• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tae

With Trundle out of the way I want to cover tae because a fair bit from the feels pingy. If Trundle isn't town then I'll have to reconsider this a little but a lot of red flags here and some (glow iirc) have already pointed them out. The first read of substance is somewhat wishy-washy on Trundle but ultimately there's a little suspicion tae has established that feels like it could be revisited as a way to sheep a Trundle lynch while also coming off as uncertain. Like... it's on and off with me too about Trundle so to an extent I understand but these posts themselves throw me off:

i literally said in my posts i'm not asking for a trundle lynch. so please explain how i'm sheeping a trundle lynch?
i love that i'm your second biggest read, but you as well end it in a wishy-washy manor when your entire point against me is "oh tae is wishy - washy" but then peg mog and trundle as your big brain scum team when you barely even talked about mog at all?

Because no posters don't look as questionable as someone who has been around through the game so far taking a very long time to establish a read before there seems to be a candidate. And so this comes off a little deflective when it wasn't necessary.

i'd rather wait than throw out some bull**** half assed read that does nothing but confuse people, ESP when most of my reads are nulls bc only a few people are really getting into things. D1 sucks and its hard to pull reads out of my ass when nothing has happened. you do a really good job at making massive walls of text though while still being wishy-washy so i don't mind being quiet while i re-read things until something "pings" me lmao.

my full expanded thoughts are coming soon (when im off my phone) but I’m thinking a PANDA/jacob/tae vote would be epic esp panda shes sus

Reactions: tae
That being said, Trundle should be a wagon here but I feel like not enough people are really going into people like Heyden, tae, Jacob, and even shaebae.

what about mog?
i thought mog was your big brain mafia team? which is it?
Post automatically merged:

my full expanded thoughts are coming soon (when im off my phone) but I’m thinking a PANDA/jacob/tae vote would be epic esp panda shes sus
can you explain why you think i'm scum? im curious.

I don't think you understand the pain of making the post I did on mobile and why you're getting on my nerves right now saying I've got filler. I've made some clear stances on Heyden, tae, and shaebae and ISO'd like 70% of the playerlist. I'm reiterating some things people like Evan and glow and you have pointed out and developing my own thoughts on them. But you just have a distrust of me in general I think so you'll just have to get better and learn how to make a town core with the people solving this game.

If you want a hard stance from me I'll vote the person I feel the most uneasy about (Heyden) and would only move onto a Trundle wagon if the other wagon is an obvious town. That's just how things are going to go down, I have to sleep and try my best to juggle the first few hours of my shift and this EoD. *shrug*

I think I'm mostly open to people in this pool:

Heyden, tae, Jacob, shaebae, and Trundle

Not voting off that unless someone (Locket? Oath? shawo?) come back in looking terrible.

what about mog?
i thought mog was your big brain mafia team? which is it?

can you explain why you think i'm scum? im curious.

mog is conditional on Trundle flipping scum and even then she's someone I'd be weighing a lot regardless, not a D1 lynch

i literally said in my posts i'm not asking for a trundle lynch. so please explain how i'm sheeping a trundle lynch?
i love that i'm your second biggest read, but you as well end it in a wishy-washy manor when your entire point against me is "oh tae is wishy - washy" but then peg mog and trundle as your big brain scum team when you barely even talked about mog at all?

i'd rather wait than throw out some bull**** half assed read that does nothing but confuse people, ESP when most of my reads are nulls bc only a few people are really getting into things. D1 sucks and its hard to pull reads out of my ass when nothing has happened. you do a really good job at making massive walls of text though while still being wishy-washy so i don't mind being quiet while i re-read things until something "pings" me lmao.

Note that I said 'could be' and that I pointed out it has more to do with the timing at which you started providing something of substance and it being wishy-washy. Also I'm not sure people understand what 'big brain reads' are here but it's like...making memetic spicy reads. I'm not hard pairing the two lol.

she's very towny, thanks lol

Apologies!

Also I'm not sure people understand what 'big brain reads' are here but it's like...making memetic spicy reads. I'm not hard pairing the two lol.

you are correct i did not know big brain pairing meant memey spicy reads. whoops.

I feel like Heyden and Jacob are in similar boats in that they're really lacking in substance that I want front them and I don't expect much from them for the rest of the day because they have IRL excuses going on so I'm prepared for the mob to be angry with me for putting them up as candidates but idc.

Anyways I'm going to try and unwind for a few minutes and play some AC, see ya'll in the evening.

Vount Count - 1:2

Trundle [1]: Damniel
Jacob [1]: Trundle
Heyden [1]: Geoni
Not Voting [17]: Jacob, Emolga59, DinoTown, f11, Locket, Oath2Order, PunchyDaHufflepuff, amazonevan19, Skarmoury, PandaDarling, Sheabae, tae, glow, Shawo, Mogyay, Heyden, Harbour

Having been the first to reach [1] vote, Trundle is currently set to be lynched.

You have roughly 8 hours left to lynch someone, day ends at 8:00 PM CST. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is Lynched. Majority to immediately lynch is 11. Please remember that voting is mandatory.

I'm going to give it a couple more hours to see what happens. If nothing major occurs that makes me change the way I'm thinking, I will be voting for Trundle since they are my biggest scum lean right now.

my sr on jacob is not as strong as it is for trundle or geoni, and it doesn’t sit right with me that trundle is starting the jacob wagon. i stand firm that we should lynch trundle. i don’t agree with a heyden lynch as again, i don’t want to support a wagon that my other big sr is starting. i also don’t think heyden is scum

my sr on jacob is not as strong as it is for trundle or geoni, and it doesn’t sit right with me that trundle is starting the jacob wagon. i stand firm that we should lynch trundle. i don’t agree with a heyden lynch as again, i don’t want to support a wagon that my other big sr is starting. i also don’t think heyden is scum
I hope you realize that it's 99% more likely that the mafia are just the lurkers and nobody who is starting a wagon is mafia...

god i hate day 1

1. Damniel
- my gut says hes a town-lean. his thoughts are clear and easy to read & he seems to rly be trying to hunt. i don't wanna believe too much on D1 tho. this is simply just gut intuition.

2. Trundle - since waking up his posts seem to be cleaner, not as washy as yesterday. uncertain if he was just being anxious dumb town yesterday or if its facade. null w/ a slight scum-lean on him still.

3. Jacob - jacob is always kinda memy and in and out of the thread. esp on D1. he's a hard null for me. his absence and RL excuses kinda rub me weirdly too but i also understand life does get in the way. not a pass for his performance but its in my mind.

4. Emolga59- emolga is new, but she's still trying a bit. a null in my books.

5. DinoTown - she's at least put out reads, still null w/ a slight town lean. not much to say about em.

6. f11 - crys is 100% a wild card ALWAYS and i HATE IT CRYS STOP. but also ur out of no where lynch list made my stomach rly hurt. slight sus-lean on you for that one. i wanna see your explanation first tho.

7. Locket - hate you for the stanza **** i can't un-see now but otherwise you've not said much at all. null i guess?

8. Oath2Order - oath scary. but also, oath bby where the **** you at? null

9. PunchyDaHufflepuff - i literally always think punchy is just dumb town but i never know. pls stop tpying in lines of 3, son.

10. amazonevan19 - i dont have a gut read on amazon for once. so im not sure? wants to help but i also know amazon is a strong player and i/ll keep my eye on him. nullish

11. Geoni - i think you're really trying to be town-y but part of my gut rly just thinks you're talking to talk sometimes. but i don't know if i'm just being ****ty bc i think you're locked onto me for no reason or if you're really just frustrated town. i want to believe you're really town, but i have a gut feeling that theres more to you.. null w/ a slight sus.

12. Skarmoury - pretty null.

13. PandaDarling- your majesty is usually pretty strong opinionated in mafia games. her quiet stance so far is alarming in my belly and i dont know what to think. i want panda to be town bc we need the strong players on town's side, but pls panda, come talk some more you're making me nervous. :( null w/ a slight upset stomach.

14. Sheabae - i'm getting bianca-ish vibes from this person's playstyle and i do not like it. chiming in w/ bold statements and then disappearing. null w/ a side of what the **** was that.

15. tae- i'm literally just rly dumb town ok im sorry.

16. glow
- i know you're scared of getting N1'd all the time but can you pls come talk to us.

17. Shawo - 0/10. avoiding questions and disappearing ain't a cute look. sus as f

18. Mogyay - mog is a null for me.

19. Heyden - i feel like heyden is usually more active than this. & i can understand the sus on him rn kinda, but i also want to hear more from him. nullish

20. Harbour - good posts, dont have a gut feeling about em. idk, null for now.

I hope you realize that it's 99% more likely that the mafia are just the lurkers and nobody who is starting a wagon is mafia...

there’s so many lurkers/inactives that i’d rather figure out D2. if they continue to lurk then yea that’s sus but you have enough sus content that i’d prefer your lynch over a quite one’s

@amazonevan19

Not a fan of this post because I've seen shawo play at least one game and he starts slow, not that I townread shawo at all, but with shawo having plenty of people express bad gut feelings about him it's an easy target for shaebae here.

It's one or two posts regarding shawo but I'm warming up to the idea that shaebae has scum equity.

Well given that iv never played with Shawo and their lack of responses to all the heat they are getting this game is a little sus, no?

Im still on the fence about trundle... id feel much better lynching shawo over trundle until we can see how things play out in the coming days.

Well given that iv never played with Shawo and their lack of responses to all the heat they are getting this game is a little sus, no?

Im still on the fence about trundle... id feel much better lynching shawo over trundle until we can see how things play out in the coming days.

any other ideas for a lynch besides shawo?

I’m gonna start here, writing this like 2 mins before i head into my math exam:

I understand where some intense and borderline pushy playstyle has a place on day 1, where it’s seemingly supposed to intimidate players to put out content or make mafia nervous or something. But I don’t think its wrong to suggest that a lot is being expected out of players on this particular Day 1. Just to voice where this is coming from, im pretty sure I have one of the higher post counts for players in the game, and i'm engaging far more than some people. Whether that be spitting out accusations or not (I’m really not, and I NEVER do D1. I’m simply not that good at reading game entrances as AI) participating in the thread even “lack of substance” on day 1 is not a reason to jump to placing down a vote. It seems super premature. There’s probably a way to read the aggression for wanting the thread to fill with almost 400 posts on Day 1, but I can hardly see myself accurately reading that situation. I’ll give it a try tho:

• Day 1 games on tbt USUALLY stay mind numbingly slow, and that usually equates to mafia hiding in the shadows waiting for the first kill to respond, leaving nothing really alarming in the thread that’s alarming.
  • The usual slowness of day 1 could also be attributed to there being no “leader” in the game, which coincides with mafia hiding behind the shadows. This game simply is the opposite of that, and the post generation is coming mostly from Daniel and Trundle. Call them a “leader” of the Day if you wish but there seems to be a strong reason for wanting the push the day forward with posts, which again is unusual (for tbt at least, slow game starts are all I’m used to).

So I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that 1 or 2 mafia probably is /not/ hiding behind the shadows or is a lurker at this game start which is good, so I’m absolutely gonna keep my lynch pool within the active players if I can.

Here’s my final initial thought for now:

It feels like trundle just doesn’t know who else to vote and just picked a random active player (me) and tried to write up a case. If you wanna lynch me for avoiding the thread, I think there’s about 6 other people who would be more qualified for that position, and if you wanna lynch me based on interactions with mog, I really can’t say anything on that because I genuinely don’t understand that logic clearly. But that’s not your fault I just probably didn’t read it thoroughly enough which I’ll go back to.

And as food for thought, If I was mafia, WHY would I say in my RQS that I avoid the thread when I get pressured then in that same day start avoiding the thread like you’re suggesting I’m doing. Maybe your vote was a reaction test but if it wasn’t I think I’m not the only one who needs to start putting in a little more effort.

--

I’m out of my Exam now that I DEFINITELY failed so I have some time. I’m gonna start from the beginning of the thread and pick out things as I go. Typo's are almost a given I'm sorry

Admittedly, there has been enough Trundle talk throughout the thread so I pretty much skimmed his posts. Not all of them though because I do have some thoughts. They’ve all already been in the light enough and for some reason I can’t seem to lean any direction with him so I’m just gonna null him for day 1.
Im on post #104 right now taking a small break to log my thoughts.

hey

i'm multitabling this game with an 80 player game

will be playing in both with equal effort

This was a post that’s been jumped by some players that I honestly don’t see a problem from. This feels like a really typical game introduction to me. So continuing my through in this long post intro here’s an example of how I think some members might have an agenda behind their nitpickiness:

So I just tested, and a post merge will show up as an edit if you perform the post merge 5 minutes after the original message is posted. Therefore shawo did not edit his post.

Proof here. I did not edit my post, only post merge: https://www.belltreeforums.com/thre...discussion-thread.449463/page-13#post-8595760

Also, I am not doing this to make it look like I'm contributing to the game without actually making reads.

Why do you feel the need to say this when we are at the very beginning of the game and you had already made clear your intentions to try and test this out? Not saying you're scum or anything, but this seems a little bit overly paranoid

I just realized as I wrote it that I would normally call out other people for "contributing" to the game in ways that aren't helpful so I wasn't to clarify since Daniel is already on my ass.

This feels absolutely like a reach to push content and a reaction to me, Evan even goes on to saying how he did end up finding the post useful and not just fake content generation. But asking someone why they would preface it with a self aware forewarning is so contradictory to me. Obviously Trundle said he was clarifying to avoid someone just jumping on him for brownie points and it seems like evan, and partially glow, did that as a little unnecessary jab. I’m saying this mostly because I saw exactly where aiden was coming from, it’s a headache to try and talk in the thread and have it be nitpicked for not being mind blowing game pushing evidence. So that’s a redflag to me on Evan’s part.

1. this is my first time all the other experience has now been reset
2. playing as scum is more relaxing
3. Daniel glow harbor emolga
4. Dad
5. this is my first game idk...in another life I would avoid the thread
6. idc
This is a real quick red flag to me. The RQS only asked players for 3 scum team guesses, then Crys provided 4, which has been a controversial estimate of the number of players on the actual scum team as we don’t know KP or if there’s a TP or not. She’s the only person to suggest there’s a 4 person scum team in the RQS so it stuck out to me.

I collected a few RQS answers that stuck out to me as polar ways to answer the “How do you react to pressure” question which, IMO is the most useful rqs question for alignment indicative answers. And this is only some

Genuine answers, self defining:
5. Uhh panic? Be defensive? I'll straight out ignore the thread too probs

5. How do you react to pressure?
I start failing at everything and become flustered (also I become extremely unreasonable)

A tad mighty but still honest and NAI:
Very well tbh

Not really defining their reactions to pressure, I’ll continue with this at the bottom:
5. depends. sometimes i tunnel. most of the time i just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. How do you react to pressure? I typically try to switch up how I react to pressure from game to game so I don't leave an easy scum trail, but more often than not I tell people why they're wrong about whatever they are saying.

Sometimes I can stay pretty calm and cool. Most of the time though I freak out, especially when I'm mafia or blue

Now they each have a different way of answering this question, Tae’s answer seems to come from a fairly nonchalant rhetoric which for some reason I always take as genuine, but it also is very dodgy. Answering with “depends” allows you to react any way to pressure in this game and not be linked back to how you said you would react, which is the main takeaway difference from the more personal ones above. Trundle says that he knowingly switches it up, which is the same way of dodging answering that question. Evan’s is a much more extreme example of him setting up how he can react when he gets pressured in this current game BECAUSE he mentions the possibility of him reacting like this, then claiming to be blue. More than anything it sounds like a paved answer if he ends up safe claiming a PR role that someone can trace back to his RQS after he’s been pressured doesn’t really sit well with me.

Im sorry all that must’ve been so super sloppy^^ Those RQS answers stuck out to me as noncommittal.

I have a lame PR role ama

My pr role is actually cop and we're lynching hayden for calling me mafia, that's my cop report.

so multiple people have called me mafia, and I ACCIDENTALLY underlined my sentence. NEW forum HELP.

I have decided that some people know something I don't.

Vote: Shawo.

look I'm gonna be honest but I posted before I read the whole thread, for some reason I couldn't ~un-underline~.

If you want some genuine thoughts, I do think haydens snap scumread on me was bad, because I hadn't posted. Why bother replying to a bunch of questions if you won't put in the effort to answer them properly.

Especially since the other people I looked at ~probably~ gave good replies. I'm way too lazy to analyze everyones post, but someone like amazon who honestly said no idea, or even trundle who said he WANTED me to be scum, was way better than saying I'm in a scum team before I posted.

I'm not bitter or anything.

I promise.

I don’t really have that much to say because this post was so extremely where it looked panicky. I remember the first time I read it I kinda did a ???? when he said he’s a lame PR because why even joke about that? Saying “Im a PR” rather than “I’m a lame PR” was just weird because he’s hinting at some specific power role. PR’s aren’t usually described as lame unless it actually is a lame one lol. Then it looked like he panicked with like 4 post merges. I can’t even say if this is a red flag or a joke-y post that I just didn’t read correctly.

this is a genuine question but are overanalysis like this normal or is it just like really heated atm

I definitely think there is weight to a newer player in asking this, because no, I don’t think overanalysis for a lot of the posts on day 1 to this extent is normal. I’ve addressed this so thoroughly above tho, this is more of a supporting detail that there’s an unusual force behind deep diving in on some posts.

1. i’ve played werewolf but that’s all i can say for now. the people i played with weren’t very experienced either so i can’t really say that i’m any good.

it really depends on the kp though, not necessarily the amount of mafia. unless there's a specific balancing method.

For me this was super weird because this is a fairly intelligent reaction to Maf vs Town divide guesses. IDK how Werewolf is player or how much KP is involved in that as a fluctuating number, but for someone who claims to have no forum mafia experience and only experience on werewolf with low experience players, this response has insight on KP in reference to this game that would not have crossed my mind. So that’s a red flag for me.

that's not true jacob, my meta is always consistent, i like it that way, i can't play as mafia, everyone knows that, since the first time i played as mafia i have not improved or changed my play style and that's a fact, it's stupid only playing this game in hope i don't roll mafia but that's how i play

I can’t remember if I ever replied to this, I know I wanted to but i think I may have just let the convo drop as to not spiral out. It still reads like you know exactly what not to do as mafia at this point. And I can’t trust anyone this game so I’m gonna stick my thinking that you’re very introspective and shouldn’t fly under the META radar. Ie. Punchy saying you too confident to be scum right now, I’m not gonna blindly believe that.

it’s not a joke I get scum vibes from Jacob but it’s seems like trundle is also pushing it so I might back off. But Jacobs explicit phrasing of “dan and trundle are town” is sus because it framed him as also being town by pointing it out. I perceived it as jacob wanting to be seen as good by not letting innocent townies lynch each other when you really can’t know that in day 1. It just seems like a sus comment that didn’t really add to the game except to help jacob. A more useful (town) statement would probably include evidence and now that day 1 jacob hasn’t called anyone sus or given what he believes are scumleans. Tldr: this dude hasn’t done anything this game but try to absolve himself lmfao

I will be honest, I also thought your “you v me is town v scum (ur scum)” was a joke so reading this was interesting, looking forward to what you think about this eye straining post I’m writing up currently if you thought I was scummy for not having substance/scum leans.

I honestly think you're being a bit pushy for D1. Give people time to get into the zone or you're just going to make them wanna sit the entirety of D1 out. There are a lot of people and it can be hard to find a spot to jump in.

One of the contradictions that I think went unnoticed is this one. Trundle as of recent you’ve been fairly pushy as well.

Or maybe I am just good at looking town idk.
Maybe I’m being just jumpy and hyper on everything but this again is another (maybe my 3rd) red flag on Evan. What a strange way to phrase something like this.

Yeah, something like masons. I highly doubt they're both scum.

It’s a tad bit strange to me how willing Locket is to assume there are so many experimental roles in this game. I don’t really recall mason being much of a common role so something about her suggestions of players being characters like this has me thinking that maybe she has a strange fake claim lol.

I’ve been called out for not offering up a scum lynch pool so here it is. I’d be OK lynching:
AmazonEvan, Harbour, Locket, Mogyay, Glow, Tae, and a hesitant Trundle, Crys and Oath.
I’m leaning most toward Evan but I’ll iso for myself before the lynch.
They're not all inherently scummy, but instead of saying all of the playerlist is in my lynch pool I wanted to narrow it down to people I at least do not trust entirely, or I am wish/washy about. I won't be pushing a lynch for all of them, I'll just be open to the idea of it.

I don’t want to vote Punchy, Geoni, Heyden, Emolga, or Daniel.

PS. does the degree of Glow and heyden interactions seems shockingly low for day one to anyone else? 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back