand why they don’t want to put offensive tweets in the thumbnail either.) I know I’m too sensitive, but without context it just feels weird.

Not necessarily. Some people have reached the maximum amount of confetti for now
The last two days have been great for responses, but I know I am not that interesting. Once the max is reached for these individuals, it will go back to normal? Or is there another round of this?

I love the community effort for some of these events, but it kind of hurts those of us who want to genuinely connect with people.

To be honest, when conservatives were boycotting Disney, big tech companies, and stuff like Bud Light over their marketing, products, business decisions, and management, I would consider their boycotts to be “hateful boycotting”. Although some of the reasons are justifiable (such as firing people for being politically incorrect), most of them is because these businesses were promoting diversity or for speaking against certain politicians, candidates, or columnists. And that is hateful boycotting, which isn’t any better than behaviors that can get you expelled from school or banned from websites.

Back