• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Support Thread

the answer to this whole bit is the answer to the bolded part - which is largely "yes"

the "male gaze" isn't just about finding women attractive, romantically or sexually. it's specifically about the objectification of women and how a lot of straight men see women as objects who exist solely to fulfil their sexual desires. women don't have the male gaze because it is a product of a patriarchal society's influence on how men see women.

so don't worry!
Thanks! A while ago I wrote a poem about liking women from a female perspective, and I thought it turned out pretty good as I’d put a lot of emotion into it. Then I vaguely heard about the whole “male gaze” thing and got a little worried, even though I made it obvious in the poem it was from a female perspective. But I’m relieved it’s really just about men.

Back