• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
trundle isn't opposing any argument or point from that i can see, just wavering back on forth on nothing really lol so i don't see how he's being a devil's advocate. in saying that though i remember i played a game with him where i was so sure he was scum bc he kept doing weird call outs and being rly 'woe is me i'm just a bad player' but it turned out he was town. i will try and find the game bc i could be talking crap but i do have a memory of this
Post automatically merged:

does searching not work in past games? i tried to click on the names that take u to all the posts but they're all saying they can't find anything?

hmm again it seems that you're using meta to formulate your read on Trundle. if you ignore what happened in that old game, do you think Trundle's behavior reads as town or maf?

i mean it’s not a huge focus on the TP stuff, it’s just something i’d like to keep in mind. i didn’t say i want a trundle lynch. i just think it’s odd for him to float back and forth without much substance. i can’t recall what his play style was like in games i played with him bc it’s been so long since i’ve played as well, but i assumes he was always a devils advocate. we can talk TP more solidly after the first night so we can get an idea on the kill ratio, but i don’t think it’s harmful to still keep in mind that D1 actions could be driven by the fact that there may or may not be TP in play. it’s harmful to focus it, but i’m not tunneling it. it was just food for thought.

i agree with this. while I was initially pushing for tae to produce content, i like what they're posting

whoops i got distracted

but yeah this is a confusing post, isn't being a devil's advocate considering the oppositional argument?

isn't wavering back and forth a form of that?

i also feel that the TP thing is fluff, i personally find it not useful to conjecture about a third at this point. the game isn't filled with too much flavor/lore so there's not much basis for assumptions apart from
...well, player count, KP ratios? i guess

I disagree. Playing devil's advocate usually implies the advocate has confident and genuinely wants to see things in a different light. Trundle's wavering back and worth is a sign of uncertainty and caution, he doesn't seem to be wavering for the benefit of town but instead to not give concrete thoughts

I can't, for the life of me, remember which game it was but it was pretty much Tom, Myself and I battling it out D1 (Tom and Ness being scum) and we lynched Ness cause he said something about "THE town" which gave me the feeling that he detached himself from town and he flipped red.

i remember this too but don't remember the game

i don't think we should lynch trundle for saying THE town tho. it was more luck that ness was scum tbh

ik that's why i said my comment was dumb and why i'm sorry lmao, ik that meta can be important so i shouldn't have said that, i just don't think we should live and die by the meta, i more so said it so that the new players wouldn't be scared but i admit it was dumb now, sry

based on this game alone and none others i'd say he seems pretty scummy, i think his backtracking seems more self serving than for the benefit of us, i think if he was town he shouldn't necessarily have to be so apologetic since i don't think anything from what he's said has been that destructive despite what him saying it has. i also don't like the whole pm thing, super weird, the first thing u notice is the wording so i dno. in saying that tho it's like not like 'omg let's lynch him now' kinda stance lol, just a bit weird

I’ll be doing a tutorial on how to do post filters in the OP soon enough. It is possible to sift through every post made by a player in this game but it’s a bit unconventional, and I cannot post quick links to it in the OP.

I will literally *** if you find a way to do this

Editing because I said I word I expected to be censored.

loloath

hold on i need an hour or I'll fail 2 classes
Punchy, why are posts like these necessary? Nobody was asking you to post so why would it matter if it was now for an hour from now?

might look into trundle later

something about his posts ping me tbh

have 102 fever and i cant think straight
This post is dumb too. It's just non-committal. You might look into me? Something about my posts "pings" you? I doubt this is a unique thought.

Reactions: tae
All of Punchy's posts still have that "stanza" like ring to them. I feel like it most likely has something to do with a special role, but I have no idea if it'd be independent/scum/town. I can see it being a special thing in all alignments.

All of Punchy's posts still have that "stanza" like ring to them. I feel like it most likely has something to do with a special role, but I have no idea if it'd be independent/scum/town. I can see it being a special thing in all alignments.

okay but like, can you explain why typing in a poem / stanza format somehow equates to a power role?

okay but like, can you explain why typing in a poem / stanza format somehow equates to a power role?
I've seen some 3rd party roles in experimental games have roles that would be designed like this so maybe there's actually weight to this

I've seen some 3rd party roles in experimental games have roles that would be designed like this so maybe there's actually weight to this
like "you have to type in short sentences the entire game to win" type thing? i've never seen it before so forgive my ignorance.

that's actually an interesting thought actually but i think punchy just posts with absolutely little content that they seem like poem lines but they're just poorly written thoughts

post restrictive roles are for more unusual setups and i don't think this game is

like "you have to type in short sentences the entire game to win" type thing? i've never seen it before so forgive my ignorance.
Yea, I've seen it before where you need to rhyme every line in a way or you get modkilled. I just looked back on all of punchys post and they're all separated by different thoughts/clauses. That's really the only immediate pattern I saw because they don't rhyme and ive seen some sentences run up to 15 words. His RQS aren't really separated the same way so we'll just have to wait to see how he plays

Yea, I've seen it before where you need to rhyme every line in a way or you get modkilled. I just looked back on all of punchys post and they're all separated by different thoughts/clauses. That's really the only immediate pattern I saw because they don't rhyme and ive seen some sentences run up to 15 words. His RQS aren't really separated the same way so we'll just have to wait to see how he plays
It's more than likely Punchy is just playing the pseudo-"look how busy I am haha xd" attitude. It's not even AI in my opinion, it's just annoying.

honestly it probably is nothing but for me thats just 1 person i can cross of my D1 lynch pool solely because I want to know if he'll keep posting like that

It's more than likely Punchy is just playing the pseudo-"look how busy I am haha xd" attitude. It's not even AI in my opinion, it's just annoying.
i can see this being the case as well lol, its just an unusual amount of posts being like that so maybe maybe

That's a good point, scumteam had a day to talk in their quicktopic chat, unless they're pulling a facade that they ~don't know anyone~ to appear isolated town, but I guess in general it's not really alignment indicative because it could easily be either scenario tbh.

As I'm doing a second read-through, I'm gonna point out this: How would you know if scumteam had a day to talk in quicktopic?

Let's look at some really old game's of Ness's.

Smash Bros Mafia: Opened the QT at 3:46PM, game started at 9:05PM

Republican Primaries and Office SS3 and One Last Chance SS3: No Mafia chat

Game of Mafia: QT opened at 2:26PM. Game started at 9:00PM.

Murder of Woodpines Oregon (most recent): QT opened at 12:32PM. Game started at 10:00PM.

Look I know this is very weak to go off of, but Ness seems to have a habit of doing a mafia QT close to game opening. Heyden jumping to "a day to talk" is a large jump in time.

I hate metagaming I'm sorry in advance.

In Circus ****-post set-ups that can be a win-con. Doubt it'd be in a normal set-up.

I can't, for the life of me, remember which game it was but it was pretty much Tom, Myself and I battling it out D1 (Tom and Ness being scum) and we lynched Ness cause he said something about "THE town" which gave me the feeling that he detached himself from town and he flipped red.
LMAO I REMEMBER THIS

thats a good point oath, depends on if those games of Ness's previously stated that Maf chat wouldn't open right away? I'm assuming heyden just means since everyone got their roles a day before game start its not a huge stretch to assume the QT was linked in their role PM giving them a day to talk. it wouldve been more of a slip if Heyden said Maf only have a few hours to talk, considering thats when ness usually opens maf QT according to those games.

Unless Heyden's call out of 24 hours for maf to talk stuck out to you because you as maf only had a few hours in actuality 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back