• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Smash Bros Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

I wish they would add Klonoa and Goemon from the Mystical Ninja series. Any word on Dixie Kong making the roster?

11/1 10am EST.... 40 minute smash direct. It said final smash direct before release too

HYPE HYPE HYPE

11/1 10am EST.... 40 minute smash direct. It said final smash direct before release too

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Oh boy, 40 minutes? Okay, this is going to be interesting. I pray to Arceus that Incineroar will be
announced as a playable character (but I'm not sure how high the chances are that he could be
in the game). Otherwise I guess they will talk about that one mode which is still a secret. After
all, I'm glad that the Direct comes to a time where I can watch it.

I'm thinking, yes last direct.... but draw out character reveals over the next month maybe? If I'm to believe the grinch leak, 7 characters in one day seems crazy. As well as I think it's gonna be more about the modes and features we haven't seen

Just gimme Arle and then all my fave series have been represented

9cbd63df-173e-4bd8-a18d-abef828edcba.gif

A throphy would also be fine just acknowledge that Puyo exists pls

Last edited:
I won't be able to catch the direct but I'm sure I'll find out all about it just by existing online afterwards so that's not too big of a deal. I'm very curious to see if the leaks are true and the characters suggested really made it in. Especially curious about Shadow and Chorus Kids; they're the ones out of the bunch I'd actually want but the more characters the better imo.

Question: Is actually someone here who would like to have Sans from Undertale as a playable character
in Smash? I see so many people on Twitter who want him in the game. I mean, I don't care for Undertale
at all and I kinda don't understand the hype for that guy, so if you ask me, I really don't need him in it.
But that's just my opinion about this.

Also, you know who would be the perfect Echo Fighter for Isabelle? Digby, who is even her twin brother.
But I doubt that he would be in it.

Question: Is actually someone here who would like to have Sans from Undertale as a playable character
in Smash? I see so many people on Twitter who want him in the game. I mean, I don't care for Undertale
at all and I kinda don't understand the hype for that guy, so if you ask me, I really don't need him in it.

Also, you know who would be the perfect Echo Fighter for Isabelle? Digby, who is even her twin brother.

I think sans would actually be pretty cool and different! I've never played undertale due to like time and effort, but it's on my list. I know enough about it and the series to think it would be hype if he got in. However I don't know how you would translate the 2-d pixel artwork of sans into a 3-d fighter like smash.

That is a really good idea about digby, but yeah I don't think he has the notoriety to warrant being actually in the game

If Sans was in the game the Smash Bros cheese pick roster would implode on itself. I do not want Sans. Or, if you will, I prefer my Smash Bros sans Sans.

lol all the youtubers were saying the Grinch leak was "99% confirmed." I so look forward to watching them try to backtrack on this.

I understand there was a lot of evidence, but literally nothing else made sense in terms of what nintendo actually does. The direct was everything I expect from nintendo and INCINEROAR LOOKS DOPE

Pokeclasher
I thought their whole presentation was charming as heck, can't afford a preorder right now sadly.
I wonder how much of a disadvantage they'll be at being more stationary.

I bet before they get ready to announce new smash stuff, they’ll say first that the Grinch Leak is fake. And say there are loads more fighters you’d be interested in.

Wait, the direct came before I posted this? Oh well.

Last edited:
Piranha Plant was the Smash fighter I never knew I needed. I was screaming; he looks so fun!
I'm so excited to see who else they develop for DLC. c:

- • - - ♦ - - • -​
That story mode prologue was intense! ...but lol, Snake.

Last edited:
INCINERAOR IS IN SMASH! MY FAVORITE! YAAAAYYY!!!

...Okay, seriously, I'm so happy that he's in. And the Grinch leak seems to be a fake now? Whoever made
this leak: Good job, lots of people really thought it would be 100% real.

Also, Piranha Plant? And people say Waluigi would be a weird choice...

Last edited:
Sad there is no Banjo, but I actually like Piranha Plant haha

Excited to play this game, learning the new fighters and getting into it.

I've been aware of Ken and Incineroar being likely candidates for a while now, so no real shock there.

Ken is fine since it's just a Ryu variant.

I'm okay with Incineroar being included, but to be honest I would have preferred Decidueye so much more. Grass is still the only of the starter trio types that doesn't have a fully evolved representative on the roster and I've never really been one to use Ivysaur. Plus, birds are my favorite type of animal and I feel like Decidueye's moveset would be more interesting to work with. At least the reveal trailer was fun and Incineroar can perform a German Suplex.

I'm well aware that it has always been a longshot since her series has always been niche, but I'm honestly kind of disappointed that Shantae is only included as a Spirit. Her series has been on Nintendo consoles since the Game Boy Color and she has so much potential for an interesting and fun moveset. To be honest I'd rather she not be included at all than just be relegated to what is effectively a Sticker from Brawl.

The previous bit about Shantae is only made worse with the inclusion of Piranha Plant. Don't get me wrong, Piranha Plant seems like they'll be fun to play and I'm looking forward to trying them out, but it's difficult not to feel a little annoyed when there were so many other characters that people want.

Back