• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m fairly new to all this so apologies in advance for Noobie mistakes lol but something about you talking about your PM role makes me wanna lean towards town but still so so early
Also noobie but I'm not sure that mentioning a quote that is from a town role PM is enough to give a town lean, at least from my perspective. Any mafia player who wants to win would know saying something like "my wincon is to kill everyone" would be a very bad idea. This is a game of lies and deceit, we can expect that people will be lying and deceiving.

I personally think I'm null on Trundle for now, I really am not sure either way.

I'm trying to re-learn how to play mafia since I have been playing really bad even as town lately. When I posted the post pro-more information that was my own opinion. After reading some articles I have changed my mind on it. Everything else is fair lol

Why did I reaction test mog? I don't know, I haven't played mafia in a very long time and I haven't played seriously in even longer so I'm just trying things as they come to my head.

I was typing it as you said that. I'm honestly just a very bad mafia player nowadays so if anyone has any suggestions how to play without being a huge distraction just let me know :lemon:

I guess the reason I'm concerned with how people view me is that for the last 4-5 games I've played mafia Daniel just hunts me down and scum leans me every single D1 no matter what alignment I am, so it's hard for me to not think I'm doing something wrong.

what’s quoted above seems to me that you’re not owning up to your actions. you’re using your rustiness as an excuse for your inconsistent actions

also can you refer to the games where i’ve continually scum leaned you? the last game we played together was months ago in toads game and you were actually scum. any game we played before that was probably years ago and i don’t remember tbh. also you shouldn’t care about your image as much when i’m just one player. if you think i’m going to sus you regardless, why even bother caring?

as much as i appreciate trundle coming to my defense i’m actually kinda sus about it. i have to look up old games to compare because i think trundles been a devil’s advocate kinda player in the past (maybe i’m remembering wrong) but he is awfully back and forth on stuff right now when before i think he’s much more concrete with his postings. but also the idea that there could be 3rd party would also explain his antics lately. (as someone stated above already)

what’s quoted above seems to me that you’re not owning up to your actions. you’re using your rustiness as an excuse for your inconsistent actions

also can you refer to the games where i’ve continually scum leaned you? the last game we played together was months ago in toads game and you were actually scum. any game we played before that was probably years ago and i don’t remember tbh. also you shouldn’t care about your image as much when i’m just one player. if you think i’m going to sus you regardless, why even bother caring?
I'm not using my rustiness to excuse inconsistent actions. My actions in mafia have always been inconsistent. I feel like most people here who have played with me for a long time should know that Ashton and I were always wildcards in our gameplay and have never even had a consistent style of play. The difference is that when I used to play, my inconsistent actions were often useful in one way or another. In this game, my actions have been nothing but a huge distraction for the town and I apologize for that. I don't think that I am "not owning up to my actions" in any regard though. I know I'm playing bad. The reason I care about all the people sussing me is because if I'm lynched I'm not going to get the opportunity to play the game very much, and it will be a waste of a lynch for town.

Also noobie but I'm not sure that mentioning a quote that is from a town role PM is enough to give a town lean, at least from my perspective. Any mafia player who wants to win would know saying something like "my wincon is to kill everyone" would be a very bad idea. This is a game of lies and deceit, we can expect that people will be lying and deceiving.

I personally think I'm null on Trundle for now, I really am not sure either way.

I 100% agree. Plus, he seems pretty experienced in mafia so I would be surprised if he slipped that early on. Just interesting that he would mention his PM role as eliminate all threats.. seems like there is some sorta mischief behind that L M A O

despite trundle seeming too aware of how other people are perceiving him, i actually can hear his how his thoughts connect to one another through his posts and i don't think that's easily replicated as mafia

i do take interest in tae's post about trundle, i'll quote it 1 sec

side note, mobile is much friendlier i dig it

Hiya ! happy to see we got a large game together.... I was at a family dinner last night and I'm reading through the thread right now, wanted to get these RQ's out there and ill be making further contributions as I catch up with the thread.

1. What's your experience? (How long have you played mafia/town of Salem/anything similar)
I started playing Mafia here on TBT about 6-7 years ago, tho haven't played in quite some time.
2. What's your preferred alignment? Why?
Town, its what I have most experience with.
3. Name 3 people for the scum team right now.
Harbour, Emolga, DinoTown.
4. Which player scares/concerns you the most?
Geoni (Dad) I never know how to read him and can be a huge threat to town if he's mafia.
5. How do you react to pressure?
Pretty well.... unless its from pineapple head Ness, then it just becomes a screaming match.
6. (Optional) What're your pronouns?
Her/She/ Your Majesty.
three relatively new people for the scum team? Any reason?

as much as i appreciate trundle coming to my defense i’m actually kinda sus about it. i have to look up old games to compare because i think trundles been a devil’s advocate kinda player in the past (maybe i’m remembering wrong) but he is awfully back and forth on stuff right now when before i think he’s much more concrete with his postings. but also the idea that there could be 3rd party would also explain his antics lately. (as someone stated above already)

whoops i got distracted

but yeah this is a confusing post, isn't being a devil's advocate considering the oppositional argument?

isn't wavering back and forth a form of that?

i also feel that the TP thing is fluff, i personally find it not useful to conjecture about a third at this point. the game isn't filled with too much flavor/lore so there's not much basis for assumptions apart from
...well, player count, KP ratios? i guess

three relatively new people for the scum team? Any reason?
Harbour's RQ responses felt very forced and uncertain, I know its very little to go off of but it really reads awkwardly to me.

hello.
1. i’ve played werewolf but that’s all i can say for now. the people i played with weren’t very experienced either so i can’t really say that i’m any good.
2. probably town. i feel like mafia provides you with additional stress as you have to worry about every word you say.
3. i haven’t had experience with anybody in this game so no hard feelings but rng gives me dinotown, sheabae and geoni from the playerlist.
4. not going to lie, everybody intimidates me at the moment.
5. i attempt to remain calm and collected, but i'd end up being too logical to the extent where i'd just sound like a desperate scum.
6. she/her.

I put the other two names on there just in hopes of hearing more from them.

trundle isn't opposing any argument or point from that i can see, just wavering back on forth on nothing really lol so i don't see how he's being a devil's advocate. in saying that though i remember i played a game with him where i was so sure he was scum bc he kept doing weird call outs and being rly 'woe is me i'm just a bad player' but it turned out he was town. i will try and find the game bc i could be talking crap but i do have a memory of this
Post automatically merged:

does searching not work in past games? i tried to click on the names that take u to all the posts but they're all saying they can't find anything?

trundle isn't opposing any argument or point from that i can see, just wavering back on forth on nothing really lol so i don't see how he's being a devil's advocate. in saying that though i remember i played a game with him where i was so sure he was scum bc he kept doing weird call outs and being rly 'woe is me i'm just a bad player' but it turned out he was town. i will try and find the game bc i could be talking crap but i do have a memory of this
I'm certain this happened, I just don't know what game it was. Everyone was like "oh man you're probably so different" and I was just like "I'm just a different person now, sorry lol"

"oh man you're so different"* typo

8. Oath2Order – I agree with Geoni that his D1 post style pisses me off. That being said, it’s not really AI. It could be purposefully bleak and vague to not be set up and used against him later on? Rn I don’t see him aligned with much of anyone and so he could be another TP candidate.

What is AI.

Honestly the issue is the fact that Day 1, I just don't know how to do Day 1 anymore. This is where I'd rank myself tbh.

This is impossible without post filters.

As I'm going through this, yeah, this really is ****ing hard without filters.

evans reads post is pretty strong and i largely agree with it so i’m town leaning for that

trundle, you keep saying “idk i haven’t played mafia in a while i don’t know why im doing stuff” and to me it’s a poor excuse. you’re not even really owning up to anything and just blaming it on your rustiness

anyways if you haven’t guessed i’m for a trundle lynch

I'm legit trying to not respond to things myself and leaning on the "I haven't played in years". IDK. I think the Amazonevan v. Trundle thing is just day1 overeager town v. overeager town. But.

I'm not using my rustiness to excuse inconsistent actions. My actions in mafia have always been inconsistent. I feel like most people here who have played with me for a long time should know that Ashton and I were always wildcards in our gameplay and have never even had a consistent style of play. The difference is that when I used to play, my inconsistent actions were often useful in one way or another. In this game, my actions have been nothing but a huge distraction for the town and I apologize for that. I don't think that I am "not owning up to my actions" in any regard though. I know I'm playing bad. The reason I care about all the people sussing me is because if I'm lynched I'm not going to get the opportunity to play the game very much, and it will be a waste of a lynch for town.

jesus god you and ashton. ****ing christ.

But this post comes off as what I view as an unnecessary apology and an attempt to "make amends" with us so we don't vote for you.

does searching not work in past games? i tried to click on the names that take u to all the posts but they're all saying they can't find anything?

Those were old forum links and don't work now.

all my work.

gone

whoops i got distracted

but yeah this is a confusing post, isn't being a devil's advocate considering the oppositional argument?

isn't wavering back and forth a form of that?

i also feel that the TP thing is fluff, i personally find it not useful to conjecture about a third at this point. the game isn't filled with too much flavor/lore so there's not much basis for assumptions apart from
...well, player count, KP ratios? i guess

i mean it’s not a huge focus on the TP stuff, it’s just something i’d like to keep in mind. i didn’t say i want a trundle lynch. i just think it’s odd for him to float back and forth without much substance. i can’t recall what his play style was like in games i played with him bc it’s been so long since i’ve played as well, but i assumes he was always a devils advocate. we can talk TP more solidly after the first night so we can get an idea on the kill ratio, but i don’t think it’s harmful to still keep in mind that D1 actions could be driven by the fact that there may or may not be TP in play. it’s harmful to focus it, but i’m not tunneling it. it was just food for thought.

THE town ? oh geez... don't tell me this is a Ness slip all over again.

I’ll be doing a tutorial on how to do post filters in the OP soon enough. It is possible to sift through every post made by a player in this game but it’s a bit unconventional, and I cannot post quick links to it in the OP.

What game was that because I actually vaguely remember something like that
I can't, for the life of me, remember which game it was but it was pretty much Tom, Myself and I battling it out D1 (Tom and Ness being scum) and we lynched Ness cause he said something about "THE town" which gave me the feeling that he detached himself from town and he flipped red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back