• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Post your Shiny Pokémon collection.

I just found a Shiny Psyduck at only about 50 dexnav encounters! So lucky :D

HNS8jUe.jpg

Shiny female Combee at 2,023 eggs; surprisingly not my longest hunt despite the 1 female to 7 male gender ratio for Combee and the additional 1:512 chance of that Combee being shiny. My longest hunt was for a female Ralts at 2,527 eggs and I hatched 4 males before that one despite the even gender ratio. Only hatched two male Combee during this hunt, one at 302 eggs and the second at 1,820 eggs.

Should note that I already obtained a shiny Vespiquen; but I used Cute Charm and Friend Safari for that one so I didn't feel nearly as accomplished when I caught that one as I am now after hatching this one. Not to mention I had a Level Ball Combee transferred in from Heart Gold so this new one is even more special to me due to the rare ball type. It's Impish but missing an IV in Attack, which is OK since I can fix that when Sun and Moon come out with Hyper Training. Really though this Combee is my proudest shiny yet. <3

When I restarted my ORAS file, as soon as I stepped into Rusturf tunnel the first time after getting Roxanne's badge I found a shiny male Whismur.

I'm pulling my hair out
I've hatched 90 eggs so far and no shiny emogla.

Masuda method, and shiny charm too. ): why does my luck suck

Last edited:
I'm pulling my hair out

Your luck doesn't suck at all. 90 eggs isn't bad considering you have a 1/512 chance of hatching a shiny egg. My longest drought was 2,387 eggs for a shiny Espurr, which took 1,972 eggs to hatch after my second shiny Espurr at 415 eggs. My longest hunt not including extra shinies was for a female Ralts at 2,527 eggs, of which I hatched four shiny males in between eggs 1,811 eggs and 2,527 eggs.

Last edited:
I got a shiny driftblim in the wild without hunting a few days ago.

I'm pulling my hair out

90 ._.

I hatched 415 eevee eggs with this format and I still did not find a shiny. It is too early to give up! Keep going... That doesn't include the others before I started counting.

Last edited:
My first Shiny was in Emerald with a Shiny Pochyena in Petalburg Woods. I tried to catch it but I failed.

Next was Liepard in Black which was also a random encounter. I think it was in Route 5, left to Nimbasa City, on the way to Driftveil City.

I hatched a shiny for the first time! It's a Chimchar and i got it at around 1400 eggs. Took a week or so but i'm happy that i have it now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

90 ._.

I hatched 415 eevee eggs with this format and I still did not find a shiny. It is too early to give up! Keep going... That doesn't include the others before I started counting.

Ikr the people who get it at like 5 eggs are extremely lucky, like i said in my post, i got my Chimchar at around 1400 eggs.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I got a shiny driftblim in the wild without hunting a few days ago.

Whoa lucky you! I never found a random shiny rip

My first shiny was a shiny Floatzel in the wild in Pearl, without trying.
I then got a Gastrodon without trying in Pearl.
Then I found a shiny Bellsprout in x & y.
I hatched a shiny Skitty after 3 eggs in Oras. (Lucky)

The rest of my shinies have been obtained from other people.

Last edited:
i caught a shiny male charmeleon with its hidden ability in friend safari.

I've never caught I single shiny pok?mon. After almost 18 years of playing Pok?mon, I don't even think I've ever come across one. I've had Pok?rus though, and that's even rarer.

I do own a shiny Quagsire that was gifted to me, and a shiny Rayquaza I got from a give away.

I've been wondering, are there people who hacked into the game to find out the odds yet? Because ever since I discovered that shinies existed I got extremely curious about the odds of the DexNav and the Masuda method. Many sources claim that it's around 1/512 with shiny charm but from my experience the odds are better than that.

I know I caught a wild Shiny Shinx in Platinum on some save ages ago but I think that's it for wild ones not counting red gyarados..

Other I had were p much trades/gifts so

I hatched a shiny Abra a while back, first one I've ever actually gotten myself but I didn't intend on it.

Spr_6x_063.png

Spr_6x_063_s.png

Yeah Shiny Abra sucks BUT

At least Shiny Alakazam looks good

Spr_6x_065_f.png

Spr_6x_065_m_s.png

Last edited:
^grats and yeah i agree those pink areas on it look really good.

i don't think i've ever hatched a shiny, not even when i had that shiny charm and foreign ditto.. i mean it's rare but still.. the rng is too bad.

Speaking of foreign Dittos...When you can change IVs in S&M, get your foreign Ditto to max IVs.

How do foreign languages work, like, if I get a copy of the game in America and change language of the game to Spanish will all Pok?mon be Spanish mons

Speaking of foreign Dittos...When you can change IVs in S&M, get your foreign Ditto to max IVs.

How do foreign languages work, like, if I get a copy of the game in America and change language of the game to Spanish will all Pok?mon be Spanish mons

I believe that's how it works yeah

Back