• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also we had 9/17 people, more than half the playerbase voting in the last 4 hours.

Whoever town is, pls get a grip so other people can more vibrantly read you. I don’t particularly have a firm view either but at least some form of direction is helpful.

Some voting notes
-Oath/Trundle/Shea in that order caused Geoni’s wagon to expand, honestly I believe they’re town. Maybe not shae idk

-Panda has been scumreading Harbour since D1 but voted Harbour AFTER Geoni reached like 5 votes. Why such a late vote?

-Evan is weird/off/funky. I’ve naively townread them since the start but hm

Dino's random catch-up thoughts
OK but weird thing that has me fixated on Harbour is when she said:

“This thread is so interesting“
This is nitpicking. I usually sit with several threads open, usually hiding in the Trading Post, so I can see myself saying the same t
i thought he said his partner is someone inactive? And I feel like any other partner wouldn’t really go along with what happened on n1.
He also said that was a lie later, so.
dinotown - good content, last comment kinda made me a little iffy tho 'Because the current two major suspects are tae and Geoni and it's my personal opinion that of the two, Geoni should be dealt with first. However, I know people think the other way so' --- super weird way of phrasing things esp as u had geoni on null earlier, shouldn't u be pushing for someone u actually scumread to be 'dealt' with, idk if it's inherently scummy if they were just choosing between 2 lynch candidates but interesting
You know, maybe it has something to do with the fact that people can change their minds on if they null or scumread someone without the need to post and entirely updated reads list to reflect that change. I thought it was fairly obvious from my posts during the day that I'd start to scumread Geoni and tae a lil bit too. I've not gotten that far into the thread while I'm typing this so I don't yet know if I was right or wrong about that. (I've looked at the voting thread so I do know Geoni got lynched)
DinoTown - I like his thoughts. I think that they come from a towny pov. Weak read.
Pretty sure this was just a copy-and-paste job from a previous reads list so I'll let the he slide this time... but I'm watching you 👁 👁
IM NOT ANTONIO's "PARTNER" im not in any mason group... I don't believe his claim.
As much as I would like to believe this, Antonio did point out that their partner told him that they would deny being the partner if mentioned, successfully making the words 'I'm not the partner' near enough worthless. Again, I'm typing as I go so if there's a sudden claim from someone else in three pages or whatever then I apologise. I also am doubtful of the claim myself TBH but I'll roll with it until it proves a major problem.
DinoTown just feels there. I'd need the time to reread again but they seem like they're trying? I'm still kind of null on her.
just the strange presence of a dinosaur lurking in the thread except I'm trying not to be lurky lol

okie dokie I made it to EoD and well, um... oof. Sorry Geoni. I think I might have switched to vote sheabae had I been awake but I'm not sure if that would even have made a real difference to the outcome. Not a good look for Trundle or Shawo. Will see what the first N2 posts bring.

They didn't bring much, since it was only two pages and two extra posts. I think I'm willing to put some more pressure on Shawo and sheabae... if you can even put pressure on someone who doesn't post, and Heyden. I'm maybe starting to townlean Trundle a lil after everything, I can look past the original D1 mess, so not so much him.

Can someone shoot Harbour
sure! :lemon:
On the other hand I can see why people scumread him for his ATE
in all seriousness though, geoni did not use any ate? even i missed it and he did, ate is not a reason to lynch him, tae was essentially sussed for the same so i don't see why geoni had to be the one lynched. not that i'm saying that i advocated for a tae lynch either, though.

can somebody also clarify why antonio had to claim on night one? he said he would explain it day two but it's either that i forgot about it or he didn't. i found the claim quite... useless and unnecessary.
Post automatically merged:

even if i missed it*

Ok so I have a lot of stuff going on today and tomorrow. I won't be around much and it really sucks because I wanted to do a deeper dive on some issues - Ness are you planning on extending the night or day phase (idr when night ends) due to Easter?

Something I found interesting from a very quick scan, however, was that there were two people who have been on both the Jacob and Geoni trains - f11 and Trundle.

This isn't a FOS on them or anything but I def think it's worthy of note, as they've now been responsible for being on two lynch trains that have led to townie deaths

Same locket same
can I just note how Locket and Sheabae were super buddy buddy on page 96?? These reads are pretty damn bad

why because I agreed with her being lost in who to vote? lol
i was SO confused as to how shea started to buddy buddy me? i really don't like it and it seemed weirdly scum to me

why because I agreed with her? lol
If you think me thinking you are town is scummy then so be it
Also, I changed my vote from from geoni to Punchy so no blood on my hands or whatever

that's very interesting evan tbh

ALSO sry been busy but looks like everyone else has been too

yeah but if anything it doesn't rly help sheabae, if u were mafia it'd be smart to switch

Also, I changed my vote from from geoni to Punchy so no blood on my hands or whatever
i've read through your posts, and yes, you did compose some reads, but you literally didn't give reasons for any of them except for the shawo and trundle reads, which you made all the way in day one. you also sussed panda and mog, but this left no reason for you to vote geoni nor punchy. you did state that they were scumleans but i'd like to know the reasons as to why?

I've been busy today, apologies.

If I die tonight, I believe we should listen to Dads message and investigate Trundle. Also, look back on my earlier opinions on trundle.

why because I agreed with her? lol
If you think me thinking you are town is scummy then so be it
you town-read me (w no explanation)

now the reason why it appears scummy is: 1. you are being scum-leaned from some people and 2. i am also being scum-leaned by some people so u put 2 and 2 together and it appears even scummier

Alright so I got super distracted by the fishing tournament, but I still wanna post my thoughts before night ends-

My strong townreads are still there,
Punchy and Trundle definitely have the posts I like the best, and Trundle basically shares all of my reads. I feel like if they were mafia they wouldn't have this "cautious" idea about how similar our reads are. Not to mention all of d1.

Punchy on the other hand has some of the best posts in the game, and sure, they have some of the worst too, but I'm still fairly confident that they're town. I do disagree with their reads, but I'll come back to that.

F11 and Mogyay are also strong townreads, they both have probably the best tone in my opinion, and I interacted with them d1.

I outted a townread on Panda before, but their presence feels really muted through d1, and Panda's eod vote on Harbour wasn't great. It's not really so much that I scumread them, but I think I gave them too much credit for my perceived PR soft.

I actually believe that harbour is one of my stronger townreads here - looking at the vote patterns towards end of day, I find it really hard to believe the push on Harbour wasn't by mafia, not to mention when a lot of the people jumped to heyden, then shae, the votes ended up pretty split up.

I'm not willing to say harbour is completely town but I don't think they should have been lynched/fos'd as much as they were given the circumstances.

So, we reach a point in the game where I townread 4 people, 5 people and there are 16 alive, and out of the 11 I have 1? strong scumread.

So out of 10 people I have to parse 3 mafia. Of my strongest reads, 3 town were voting Geo, and 2 were voting Shae.

So looking at the remaining vote patterns...

Let's call it
3 town 3 ? on Geo
2 town? on Heyden + 1 mafia
2 town 1 ? on Shae
3 ? on Punchy
2 ? on harbour.

In my honest opinion, when I look at the reads list like this, I'm a lot more comfortable with how it looks. Of the people voting my strong townreads, all of them are undefined in my opinion. So I think two cases are interesting here.

One - how does a mafia vote when a lynch is forced.
Two - what would the mafia's goal be if town is getting lynched.

So here's where I think things get interesting.
I believe that there was definitely a mafia or two on the Geoni lynch, if it's two, it's most likely to be oath/dino.

I have marked Tae as a mafia already, so if we're assuming it's four mafia, then I'd say that the likely fourth mafia would be Heyden.

I know I said what I said about unclears voting punchy/harbour, but the heyden read is the one that I think makes the most sense to me.

During EOD panic, I assumed that Tae's push onto Heyden was an attempt to get town lynched with Geoni, but if you look back on it, Tae didn't VOTE anyone besides me until Geoni voted Heyden. All it takes is assuming that the Geoni lynch is garunteed to happen (first to hit 6, and it would require 2-3 voters since Heyden was originally at 4. No one who originally scumread Tae would flip.) So if you take a step back, you can see that the buss is 0 risk deflection. It really seems like Tae has been on Heyden for basically no reason all game, so assuming they're mafia together makes the most sense.

As I type this post, I realize that saying that there's mafia in the Geoni lynch feels... wrong. Let's say I take the assumption that Tae is mafia with Heyden, and roll with it. The safest option is actually if the Geoni lynch is entirely town, because it leaves mafia with the ability to switch their lynch IF something happens.

I do feel the need to talk about the elephant in the room, Shea. I don't... really feel like Shea has done anything inherently scummy this game. Like, as much as you guys keep quoting their quotes and keep saying that "this is mafia, or that is mafia" taking this game in from the perspective that Shea is a noob, I don't inherently think they've done ANYTHING wrong. Except one post -

They scumread punchy for something that they townread harbour for.

But... I don't really believe harbour is mafia.
If I'm going to be completely honest, Shea + harbour would probably be a valid mafia team, except for the fact that I don't really scumread either of them.

The more I write this analysis, the less confident I am about it, but my townreads are the strongest reads I have in this game -
I have a couple of ideas on what to do, but I would treat this post with a grain of salt. I think looking at the vote analysis from this point of view is probably the best way to look at the game, especially if one or two more people die who are in my ? pile. I think a mafia dying would be a huge swing on how to read the game, so, let's lynch a mafia for once :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back