• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I'm doing a second read-through, I'm gonna point out this: How would you know if scumteam had a day to talk in quicktopic?

Let's look at some really old game's of Ness's.

Smash Bros Mafia: Opened the QT at 3:46PM, game started at 9:05PM

Republican Primaries and Office SS3 and One Last Chance SS3: No Mafia chat

Game of Mafia: QT opened at 2:26PM. Game started at 9:00PM.

Murder of Woodpines Oregon (most recent): QT opened at 12:32PM. Game started at 10:00PM.

Look I know this is very weak to go off of, but Ness seems to have a habit of doing a mafia QT close to game opening. Heyden jumping to "a day to talk" is a large jump in time.
Well I don't 'know', I assumed that because roles went out 24 hours in advance, the chat would be open as well. There has always been a time allocation for pregame discussion in the mafia chat to say hi and figure out safe claims and whatnot.
Post automatically merged:

If we're speaking solely on Ness games, I definitely remember talking tonnes with Dolby and Karen in scum chat prior to Day 1, so that's where my assumption lies.

Would it make a difference if I said 'the quicktopic opened a few hours before'? Not really. Its kind of just a basic assumption that I thought most people would have, nor would I call that out as a slip towards anyone. It just feels like obvious information? idk

Vount Count - 1:1

Not voting: Everyone

You have roughly 24 hours left to lynch someone. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is Lynched. Majority to immediately lynch is 11.

Unless Heyden's call out of 24 hours for maf to talk stuck out to you because you as maf only had a few hours in actuality 🤔
That's what I was thinking lmaoooo, I can't remember game where the quicktopic was closed by host until a few hours before the game starts??? It's immediately open as soon as you open your role PM afaik.
I'm not gonna drag this on furthermore, but if you think that was a slip from me then idk.

Anyway, my current issue is Punchy townlocking mog already, I'm trying to dig out the game where he did the exact same thing.

I've seen some 3rd party roles in experimental games have roles that would be designed like this so maybe there's actually weight to this
^

As mentioned though, it is a normal set up so it might not even carry any meaning at all.

2. Trundle – I always have a hard time reading Trundle. He did seem overly fixated on minor points early on and has been forced to backpedal/explain away a lot of what he’s been saying in light of withering criticism from Geoni. However if I had to say what the Geoni and Trundle interaction is at the moment, I would say it’s way more likely to be town v town then anything else. It’s almost certainly not maf v maf attempting distancing in the first hours of day 1, in my opinion. Either they’re both town or one is maf in my view. I did find his phraseology in reference to me interesting – “inquisitive as always” or something like that – which could be interpreted as him keeping track of the townies that could potentially give him trouble. His “reaction test” of mog was weird too, especially at this early point in the game. He picked someone who wasn’t incredibly active or prominent to reaction test. Why does he keep calling players “interesting” – it’s a noncommittal bull**** weasel word that I think makes him look like he’s giving meaningful commentary on players when he really isn’t. Sometimes his comments read like a neutral observer of the game and not even an active participant. He also flip flopped on what should be a relatively uncontroversial statement – more information/posts = better for town – within an hour, in what came off to me as a pretty stilted way. Slight scumlean.

i am very partial to the way that evan is reading this game, he has outlined relevant interactions extremely well; i find it really helpful to interpret interactions by trying to determine T v. T / M v. M / T v. M. so i am filled with bias but i feel like evan was bleeding town in his entire reads post

but it's difficult for me to accept this part because i don't think trundle fits as mafia here. he has a handful of lines that i wish i could go back to but i have no idea how to search yet lol. specifically, i think it was the very direct reference to his role PM, i don't recall that it's common for a host to copy-paste a "town" PM here. so it's kind risky to mention specific wordings of PM unless given a town PM as a safeclaim.

i am very partial to the way that evan is reading this game, he has outlined relevant interactions extremely well; i find it really helpful to interpret interactions by trying to determine T v. T / M v. M / T v. M. so i am filled with bias but i feel like evan was bleeding town in his entire reads post

but it's difficult for me to accept this part because i don't think trundle fits as mafia here. he has a handful of lines that i wish i could go back to but i have no idea how to search yet lol. specifically, i think it was the very direct reference to his role PM, i don't recall that it's common for a host to copy-paste a "town" PM here. so it's kind risky to mention specific wordings of PM unless given a town PM as a safeclaim.
In the top right of your screen there is a search button. Click it, and set to "This Thread" and enter the username you want to search for.

1586224204780.png

we've only talked about the town wincon, which is in the OP. Trundle apparently did not read his wincon and read off the summary in the OP instead

Well I don't 'know', I assumed that because roles went out 24 hours in advance, the chat would be open as well. There has always been a time allocation for pregame discussion in the mafia chat to say hi and figure out safe claims and whatnot.
Post automatically merged:

If we're speaking solely on Ness games, I definitely remember talking tonnes with Dolby and Karen in scum chat prior to Day 1, so that's where my assumption lies.

Would it make a difference if I said 'the quicktopic opened a few hours before'? Not really. Its kind of just a basic assumption that I thought most people would have, nor would I call that out as a slip towards anyone. It just feels like obvious information? idk

Nah, a day and a few hours is a big difference. I've seen dumber slips before

In the top right of your screen there is a search button. Click it, and set to "This Thread" and enter the username you want to search for.

View attachment 235492

Ok no that's absolutely new.

i'm not typing in a poem

i'm just making sure i don't fail English

and according to trundle being busy is annoying lol

i'm not typing in a poem

i'm just making sure i don't fail English

and according to trundle being busy is annoying lol

*says that in a poem form"

but i do agree with trundle. you say that you're busy and stuff but its completely unnecessary when you weren't being called to post anyways. if you're busy just be busy you don't need to announce it unless its like EoD or something

the post i quoted where i townlocked her would have NEVER come from a scum!mog.

will explain later because being busy is annoying

every time he types

in three lines of words

my brain hurts bc its mostly in sets of 3 and i cant stop seeing it not gdi locket.

we've only talked about the town wincon, which is in the OP. Trundle apparently did not read his wincon and read off the summary in the OP instead

ah yeah i needed to re-read that entire conversation, which i actually just did (by way of a painful CTRL-F search). yes i realise trundle showed me how to search i have now seen the light

i think it's noteworthy that daniel picked up on that wording, as well as jacob and (on a lesser scale), geoni. i realise now that what i said about the role pm wording was true of DANIEL(/jacob/possibly geoni), not trundle. it's actually pretty odd that trundle referenced the OP to see town's wincon instead of his own PM

the funny part is that this moves geoni/jacob/daniel to a townlean and idk how to sort trundle anymore ^_^

ah yeah i needed to re-read that entire conversation, which i actually just did (by way of a painful CTRL-F search). yes i realise trundle showed me how to search i have now seen the light

i think it's noteworthy that daniel picked up on that wording, as well as jacob and (on a lesser scale), geoni. i realise now that what i said about the role pm wording was true of DANIEL(/jacob/possibly geoni), not trundle. it's actually pretty odd that trundle referenced the OP to see town's wincon instead of his own PM

the funny part is that this moves geoni/jacob/daniel to a townlean and idk how to sort trundle anymore ^_^
Oh, I see where you are coming from now. You are thinking I may have been looking at the OP to see the town win con because I didn’t know the town win con (as in if I was mafia).

You see, I am not a smart man. I am town, but that’s all I checked my role PM for. I did not read the win condition in my role PM. Later, when I was skimming the OP, I saw in the introduction that town’s win condition was to eliminate all mafia. I figured this is likely what is exactly in my role PM, so I posted it in the thread. Sadly, I did not realize that the blurb was just an introduction to mafia in general, and was not actually information pertaining to this specific game.

I feel like most of you already know my side of this but I figured I would elaborate just to make it clear exactly what happened.

did shawo ever answer anyone's questions?
looking back through the thread i don't think i saw them reply.

also does anyone else think it was odd of geoni to pop up barely into D1 at all with a full reads list already? i get maybe reaction testing or few hunches but a whole ass reads list right out the door? idk.

the thing for me with the whole Trundle thing, is like why ? why would he even risk posting about any Wincon if he was mafia ? it just seems too risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back