Purple Flower Glow Wand
Mermaid Scale Halloweaster Egg
Mermaid Scale Halloweaster Egg
Enchanted Bloom
Purple Bat Potion
Purple Bat Potion
Wix-Well-Symbol.png

Spooky Scary Scavenging

Hello all, and welcome to the spookiest and most scary scavenging event to ever be hosted here on The Bell Tree! Some of you may be familiar with our Scavenger Hunt event from past events, but this iteration is special in that you'll be searching exclusively for eerie, cursed, or otherwise horrifically haunted items. What better way to celebrate the scariest season of the year than by digging through your old, cobweb-ridden crawlspace in search of your grandma's old voodoo dolls?

Everything you need to know about this event is detailed below, so break out your EMF meter and let's get to hunting! 👻

How To Play

Each round, I'll be posting a set of 3 items around 7pm EST. You'll then be faced with the arduous yet fun task of locating said objects and taking a photo of each one, and every photo that meets the criteria outlined in the spoiler will earn you 1 Carnival Coin, for a max of 3 Carnival Coins per round. Once you have the object in your sight, take a photo of it with a namecard clearly displayed somewhere in the photo and wait for your submission to be accepted, at which point your earned currency will show up instantly. You'll have 2 days to find and post your photos of each set of items, after which submissions will close until the next round goes live.

Submissions

Once you have your set of photos, simply post them here in the thread and specify the round number. All photos must grouped together in one post, so please don't post multiple times for the same round. Make sure you're satisfied with your photos prior to submitting as you may not change or edit your post once it's been submitted.

The Hunts

Item 1:“Creepy” humanoid doll (must be a humanoid shape and be a proper doll; no plushies, teddy bears, action figures, porcelain figurines, etc.)
Item 2: Rust (any rust on metal)
Item 3: Bat or bat imagery (can be a real bat, bat plush, Batman poster, bat decal on a t-shirt, etc.)
To be announced!
To be announced!
To be announced!

Rules

• You MUST create a physical namecard of some kind with your TBT username written on it and this card must be present and clearly visible in each photo. Any photo submitted without a namecard will not be counted and will not earn Carnival Coins. Digitally adding your name to the photos does not count; it must be an actual piece of cardstock or paper with your username on it.
  • Photos submitted as a joke or those that are extremely low effort will not be accepted. For example, if the current hunt calls for you to photograph a car, no taking a photo from your bedroom window of a car parked a mile down the road that's barely visible and -100p resolution.
  • The photos you take must be of actual physical items. No photos of webpages or other digital images will be allowed.
  • All of your photos must be submitted together in one post. If you submit multiple posts for the same hunt, only the first will be counted.
  • Do not edit your post or photos after submitting.

Happy Hunting!

bd60d-tumblr_nbtdxg9d6n1szf0nzo1_250.gif

Greetings, ghost hunters! Our first round of scavenging calls for you to find the following items:

Item 1: “Creepy” humanoid doll (must be a both a humanoid shape and a proper doll; no plushies, teddy bears, action figures, porcelain figurines, etc.)

Item 3: Bat or bat imagery (can be a real bat, bat plush, Batman poster, bat decal on a t-shirt, etc.)

The rust one is going to be hard for me as I throw rusted stuff out as it isn't the most healthy thing to have around...

Hunt #1

Item 1: A Barbie Doll, covered in dust... Neglected... Trapped in her box... Plotting her escape... And her revenge...
5r6S6UQ.png

Item 2: It's rust... I don't have a fun story for this one, sorry
vPKKtPC.png

Item 3: I thought this one would be tougher, but I found some bat imagery on this old Halloween bookmark I got from the library!
9wn1oot.png

Round: 1
I hope imgur links are okay, my phone's pictures are too large for TBT.

Item 1: “Creepy” humanoid doll (must be a both a humanoid shape and a proper doll; no plushies, teddy bears, action figures, porcelain figurines, etc.)
WGsw4ga.jpeg

As long as this doll doesn't suddenly change to look like me, I think I'll be okay.

5bLoZnu.jpeg

Seems like the perfect excuse to bring out the Rusty Reaper!
40kyaJk.jpeg

77AXrAp.jpeg

A small & squishy bat friend!

Hunt #1 let's gooo

Item 1: My childhood doll of Mulan a 'Creepy' reminder of the unstoppable past of time...

doll.jpg

Item 2:
Hope this is 'Rust' enough xDD

rusty.jpg

Item 3:
This is as 'Bat' as it gets!

notbatman.jpg

beasattack.jpg

beasattack2.jpg

Item 1, my traditional bulgarian mini doll(hope this counts)
20241019_135553.jpg

Item 2, my traditional Japanese rusty bells!
20241019_135604.jpg

Item 3, a new 'board' game my bf and I got, which got all these forest animals to play with, including multiple bats!(The game is forest shuffle, 10/10 recommended!)
20241019_135620.jpg

Are you allowed to take photos at a retail for the scavenger hunt?
You can absolutely take your photos at a store, or anywhere else you're able to locate the items. Creative photo locations don't award extra Coins but I do love looking through them!

Item 1: “Creepy” humanoid doll, photographed in a store, surely creepy doll!
t0NB6pZ.jpeg

Item 2: Rust on metal, I found this thing here...
VzFANnm.jpeg

Item 3: Bat or bat imagery, some plastic bats I found in a store
rr2O8mB.jpeg

kq4YY9A.gif
hunt #1
kq4YY9A.gif

kq4YY9A.gif
item 1: “creepy” humanoid doll
9BJWcj6.jpeg

maybe creepy in a cute way? idk she's got fangs though!

kq4YY9A.gif
item 2: rust (any rust on metal)
sPqyvCA.jpeg

rust that's forming on the bottom of a metal vent cover (which i should probably replace....)

kq4YY9A.gif
item 3: bat or bat imagery
4dKW3yb.jpeg

halloween loot bags that i haven't started filling up yet! i bought this design because of the black cat and bats on it c:

IMG_0409.jpeg
Now before u judge… 😂 I did doll in the hall (the creepy hw version of elf on the shelf) on my kids a few years ago and they keep this little one up all the time cuz they think it’s funny (boysssss). Def a conversation piece 😆

IMG_0410.jpeg

My on purpose completely rusted birdcage decoration
IMG_0411.jpeg

IMG_0412.jpeg

And my beenie boo bats!!!! I get a hw Bernie boo every year!

Hunt #1

Item 1:
“Creepy” humanoid doll (must be a both a humanoid shape and a proper doll; no plushies, teddy bears, action figures, porcelain figurines, etc.)
IMG_7939.jpg

One of my old Monster High dolls!! I have no idea where my MH doll clothes went, so she's borrowing a Bratz doll's outfit to make her a little more presentable and to spare you all the anatomically-incorrect "but how will they know the skeleton is a lady" ribcage

IMG_7940.jpg

Our outdoor broom has a metal handle and it has, um, seen better days. Perfect for this scavenger hunt though!

IMG_7938.jpg

Galaxy bat sticker on my laptop lid!! 🌌🦇

Omg just getting around to all the events and kicking myself. I just cleaned all of the rust off of a really rusty fence tool. Just 2 days ago! 😂

Round 1

Creepy humanoid doll - All dolls are creepy. This one is missing a leg, but I don't think that slows her down at all when chasing her victims playmates.

20241019_143546.jpg

Rust - rusty tools to help finish off and bury victims of the doll with 'yard trimmings'.

20241019_143452.jpg

Bat image - Part of a quilt I will never finish am going to finish one day!

20241019_143625.jpg

Item 1: My "creepy" doll is Venus McFlytrap. I think she's the G1 version...? I don't think she's creepy personally, but she is a monster :) I don't collect dolls, but I have a few. This one I've wanted forever but could never find her. My best friend eventually found her for me and sent her as a surprise :") I wanted her because I have flytraps myself. Unfortunately, they're dormant so I included succulents in the picture instead, haha.

vbNdAiI.jpeg

Item 2: I found some rust on a flag holder. I was about to replace them too since I'm in the middle of re-painting my porch. I'm glad I didn't get around to it yet! Peep the pitcher pant vibing in the background.

w9AsO3V.jpeg

Item 3: I found bat hairclips! One is flipped upside down on purpose to show the clip. They're my favorite to wear to work.

mz72m5R.jpeg

For some reason, I wasn't able to upload the images using the "insert image" feature. "Something went wrong" on both mobile and PC. I had to use imgur. I assume it was fine as we don't have to click an entry box. If that was not allowed, please allow me to fix it.

Back