• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

In general you mean? Yes, they’ve been open on and off for about a week now. Places we’ve listed here are Walmart, Best Buy and Amazon.

They're often only open for a few minutes to half an hour at most, so you’ll have to keep checking and be quick!
Oh oki thank you!
Do you have a link I could use so I could check from time to time in case I manage to get some? :)

How often are the restocks, are they just completely random? Haven't managed to order any so far :(

How often are the restocks, are they just completely random? Haven't managed to order any so far :(
So far they’ve seemed pretty random 😔 they have all dropped without warning and at totally random times.

Sadly they seem quite random from what I’ve seen. The most pattern I can point out is that Walmart and Best Buy seem to open them mostly on weekdays in the morning/early afternoon EST.

So far they’ve seemed pretty random 😔 they have all dropped without warning and at totally random times.

Sadly they seem quite random from what I’ve seen. The most pattern I can point out is that Walmart and Best Buy seem to open them mostly on weekdays in the morning/early afternoon EST.

Ahh that's what I was afraid of... 🙃 Well, I'm going to try to follow this thread a lot more closely from now on, and hopefully I'll be able to get an order in before Nov 5th rolls around

Now the amazon site has changed from out of stock to currently unavailable dont know when or if this item will be back in stock. great

just checked in my local GAME (in the UK) and they said they don't usually get amiibo cards, at least not on release. so, not sure where else to look in-store when release day comes since they seemed like the obvious choice. i guess smyths, since they're a toy store? but i don't see why they would if the main gaming store chain (in my experience) isn't rip. might just be that you'll have to wait a couple days/weeks longer to find them in-store here, or it's just my one that doesn't get them. who knows. it's strange since we don't seem to be getting many pre-order options either atm.

just checked in my local GAME (in the UK) and they said they don't usually get amiibo cards, at least not on release. so, not sure where else to look in-store when release day comes since they seemed like the obvious choice. i guess smyths, since they're a toy store? but i don't see why they would if the main gaming store chain (in my experience) isn't rip. might just be that you'll have to wait a couple days/weeks longer to find them in-store here, or it's just my one that doesn't get them. who knows. it's strange since we don't seem to be getting many pre-order options either atm.
Going back a really long time, but I got some series 1 amiibo cards from Game on release day (2015 maybe??), so I have some small hope-- I work right next to a Game on Fridays so hopefully I'll be able to get some!

Going back a really long time, but I got some series 1 amiibo cards from Game on release day (2015 maybe??), so I have some small hope-- I work right next to a Game on Fridays so hopefully I'll be able to get some!

he might've just been referring to the recent re-releases, since i don't recall seeing those in there. i might still go up there on release day and check anyway, but i'll keep my expectations low. it's the only game within hours of me according to google, and i'm right by london so i'd be vaguely surprised if we don't get any. we'll see. worst comes to worst, i'll have to wait slightly longer for them to hit shelves.

Restocks have been randomized and on limits [atleast here in NA] due to a huge issue with scalpers. Main 3 to keep an eye on is Amazon, best buy, and Walmart.

@amiiboAlerts on Twitter has neen really on top of alerts of restock and including purchase link the moment it happens, and highly recommend. They're the only reason I was able to snag some last night.

I did share a link to a shop worth keeping an eye on.
https://www.thegamecollection.net/animal-crossing-cards-3pcs-volume-5-amiibo?sqr=animal crossing&
I've met a few people online that were able to score pre orders yesterday with no limits. One bought 5 another bought 10

Nintendo might be late releasing s5 online like they were with Sanrio, but its still worth looking at other possible shops: smyths/argos/ect

tweet_ACS5.JPG

This is for 11/5

Because people set up bots to snipe the place. If you get enough people doing it, they're the scumbags securing them all.

Unfortunately a profession for these people. I tried to chase down the bots\software they are using and it's a very tight-knit thing. Basically the developers that wrote the bot code lease it under a software license that only allows it to operate for a given period of time. It doesn't appear to be easy to get a license unless you pony up a lot of cash up front. I guess with the scalper mindset it's "the cost of doing business" because if they scalp something hot enough and quick enough and can sell them to people willing to pay their prices and that upfront cost becomes negligible.

I looked at ways to at least do my own notification for these series 5 cards so I could buy even a single pack and ended up getting Walmart to think I was a bot and needing to do extra captcha things to prove I was a human, BestBuy thinking my account was compromised and requiring multifactor proofing over email + password change to get back into my account... and already knew about GameStop's shenanigans with an IP ban from too much refreshing so I didn't even bother. These bots are very sophisticated and are able to elude the protections I triggered on my personal accounts with the incessant check methods I attempted.

I hope they come out in the UK soonish, I'm working a lot next week so I'll likely end up missing them.
UK 🇬🇧 is up @Tri-Cell @daringred_ @Mutti @JellyBeans @Shadow Star

Edit: It is almost 1 a.m here in EST so 6 a.m in GMT, I hope you guys in UK are up to see this cuz they're still available at the time I'm writing this!

Last edited:
My boyfriend in AUS just managed to grab 5 packs each for 1-4 now to see if he can manage when series 5 comes haha so excited still, these would be my very first cards :blush:💗

Back