• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Share Your Island Map

View attachment 318970

Thought it'd be nice for my first official post to the forum (after lurking since New Horizons came out) to be an island map share -- this is my current map! I reset my save file recently and got an island with Resident Services lined up correctly to the airport and I absolutely love it. About to go grab my ninth plot and go villager hunting for the night.

My original map:

View attachment 318971
I reset my island few days ago and I now have almost the same map, this is very interesting to see what you've done with yours! How is it that you only have 8 villagers though?

2020090914441100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I reset my island few days ago and I now have almost the same map, this is very interesting to see what you've done with yours! How is it that you only have 8 villagers though?

View attachment 319080

Ooh nice! I didn't realize how much the airport / resident services locations could vary by, that's super interesting.

You can get 3 stars with only 8 villagers! So I just never put down the last 2 plots because I wanted to minimize the number of villager houses I'd have to move around after unlocking terraforming. (And plus I wanted to save the villager hunting as a 'reward' for terraforming / decorating the island!)

I actually did just get Kiki last night and will be going villager hunting again today for my 10th villager. Moving Kiki in did get my island to 5 stars without any other changes, so I'm not sure if maybe you need at least 9 villagers to get that?

Ooh nice! I didn't realize how much the airport / resident services locations could vary by, that's super interesting.

You can get 3 stars with only 8 villagers! So I just never put down the last 2 plots because I wanted to minimize the number of villager houses I'd have to move around after unlocking terraforming. (And plus I wanted to save the villager hunting as a 'reward' for terraforming / decorating the island!)

I actually did just get Kiki last night and will be going villager hunting again today for my 10th villager. Moving Kiki in did get my island to 5 stars without any other changes, so I'm not sure if maybe you need at least 9 villagers to get that?
I did not know we could have 3 stars with only 8 villagers (and I did not remember we only need 3 stars to unlock terraforming!) To me we were supposed to have 10 villagers to get 5 stars but I am certainly wrong. I like having a lot of villagers so I did not really think about all of this haha

This is my island ❣

EjlhukhVoAElZ0d.jpeg

It is still have some small plans and 5 dreamies to go, but i love it so much! Its home :)

I haven't changed a lot of the original shapes of rivers and cliffs, since i wanted to keep it natural as possible and be creative with what i got :)
I love terraforming tho, and it may not seem like it but there has definitely been some of that :p
20201006_084029.jpg

Attachments

• EjlhukhVoAElZ0d.jpeg
    EjlhukhVoAElZ0d.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
A before & after!

View attachment 318971

View attachment 320428

Not a whole lot other than two more villagers being added and the respective areas being fleshed out has changed since my last post, but I feel like it's a cool difference from the original map, at least.
WHA- THE TALENT, I NEED TO COME TO YOUR ISLAND N O W
i just saw the dream address on the picture, i'm excited to visit lol)
Post automatically merged:

here is my default map and my current map! i clearly haven’t terraformed really at all because I really loved my default map, and I won’t be terraforming because i suck at terraforming. my island is still in progress so sorry if it looks kinda bad haha
60225C44-03AA-4A7A-B36D-FF5E06042392.jpeg
E8041724-B514-44DA-BA8A-C91216161299.jpeg

Last edited:
The first was my starting map. The second is my map now. sorry it is side ways.

Attachments

• begining.jpg
    begining.jpg
    947.1 KB · Views: 112
  • now.jpg
    now.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 72
Here is an old screenshot of my island map (two weeks ago), so it is currently "out of date", but the terraforming on it is correct. I haven't shown my map for a really long time and I wanted to join in on showing off how drastically your map can change over time.

2020092909155100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I gave up on keeping the area in B1 open, so I closed it off to make my own private/secret beach while I completely opened up the side where my secret beach is. I have a few different water features on the island, but I only have one pond! I can't figure out where I have the space to put another. I am working on either fitting another pond or just having my one conservatory pond up in my museum.

The only thing I have left to fiddle with terraforming wise is the island in the middle of the lake. I have to expand the lake and make the island bigger because I want a bridge to go across that point and make a cute little island area. But, that is very low down on my list of priorities at the moment. I might fiddle with it before Halloween and put a little witch cove on the island.

Oakheart March 20, 2020.jpg
Oakheart Vanilla.png

And now for a couple of reference pics. On the left is a picture of my map on the very first day! On the right is a picture of my map plan that I had transformed my island into. I don't feel like wading through all of my screenshots to try to find a picture of my actual map from that time. It was during that time period where I had an issue with wanting cliffs behind my resident services but feeling like the cliffs looked entirely out of place. It was that problem that started my entire map transformation!

Here goes mine:

map.png

I was pretty OK with my original layout. I've just done some terraforming to add some "flower" look to the birth of the river, the lake, a small waterfall and a pond near my characte's house. Also, I like it green with many trees.

I have a map update! This one was taken three days ago and it the most current one I have so far. I decided to move Sherb back by my house instead of being on the beach. I needed to give him a garden and I realized that flowers don't grow naturally on the beach, so it would be strange to have them there (for me). I have one more house to move (Bianca gets to finally move off of the beach) and then the rest of the buildings are pretty much in place except for a couple of minor adjustments. When I finish moving all of the buildings, I'm going to reward myself by adding the final villager plot for Velma!

2020101022114000-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I almost have all of my bridges done on my first level of my island. It is going to be strange when I finally get to the point where I won't need to carry around my pole vault and soon I will be able to store my ladder in a place where I only get on top of every so often to decorate or if a fossil spawns on it.

Inverness Oct012020.jpg

Just started a new save file on my boyfriend's switch! I wanted something where the airport entrance lined up with the Resident Services plaza, but otherwise was as different as possible from my current island, and I think this fits the bill, with different river mouths, a far right secret beach, and a lower peninsula.

the in-complete map of my up-coming island :3
HappyIslandDesigner_1603035886380  .png

i'll post the actual map when i get to playing it after christmas :3

Last edited:
A before & after!

View attachment 318971

View attachment 320428

Not a whole lot other than two more villagers being added and the respective areas being fleshed out has changed since my last post, but I feel like it's a cool difference from the original map, at least.
A before & after!

View attachment 318971

View attachment 320428

your island is very beautiful. just saw it in my dream. ;-)

Back