• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia II: Mafia Strike Back [Game Over/Mafia Win]

Oh and of course, as the Mayor role, listening to the suspicions of the town is important too. Otherwise, there's not really much point in the role really, if you're going to completely ignore what everyone else says.

This doesn't apply until Day 2 but usually analyzing the votes is a smart thing to do. You can learn a lot about who is Mafia from looking at the patterns of how players voted in the previous days, mixed with information we know for a fact. Such as the alignment or roles of dead players. If you look back at the previous Mafia game, I used this strategy to the town's advantage a couple times.

Another good strategy I've found to help is trying to network the 'relationships' of the players. By this I mean, who is defending who and who is attacking who. Obviously fellow scum have a tendency to defend each other. (see River's downfall last game) If you try to network these things together, you can sometimes find the team of Mafia, or at least a couple members who are Mafia.
So, you look and see who teams up to determine members of the Mafia? You also check the votes and see patterns to find Mafia members? Good thinking. I'd notice that the same people always voted together and lynching a member of the Town, they're likely Mafia. Thanks, Jubs.

- - - Post Merge - - -

To Kayla - what do you mean by "people voting silently"?

I believe she's referring to when people go and place a (usually bandwagon) vote down in the Voting thread, but don't post anything in here to support their reasoning or vote. LIKE HORUS RIGHT NOW

I believe she's referring to when people go and place a (usually bandwagon) vote down in the Voting thread, but don't post anything in here to support their reasoning or vote. LIKE HORUS RIGHT NOW

So, like if someone voted SP but didn't post any reason why? I see. Thank you.

Quick variations of questions:

How will you handle criticism?
What will you do when you make a mistake?
What things will you do to prove your points?

There were quite a few more so people, feel free to add more.

How will you handle criticism?
The same as I would if I was a non-Mayor town member. Defend myself and be calm. I don't revenge vote right away either if I get voted like many other players like to do. You can see proof in the previous game that I don't do that.

What will you do when you make a mistake?
Again, the same thing the town should do anyways after a bad lynch call. Reflect on why we all voted for that person, and then analyze the votes and whatnot to see which players heavily supported it. It might lead us to mafia.

What things will you do to prove your points?
... use my words?

There are people who are voting in the voting thread, without giving a reason. So they are silently slipping in their votes while we all discuss it here & tear each other apart. It could be because they're busy, I get that.

Not to mention that Mafia enjoy watching Town members point fingers at each other, because it distracts the Town from finding the real Mafia players. So that's why it's important to pull out information from the lurkers & silent voters. They won't intervene when Town is going against Town. Gotta get them to come out and play.

Alright. Let us examine the two most voted for mayor; Justin and iLoveYou

Justin (Jubs)

Pros
Cons
Admin (Already has that authority)​
No cons!​
Loves Disney​
17 Years Old (Just full of innocence)
Lives in Canada (Happy and friendly folks unless it's about hockey)
Joined the Bell Tree in '05​

iLoveYou (Kayla)

Pros​
Cons​
No pros!
Only been here for like a year or something
Part of the Scumbag Core (Bad, bad group. Like gangsters actually)
Is 21 years old so obviously an alcoholic
Lives in Canada (Awful place, all of them are out to get you)
Been banned by a creditable mod
Supports hand turkeys
Scum​

I think the choice is pretty easy to make.​

Other than that. Maybe present proof to support your claims?

See this post:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Strike-Back&p=1987693&viewfull=1#post1987693

Also, I suppose it depends on who the detectives are, but as a general statement, regardless of who becomes Mayor whether it be myself or someone else... If the elected Mayor is considered trusted, perhaps the Detectives should privately inform the Mayor of their inspection results. Like use the Mayor as a sort of middleman, so that the inspections can be called out, but without giving away who the Detectives are. If that makes sense.

There are people who are voting in the voting thread, without giving a reason. So they are silently slipping in their votes while we all discuss it here & tear each other apart. It could be because they're busy, I get that.

Not to mention that Mafia enjoy watching Town members point fingers at each other, because it distracts the Town from finding the real Mafia players. So that's why it's important to pull out information from the lurkers & silent voters. They won't intervene when Town is going against Town. Gotta get them to come out and play.
If the lurkers and silent voters don't play, is it possible they'll be modkilled for not posting here? If it was that, we wouldn't have people who sit and stare at us.

- - - Post Merge - - -

See this post:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Strike-Back&p=1987693&viewfull=1#post1987693

Also, I suppose it depends on who the detectives are, but as a general statement, regardless of who becomes Mayor whether it be myself or someone else... If the elected Mayor is considered trusted, perhaps the Detectives should privately inform the Mayor of their inspection results. Like use the Mayor as a sort of middleman, so that the inspections can be called out, but without giving away who the Detectives are. If that makes sense.
So, basically telling the Mafia members without letting it slip who the Detectives are? That's a good strategy.

If the lurkers and silent voters don't play, is it possible they'll be modkilled for not posting here? If it was that, we wouldn't have people who sit and stare at us.

Hmm I can't actually say Kippla but all I know is that around 20 people have yet to vote. Imagine all of them being modkilled. D:

22 people have yet to vote.

Alright. Let us examine the two most voted for mayor; Justin and iLoveYou

Justin (Jubs)

Pros
Cons
Admin (Already has that authority)​
No cons!​
Loves Disney​
17 Years Old (Just full of innocence)
Lives in Canada (Happy and friendly folks unless it's about hockey)
Joined the Bell Tree in '05​

iLoveYou (Kayla)

Pros​
Cons​
No pros!
Only been here for like a year or something
Part of the Scumbag Core (Bad, bad group. Like gangsters actually)
Is 21 years old so obviously an alcoholic
Lives in Canada (Awful place, all of them are out to get you)
Been banned by a creditable mod
Supports hand turkeys
Scum​

I think the choice is pretty easy to make.​

Neither.

VOTE HORUS FOR MAYOR

Pros
- Good quality detection
- Good at making lists
- 18 so such a cutie
- Enjoys a good lick
- Hates Lauren (me)

Cons
NOTHING HE'S PERFECT.

Neither.

VOTE HORUS FOR MAYOR

Pros
- Good quality detection
- Good at making lists
- 18 so such a cutie
- Enjoys a good lick
- Hates Lauren (me)

Cons
NOTHING HE'S PERFECT.

I might have to withdraw from the race. I don't stand a chance here!

If the lurkers and silent voters don't play, is it possible they'll be modkilled for not posting here? If it was that, we wouldn't have people who sit and stare at us.=QUOTE]

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's hard to trust anyone In this game...
I guess that's the point xD

Hmm I can't actually say Kippla but all I know is that around 20 people have yet to vote. Imagine all of them being modkilled. D:

Well, they did sign up and were aware of the game starting today. If they knew they'd be busy, they should've told Karla. No point in having them considering they're just trying to stay away from being lynched.

3 people (Prof G excused) have yet to post: River, Mary, and Prof G. This may be coincidence, but all of them were former mafia. Not stating anything, just something strange.

Well, they did sign up and were aware of the game starting today. If they knew they'd be busy, they should've told Karla. No point in having them considering they're just trying to stay away from being lynched.

The majority chose to vote near the end so no hasty votes were made.

Most of the majority chose to anyway.

Maybe they are Town people now, but considering they were Mafia last game, perhaps they thought no one would believe it if they said they were in the Town. Just my thoughts.

Back