• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your reasoning is stupid and you're just trying to justify your revenge vote. Literally everything you're saying about my gameplay early isn't even true.
I'm writing a ****in post, be patient love. I'll have all my points back up in quotes. I only summarized my post cuz it's taking so long looking through your terrible scum gameplay.

I'm writing a ****in post, be patient love. I'll have all my points back up in quotes. I only summarized my post cuz it's taking so long looking through your terrible scum gameplay.
You're going to look really dumb when I flip town lol

okie dokie stuff is happening this is fun
I still think Trundle, but I'm gonna push it as long as I can to vote that to give people a chance to try and change my mind.
ATM I still think Trundle because everything you're saying just rubs me the wrong way and honestly stuff you've said really makes it seem like you're not taking the time to get to know the workings of this round nor the players in it which... eh. Not really AI, I suppose but it's hmm for sure

okie dokie stuff is happening this is fun
I still think Trundle, but I'm gonna push it as long as I can to vote that to give people a chance to try and change my mind.
ATM I still think Trundle because everything you're saying just rubs me the wrong way and honestly stuff you've said really makes it seem like you're not taking the time to get to know the workings of this round nor the players in it which... eh. Not really AI, I suppose but it's hmm for sure
I don't think that's a very good line of reasoning. I am a weird person and people are almost always suspicious of me day one, but usually if I'm mafia it's so incredibly obvious that the vote is more or less unanimous. There are a lot of strong, experienced players who currently don't think I'm mafia. I also have a VERY BAD TRACK RECORD of either 1) mislynching D1 as town, or 2) getting lynched D1 if I don't push someone else hard enough (regardless of alignment). Example: Weeb Mafia pushing beary509.

why did u play poorly and distract town tho? u have a history of doing that as town so who's to say ur not just trying to emulate town trundle. u'd think u'd have learned ur lesson by now, ur not a meme player, u seem sincere every time it happens but eventually it's just gonna be a ruse for when ur mafia

Reactions: tae
why did u play poorly and distract town tho? u have a history of doing that as town so who's to say ur not just trying to emulate town trundle. u'd think u'd have learned ur lesson by now, ur not a meme player, u seem sincere every time it happens but eventually it's just gonna be a ruse for when ur mafia

to be honest, i like this point bc he snapped out of it pretty quickly once more people started sussing him.
trundle today is so different than trundle yesterday and its almost black and white in difference.

for some reason tho my gut still thinks a trundle lynch is a bad idea.. i know we have some time left but i'm anxious about this D1 so far.

Part 1

I ignored it because I assumed you just couldn’t read lol, it’s in the OP

“The Town's win condition is achieved through killing all the mafia through voting during the day.”

Post automatically merged:

Oh I just realized that is just information about how to play the game to newbies lol. My role PM says all threats lmao

Why were you reading the newbie section? You ain’t a newb.

Makes me wonder if post merges show up as edits as long as the post merges happens after the "edit shows" time threshold.

I read my role, but when I'm not mafia I tend to just skim over it. When I was looking at the OP earlier I just glimpsed and saw "Eliminate all mafia" and thought "Hey cool, no third party".

Stating how he behaves as a town, which is sus behavior in my book. Like, why do you need to state your ****ing meta besides taking pressure off ya. Acknowledging your self awareness regarding personal meta means you are being careful how you appear as scum.

So I just tested, and a post merge will show up as an edit if you perform the post merge 5 minutes after the original message is posted. Therefore shawo did not edit his post.

Proof here. I did not edit my post, only post merge: https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/official-smash-bros-ultimate-discussion-thread.449463/page-13#post-8595760

Also, I am not doing this to make it look like I'm contributing to the game without actually making reads.

I am going to test for edit stuff in another thread just so we can get to the bottom of this.

If you edit a post when a post is 5 minutes old or older, it will show "edited" in the bottom right. Now to test for post merges.

I am a humble servant to the mafia gods

None of this is ****ing relevant. It’s just filler. People criticizing punchy for producing filler which he has but if y’all don’t acknowledge how this is filler, y’all are hypocrites.

At least when I was spamming, it was for baiting.

Part 2

Still reading but I think you are likely right to be suspicious of Jacob. He is not the kind of player to create tension D1. He likes to get on people’s good sides. I think he actually may have been pocketing.

First of all, you don’t even address dad claims on jacob. You just added your own claim while adding a filler message about how he is “maybe” right about being suspicious about jacob.

Second of all, you claim jacob is pocketing but there are instances of you defending the people who were putting pressure on ya.
1. Damniel - I think Daniel is town. As I mentioned in my original reads list, Daniel pushing someone this hard D1 has been his town style, as damn annoying as I am find it.

This dude has been putting pressure on ya all day but all you did is admit he’s been putting pressure on ya, downplaying it as “the usual”.

Here are some other quotes of him acknowledging the pressure:

Every single time I play a game with Daniel, he pressures me Day 1 and it is always town vs town.

the last 4-5 games I've played mafia Daniel just hunts me down and scum leans me every single D1 no matter what alignment I am,

This is ****ing downplaying daniel's pressure, like his pressure doesn't matter as much since he always does it. You also claim it's town vs town, indicating that you are town. Like this doesn't even feel like a town slip, you just hoping to mention town vs town so people might think you are town.

You also downplayed skamoursey pressure on you as "newb ".

skarmoury has mostly just put pressure on me, I honestly think it's coming from a newbie town standpoint.

So, this is what you've been doing:

1 - Downplaying the pressure on ya as "newb" or "the usual".
2 - Town read the people who were putting presure on you, hoping the people putting presure on ya would see you as more townie. This would be consider pocketing, i believe.
3. - profit??

I have literally done 1 and 2 as mafia to appear as townie before, usually #2.

In conclusion, his behavior seems sus motivated. I also think punchy is scum due to his filler posts but I believe we should take out trundle who is also sus before we take out punchy.

Last edited:
i don't agree with the punchy next in line thing, but you make a good point about trundle..

I agree that early game I was playing pretty poorly and distracting town, which I have already addressed. Most of my posts today have not been like that.
Ok, so you admit to distracting town. I mean, isn't there any motive besides be scum for you to be distracting town.

It's not like I was doing it intentionally. I am just really hyper active sometimes and just do stuff impulsively. I don't really know why I'm this way sometimes but not other times, but I obviously wouldn't do it intentionally if it was hurting the town. That would be playing against my win condition.
to be honest, i like this point bc he snapped out of it pretty quickly once more people started sussing him.
trundle today is so different than trundle yesterday and its almost black and white in difference.

for some reason tho my gut still thinks a trundle lynch is a bad idea.. i know we have some time left but i'm anxious about this D1 so far.
What I said above applies, but I also think that I was trying to get back into mafia too fast and I was just spiraling out of control. If I'm lynched so be it, but if I'm not I will definitely make it worth town's while. If everyone decides they want lynched today, I will do whatever I can to help town before I'm gone.

Can you explain why or...

i think punchy isn't acting odd compared to what i remember of his game play last time i played.
if anything his absence is weird but he did state hes got school and an 80 player game hes also in. i'm not saying punchy isnt plausible, but i think there's other people to look more into rather than him at this time.

It's not like I was doing it intentionally. I am just really hyper active sometimes and just do stuff impulsively. I don't really know why I'm this way sometimes but not other times, but I obviously wouldn't do it intentionally if it was hurting the town. That would be playing against my win condition.

not to be nit picky but is this the second time you've said the town or did i mix you up with someone else.

Damn Antonio has entered the chat!
My take with only a few hours left and trying to pin 20 players 😵

scum leans: Trundle, Mog, Shawo and panda

Town Leans : Tae, Antonio, Damniel, Evan, locket

I feel like the townies i picked have been pretty good about trying to gather as much info from other players without seeming shady about doing so

as for scum, i feel like in one way or another they rubbed me the wrong way or have been too quiet throughout this. I was on the fence about Trundle but after that heat supplied by Antonio im down for a lynching

Part 1

Why were you reading the newbie section? You ain’t a newb.

Stating how he behaves as a town, which is sus behavior in my book. Like, why do you need to state your ****ing meta besides taking pressure off ya. Acknowledging your self awareness regarding personal meta means you are being careful how you appear as scum.

None of this is ****ing relevant. It’s just filler. People criticizing punchy for producing filler which he has but if y’all don’t acknowledge how this is filler, y’all are hypocrites.

At least when I was spamming, it was for baiting.

Part 2

First of all, you don’t even address dad claims on jacob. You just added your own claim while adding a filler message about how he is “maybe” right about being suspicious about jacob.
Second of all, you claim jacob is pocketing but there are instances of you defending the people who were putting pressure on ya.

This dude has been putting pressure on ya all day but all you did is admit he’s been putting pressure on ya, downplaying it as “the usual”.

Here are some other quotes of him acknowledging the pressure:

This is ****ing downplaying daniel's pressure, like his pressure doesn't matter as much since he always does it. You also claim it's town vs town, indicating that you are town. Like this doesn't even feel like a town slip, you just hoping to mention town vs town so people might think you are town.

You also downplayed skamoursey pressure on you as "newb ".

So, this is what you've been doing:

1 - Downplaying the pressure on ya as "newb" or "the usual".
2 - Town read the people who were putting presure on you, hoping the people putting presure on ya would see you as more townie. This would be consider pocketing, i believe.
3. - profit??

I have literally done 1 and 2 as mafia to appear as townie before, usually #2.

In conclusion, his behavior seems sus motivated. I also think punchy is scum due to his filler posts but I believe we should take out trundle who is also sus before we take out punchy.
1. I didn't realize it was the newbie section. It just caught my eye as I was scrolling through.
2. I don't really have any excuse for my RQS, I answer the same way about my meta in every game.
3. The post edit and post merge stuff is completely relevant. Ness warned shawo for editing even though he didn't edit. For other people who got post merges > 5 minutes out from their original post, they would have been warned to and Ness could have modkilled someone who never even edited their post. It was incredibly important to know even though it doesn't actually change anything about the game.
4. There is nothing wrong with defending people that are putting pressure on you. I am not defending ALL the people who are putting pressure on me. If I thought everyone who pressured me was mafia, I was be an idiot.
5. If I know I'm town, then why shouldn't I try to downplay Daniel's pressure? I don't think the pressure should be so heavy on someone who is town. I know his read on me is wrong, so I'm trying to bring attention to that.
6. Same as 5. Should I say "Oh yeah, skarmoury is probably right. Everyone check this out"?

Your case sucks.

Antonio is off to a strong beginning. I was slightly TLing Skarmoury so Antonio confirms my town lean. I thought he was joking at first but its clear his sus on trundle is serious and brings new points on his continued downplaying. This behavior is much more aggressive which is v different from his last game as scum where he was purposefully distant and unconfrontational (I know this well bc were were scum together and I was v observant of his behavior.

So currently my reads of note are:
Town: Evan, Antonio, Harbour, Mog, Tae
Scum: Trundle, Geoni, Jacob

The others who I don't list are too inactive. Trundle and Jacob doesn't work as a team but I'll rethink that once we see what trundle flips. If its Trundle then Jacob probs since scum and the other member(s) are lurkers. Geo and Trundle actually work well together

jacobs probs town*

I will do whatever I can to help town before I'm gone.
Just wanted to say that having used this tactic to try and avoid a lynch before, it doesn't work. I actually was town when I had to employ the near enough begging but still

oh i also read dino as town. I think she's trying her best to scum hunt and be helpful

how does iso(ing) work on tbt 3.0 I'm dying
just highlight what you like, quote it and at the end put insert quotes. it saves multiple quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back