• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Place your random thoughts.

As much as I wanna write something for the story entry, I don't think I'll have time to do it.
I will try and write something. Even if I don't get it done, I don't mind.
Most of the day today, I was going through my old box that has old primary/secondary books and birthday cards. So that was interesting. Finding cards I've kept from my aunt, and ones my mum used to do addressed to me but signing it as our cats, seeing Trixie and Tinkerbells names, just aww. Miss them and my aunt so much.
I was mainly going through things to organise some stuff I plan to use and put in my portfolio, as I thought it be good to make a blog with everything I did at college and such. Still nice going down memory lane.
Found an old college book for maths, since I never passed and they make you do maths along with your other subjects; and I found I had written 'I just don't care anymore' in the book lol.

I've been getting a lot of questionable ads on Pinterest, and I finally reported one of them last night (I basically just discovered the report feature, lol). Well, I come back to Pinterest and I get that same ad again?? The one I reported?? How. 😭 I don't even know how this stuff gets past the radar...

IMG_6066.jpeg

i’m sorry, i know this is basically the album cover but $32 off sale for this is WILD.

View attachment 580999
i’m sorry, i know this is basically the album art work but $32 off sale for this is WILD.
I get that the reason why band/artist's shirts are expensive because of the license, but that's still a lot for such a plain shirt. (People can buy/wear what they want if it makes them happy, but I gotta agree with you.)

Kinda related, but I decided to check out the merch store of one of my favorite bands, and the hoodie was $104 USD. I converted it and it's $140+ CAD without tax and shipping?? 😭 I don't think I could justify spending so much money on a hoodie.

I remember when Subway had $5 foot longs. Now, $6 can get you a six inch.

Subway isn't even my favorite, but it's crazy to think about. My favorite goes to Taco Bell, which is one of the most affordable fast foods.
Yeah, inflation has gotten really bad since the pandemic started. But I’m more into Chick-Fil-A and Panda Express.

And don’t get me started on Whataburger’s prices. Well, to be honest, Whataburger has always been expensive. Back when they first opened up, burgers costed 25 cents each. But that was when you could get a McDonald’s burger for 5 cents or 15 cents.

I remember when Subway had $5 foot longs. Now, $6 can get you a six inch.

Subway isn't even my favorite, but it's crazy to think about. My favorite goes to Taco Bell, which is one of the most affordable fast foods.
Same thing with candy. I remember when the bars were less than a dollar. Now some are $2 or $3 for a small bar. It's stupid. I haven't bought candy in years because of the price. They need stop getting so greedy. I don't know how people can afford to keep blowing money like this. I've had to stop buying all kinds of food and stuff I used to like.

What do you mean, detrimental to your health?
I guess since if it's on your 'lap' you'll most likely be hunched over and that's not good for your back. Only thing I can think of.

I’m glad I got a relatively expensive screen protector for my phone since it protected my phone when I fell so well. just a small part of the screen protector got damaged and torn and my phone just got minor damage on the screen.

• Hug
Reactions: Doo
What do you mean, detrimental to your health?
There's stuff goin' around saying that if you put it on your lap you'll be exposed to electromagnetic waves that can increase the risk of cancer. My mom watches videos with this info and she even tells me that too.

I guess since if it's on your 'lap' you'll most likely be hunched over and that's not good for your back. Only thing I can think of.
Yeah, there's also the risk of back pain, but I hadn't thought of that until you brought it up.

There's stuff goin' around saying that if you put it on your lap you'll be exposed to electromagnetic waves that can increase the risk of cancer. My mom watches videos with this info and she even tells me that too.
Oh, I thought that was only mobile phones

Yeah, there's also the risk of back pain, but I hadn't thought of that until you brought it up.
I used to have a really old laptop that overheated. So it never felt really good on my lap tbh. I would always have to put the sleeve case between my lap and it so I didn't burn my legs lmao.

I am sure that in moderation whatever electromagnetic waves it emits are safe. We use microwaves still and I'm sure those put out way more radiation than a laptop. I remember reading on the back of a internet cord that 'it caused cancer in the state of California' but only if you ingested it and I'm sure you would have to eat so much that it causing cancer would be the least of your concern. You should be fine if you use a laptop.

I can’t get these bubbles out from under my new screen protector. It’s annoying but I think I don’t want to mess with it more than I have so I don’t waste it. more important is that it is on and protects my phone.

I put Jewels on the bed with me and under the blankets. I thought she’d leave but she’s still snuggled up against me, purring 🥰.

I can't do urinals. If there isn't a stall I leave.
It's called paruresis and it sucks to deal with. Especially in venues where stalls in male bathrooms are uncommon.

When I was in highschool two guys started banging on the stall asking 'why I went in there for'.

I stayed silent and waited for them to leave. I don't miss how immature highschool could be.

Back