• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why I voted for Trundle was that I wanted to play it safe for D1 lynch and the safest move I could possibly make was to vote for Trundle. Why you may ask? Well, I already did seem suspicious after my rqs and I didn't want to cause more of a scene for voting someone else with no reason at all because that would definitely put a target on my back to be the next lynch. Trundle had already said quite a few suspicious things so it wouldn't be that hard/difficult to explain my vote if it needed explaining.

I disappeared until 25 minutes left until EoD because I had made already my decision and later on decided to come back to see how the votes are coming in. Only to find out that a lot of people were starting to vote Jacob.
Can I tell y'all how uncomfortable this post makes me feel

Let me count the phrases

"I already did seem suspicious after my rqs"
"I didn't want to cause more of a scene"
"that would definitely put a target on my back to be the next lynch"
"it wouldn't be that hard/difficult to explain my vote if it needed explaining."
And most importantly, that whole last sentence

Idk about you but to me this reeks of a scum mentality.

- Overly concerned about their image after their RQs of all things
- Keenly aware that their action might cause a scene, so instead of taking that action and explaining/deliberating/discussing it with us, they just stuck to their other course of action which was less confrontational
- Keenly aware that they might arouse suspicion had they taken that action
- Already thinking of ways to attempt to explain their vote on Trundle IF NEEDED - ie if Trundle died and flipped town?
- The last sentence is most damning to me

The one good thing in all of this is that it very much implies Emolga is lacking coordination with other players (ie just parked a vote and wasn't around EoD to see what happened in order to switch last minute) and doesn't seem concerned with that.

But that could also be the same thing with Locket too, who also happened to park a vote on Trundle and was fine with a Jacob lynch because they are both likely town. Overall Emolga's post to me seems to be one of a maf willing to kick back and watch the chaos unfold, instead of further provoking town, which is likely what some of Emolga's teammates were doing.

Emolga/Locket/Shebae/??/if there's a fifth?? scumteam? That'd have to mean one or two other teammates were the one stirring up ****.
Post automatically merged:

- The last sentence is most damning to me
This is where I meant to put a part about how Emolga possibly parking a vote like Locket did, but oh well I explained it later anyway

I'm also not 100% sure Emolga is scum rn and I need to look at their posts/voting more but damn that post of theirs really set off alarm bells

Last edited:
@amazonevan19 wouldn’t a main scum team of locket/emolga/sheabae be stacked in favor of town tho? like, experience wise?
That's why I need to figure out two things
- If all three of those are in fact completely compatible
- Who the other player(s) on mafia might be

Also Locket is arguably a fairly experienced player so I don't necessarily think a team of two new, one or two pretty experienced, and one or two very experienced scums is out of the question

Aren't roles distributed randomly tho? So it could happen
roles are random but hosts try to balance out scum teams sometimes. Knowing Ness he would likely have made sure the scum team was at least somewhat balanced

Reactions: tae
Aren't roles distributed randomly tho? So it could happen

yeah but like, experience wise thats just cruel.
i'm pretty sure if a host sees maf rolls a majority of new players they'd balance it better. esp when we have mafia veterans in this game who are known for strong gameplay. it's impossibleimo to have nothing but new-ish players make up the entire mafia team in this game where we have players like glow, panda, oath, geoni, evan, daniel, trundle, etc. like its unlikely.

i'm not saying locket / emolga cant be maf bc they sure as hell possible can be, but the likelihood of it being ALL newbies is low and silly.

yeah but like, experience wise thats just cruel.
i'm pretty sure if a host sees maf rolls a majority of new players they'd balance it better. esp when we have mafia veterans in this game who are known for strong gameplay. it's impossibleimo to have nothing but new-ish players make up the entire mafia team in this game where we have players like glow, panda, oath, geoni, evan, daniel, trundle, etc. like its unlikely.

i'm not saying locket / emolga cant be maf bc they sure as hell possible can be, but the likelihood of it being ALL newbies is low and silly.
You do have a good point so that either means
- maf is 5 strong and there's 2 kickass players on their side
- I'm dead wrong on at least one of the players, and I'm willing to bet it could be Emolga since I could very well be reading too much into that last post of theirs. I'm fairly confident in locket and somewhat confident in sheabae atm even though there's less to go on with sheabae just generally being weird and unhelpful

but the likelihood of it being ALL newbies is low and silly.
as Evan said, we don't know how big the mafia is yet. It could well be a case of 3 newbies and 2 experienced players. Given there's a high chance of coaching going on between the veterans to the newbies behind the scenes it also wouldn't be too much of a disadvantage so long as there's at least someone who can act as the newbie's guide.

For the record, I'm not saying I particularly think there's any need to go for a deep dive on Locket/Emolga/Sheabae yet, just pointing out that sweeping the possibility of 3 newbies as mad is probably not a good idea.

*maf
ew autocorrect

This ones fun! Tae lurked basically all day and comes out with a fully fleshed out list of reads

did you read my reads list? most people are null with slight leans and nothing more. i don't think that's fleshed out in the slightest.
was it forced a little bit? maybe bc i had been pressed by two or three people at that time to "make a reads list"
i think reads lists on D1 are pretty ****ing stupid, much like you think answering RQS are stupid.

do you wanna talk about "lurking" and popping out with a fully fleshed out anything lets talk about how you GHOSTED 90% of D1. showed up at a town vs town double lynch wagon, and decided to SCREAM loudly about a NL option? how perfect is that. someone who soft'd a weak pr claim as a safety blanket, dissapears for the entire ****ing day, shows up at end very end only screaming about advocating for a NL. how pro town, right? honestly your play doesn't feel towny to me at all..

it's flamboyant and its dangerous and from what it sounds like its something you're known for.

so either you're reckless as **** town, or you're really really flamboyant risk taking mafia and i don't like it.

bc for some reason the idea of you claiming a pr right out the gate, disappearing, showing up when you know both lynch options are town, is the perfect reason to waste time advocating for a NL in the chaos of EoD. i mean it's perfect cover for mafia lmao. i think your entire play has been one long ruse and thats my gut & i'm not changing my mind anytime soon. i've been sus of your silence all of D1 and then now you show up all exploding? no thanks. but come for me all you want.

You do have a good point so that either means
- maf is 5 strong and there's 2 kickass players on their side
- I'm dead wrong on at least one of the players, and I'm willing to bet it could be Emolga since I could very well be reading too much into that last post of theirs. I'm fairly confident in locket and somewhat confident in sheabae atm even though there's less to go on with sheabae just generally being weird and unhelpful

there's probably at least one or two new players in mafia.
and i think you're on the right track with some of the ones you've looked into.

locket rubs me wrong more than emolga so far, but also as ****ty as it feels, i think the start of D2 will bring a lot more info to the table. and for town's sake i hope its good news because yesterday was a **** show and i'm embarrassed i didn't try and push other people harder.

This ones fun! Tae lurked basically all day and comes out with a fully fleshed out list of reads
How are you gonna use this as any sort of evidence against tae?
Like if we're being liberal about stuff here, I near enough fit this quota, not being able to talk much as a newbie, only mentioning stuff where I think I can help, yet I was also pressured to make a full list of reads. And I don't even get mentioned in your giant post.
So why does it make you scumread tae but not me?

HEY HERES MY OUT OF THE BLUE FLESHED OUT READS LIST YALL. :^)
jk actually i still have a lot of NULSS and not 100% concrete stuff.

1. Damniel
- so uh, after dan hard tunneled the **** out of trundle his sudden chaos swap rubbed me wrong and i dont know how i feel about him as of now.

2. Trundle - my gut says trundle is still town. null w/ a slight town lean still.

3. Jacob Lynched D1 - Vanilla Townie

4. Emolga59 - null for now i wanna re-read and see how i feel.

5. DinoTown - null for now. also need to re-read and see how i feel.

6. f11 - idk if ur meta changed but like, wheres your memes. wheres your silly? you're different than what i remember and your random pushes feel weird. call this an OMGUS but idgaf bc i think something is very off about you. scum-lean here.

7. Locket - keeps stating they'll "post more after X." then x happens and they don't add on and it's off to " i'll post more after Y". we're at Z ***** where you at?

8. Oath2Order - coasting yes, people sus him, but like i don't know how he plays i don't know what he is i'm at a null for now.

9. PunchyDaHufflepuff - punchy is still just dumb town in my eyes but that can change. town-lean still.

10. amazonevan19 - you're emotional like me. i don't know if that makes you town or not. i don't have enough of a sense of you to really get a feel. i need to iso and re-read on you too. i'll revisit later.

11. Geoni - you were a scum lean for me previously. i think you talk a lot but i also agree some of it is a bit of fluff and sometimes your points don't quite connect. you're null but like usual, i'm gonna keep my eye on you. i do appreciate how much you seem to really try to start the convo, and that bit feels very pro town to me, but i can't shake the feeling that there's still more to you that i cant quite see.

12. Antonio Skarmoury - i don't know what team ur playing for but you remind me of me going after toad so much it's scary. i tunnel too but your aggression is just, unsettling. you don't seem pro town, but i've also never played a game w/ you i don't think. idk if this is an act of if this is just your personality.

13. PandaDarling - your majesty here is always kinda in and out, and one liney, but still in past games she at least tried. this game feels more coasty than usual and that scares me bc my view on panda is shes usually scum queen. shes the one liney quiet one in thread but one of the bigger voices when orchestrating behind scenes. shawo's sudden scream of "panda claimed PR" at EoD when people started susing her gives me more reason to believe a panda / shawo maf team base is likely.

14. Sheabae - i don't like their tone. i don't like their coasting. i don't like what they're doing, or not doing. aka, being present. \

15. tae hey its me, ur neighborhood townie.

16. glow -
i know u get N1'd like 90% of the time but your lack of presence makes me kinda sus. RL **** happens but like, idk it just seems a little too rich.

17. Shawo - i've always made a bigger post about you. i think you're icky and opportunistic as ****.

18. Mogyay - i cant read mog. but shes queen of ATE and idk. could go both ways.

19. Heyden - ur like crys in a lot of ways but you're both acting so different this game i don't like it?

20. Harbour - idk i don't see how ppl think you're forced. i gotta iso still.

also, i know i have like 6 people sussed / scum leaned on. but i'm certain theres at least a few actual scummies in my leans /
this is 10000% subject to change after N1 ends and we see what actions were taken.

mmm I think tae is mafia now just because of their reads list. Literally nothing aligns with my opinions except Seabae who is just neutral for tae.

guys its really hard to make compiled posts bc xenforo saves what u quote and then adds it in rly weirdly am i just dumb help

also HOW SPOILER.

Amazon's Locket ISO

Locket ISO

She’s been mentioned a couple times as an under the radar player and so I decided to give her some closer scrutiny. Apologies for the long ass post.

I’m always wary of people who say “in all honesty” or “to be honest” because that indicates they may have reason to not be honest. Also “I haven’t seen a ton of people play mafia before so I’m not scared of anyone” is a bit of a lame noncommittal answer because that’s actually not accurate – she’s seen a lot of people here before – so the fact she is willing to name three people on a potential scumteam and yet is not willing to give an opinion on who frightens her is a little weird. It also sounds a little bit overconfident – perhaps if she’s on scum team and knows that she has an experienced roster of players like Geoni or glow on her side, then maybe she would feel that she would have nobody to fear?

I feel she’s hiding behind the fact that “zomgs there’s lots of new people” to avoid being boxed in later on via RQs. Overall from the RQs I’ve reviewed, Locket’s in retrospect is a little bit sus, though I will admit I am being picky about this.

Casting shade on two players right out the bat, and focusing on something rather minor with Punchy’s post style. Nothing really AI for me here but this also isn’t exactly stellar content

Again with the Punchy stanza stuff, which I don’t think will materialize into anything. At least it’s just demure D1 speculation but it could also just be her trying to post content and appear useful when it’s really not. It could also be her fishing to find out if Punchy is PR/TP.

After Jacob said Locket’s speculation might have some weight, Locket agrees and then immediately backtracks. *shrug* Idk man. RN I just think this is a minor point not worth heavy consideration, but it is worth noting if a trend of Locket commentary on non-critical stuff continues

A one word response to Shebae’s strangely harsh immediate scumlean on shawo, although at this point shawo was acting really weird and dodging people’s questions like the plague. This is not a good look for Locket as I would expect more pressure from town Locket. I posted my initial unease with Shebae’s push a few posts later:

I am trying to find the posts Locket is referring to here but this is actually an intriguing and original possibility that does not seem to have been brought up again, so bonus points for Locket here I guess.

Ooooook. Here I have major problems. First off, if the punchy/shebae interaction isn’t very important, then why note it? I have a really big issue with the sentence “Since its only D1, it isn't too important.” This feels like a way for her to dish out what equates to TP speculation on two players to seem useful, then just kinda go “ehhhh idk.”

Secondly, and most importantly, who on earth would townread two individuals who you just speculated to be masons, and had done nothing to deserve townleaning? Locket had speculated not many posts before about Punchy maybe being some weird role because of his poetry. No explanation as to why punchy deserves to be put on the same plane as Daniel…which presents another question. Why would you equate Shebae as a townlean to someone that was much more crucial to the thread discussion like Daniel? Like this shows a really bad lack of judgment cuz at this stage in the game Shebae only deserved a null, if not slight scumlean at best. Locket here is also oddly noncommittal on Shawo too.

After getting pressed by tae on her reads, this is what Locket said

Reads being gut feeling and not strong at this point are fine but given that she only had one modifier on her initial reads (“slight” scumlean etc.) this seems to be slightly contradictory. Like true, she never presented her reads as being ironclad, but I will gladly note the inconsistent and potentially revealing change in tone nonetheless. Also I don’t know what Geoni did to deserve a scumlean either at this point. So not a good look either here.

Typical TBT logic which is parroting what a lot of people have already said and I happen to agree with. Fine posts but don’t add much and are remarkably repetitive. It is notably an interaction with shawo, who was at this time doing a full court press for a NL. She also agrees with Antonio – always good to keep note of who interacts with and agrees with who.

Ok she FINALLY explains why a NL would be bad here. Pretty good look tbh.

Did Shawo soft or claim cop? I’m confused here. Regardless tish mirrors my thoughts on claiming or fishing for roles day 1, so more points. Although do note that this is the last post of Locket’s before EoD. Locket was notably not around at all in the crucial final hour of D1 and makes me a little suspect, like she could’ve been talking with scumchat and monitoring things from there. She was around a half hour after EoD so it’s not like she was completely out of the picture – I hate picking on someone if they have a good excuse/IRL **** that happened during that time, but I can’t discount the possibility.

Blah post which again kinda just parrots what others are saying.

Another blah summary but something that is good to keep in mind is that Locket parked her vote on Trundle approximately 3.5 hours before EoD when he already had 3 votes compared to Jacob’s 1. By the time she stopped commenting on the thread before EoD, Trundle had a comfortable 6 votes compared to Jacob’s 3. I can easily see my scenario of scum Locket either monitoring scumchat or just flat dipping cuz she was fine with Trundle dying and was willing to let that go through. If I scumread Locket (which I am pretty near doing at this point in writing) then I have to almost by necessity read Trundle as town now, since scum Locket would’ve been fine with either Jacob or Trundle dying.

“Once we get through night,” potential perspective slip? She knows she’s getting through night maybe… :thonk: Notably also mentions blues and “picking stuff out from this.” This post reeks of a scum perspective and not town in my view. Waiting to see who dies and what happens so as to be able to “pick stuff.” Not good wording.

Overall I feel I am being a bit too nitpicky but there are also a lot of things that ping me and seem very off about Locket. Heyden had a really good point here too

Well ignore her we shan’t. I almost certainly scumlean her right now and on my break will probably start thinking about potential pairings. Shebae def strikes me as a very likely teammate, and maybe Punchy too if we read enough into her early Mason speculation and townleaning of him.

Like this level of effort is something I appreciate and Locket certainly hasn't sat right with me but it feels like you began the ISO with your mind already made up that she's going to be a scumread and everything (not just 'a lot of things') ping you, and you found a reason to scumread everything without the consideration that some of these moments could have come from a town perspective. You admitted more than once you were being picky about stuff.

What is your understanding of town Locket? I only have a game from a long while ago to go off, your expectations are high to expect her to pressure people like shaebae more, we had to pressure her a lot to push her to try when she was town.

The Punchy teaming speculation is ??? I feel like saying she's paired with him just because she entered with that bizzare Punchy poetry pr read is a bit of a reach?

And tbh I love to say tbh and I'm feeling feeling very attacked by that statement tbqfh

I'm by no means ready to townread Locket just yet but this feels like a lot? I got what I asked for in someone reading further into her at least but that's not what makes me hesitant about Locket, it's the sheeping that happened. She echoed people's suspicion on myself and others while not explaining her agreement and take on it.

I'm not dead set on you being mafia yet @Geoni, but sometimes town can sheep strong players like you (did it myself D1 unintentionally) and I am a lot more comfortable this game if I know there are at least a couple eyes of suspicion on you. You haven't done anything overtly bad in the game yet, and I also don't think you've done anything overtly good either, which is why I'm suspicious of you. I also dislike how you just ignored shawo's posts on the NL math he was doing instead of actually considering it. He raised a lot of really good points so it surprised me. I know the EOD rush was crazy, though.

I did cover the NL discussion briefly Trundle! ISO my EoD.

I'm comfortable saying both are town rn but I'll have to reevaluate given everything that's gone on. Like I said with Locket, I almost have to townlean Trundle at this point given her voting.

Not the other 98% of content regarding Trundle?

@tae are you kidding me ? ... "shes usually scum queen. shes the one liney quiet one in thread but one of the bigger voices when orchestrating behind scenes."

please show me where I've been "one of the bigger voices when orchestrating behind the scenes" .. ? I've been town like honestly, 90% of the games I've played and only really played a half way decide mafia member in one game that I can recall (don't know the name) but the whole game I was just filling the thread with help but useless info on how to play the game for the newbies... sooooo please please please show me where I have played like this before as mafia.... don't worry ill wait.

At the time, I wasn't afraid of anyone because it's been so long since I've played or even watched a mafia game. I almost completely forgot who were really really experienced and those who are new.

The stanza stuff did not become anything.

I town-leaned them because masons are generally town. I no longer have the same thoughts on Punchy and Sheabae.

I was going off of what other people had posted, saying that Shawo claimed cop. At this point, I was kinda lost and trying to figure out what had happened and where.

During EoD, I was making dinner and finishing up school work. I came back to multiple pages of new postsabout 30 or so minutes after EoD.
I read very, VERY quickly over EoD and wasn't able to sort out my thoughts about what happened.

I don't have any really strong opinions on anyone right now, but I will go through everyone's posts and read EoD againand post thoughts after that.

Looking forward to that analysis and would appreciate if you get some type of new read before day begins.

When I wrote that I was catching up one thread I had just gotten home and was in the middle of reading the NL stuff. By the time I was actually in the thread NL was definitely not happening. I finished reading the thread when there were 5 minutes 9-10 minutes left. At that point there is nothing more I could have done to defend myself (it would be beating a dead horse). I'm not sure if you have read the whoel thread, but I thought it was kind of obvious.

Mog's hesitation of Trundle here and on her list before this one feel healthy from her perspective, still fine with Mog for now I think.

@tae are you kidding me ? ... "shes usually scum queen. shes the one liney quiet one in thread but one of the bigger voices when orchestrating behind scenes."

please show me where I've been "one of the bigger voices when orchestrating behind the scenes" .. ? I've been town like honestly, 90% of the games I've played and only really played a half way decide mafia member in one game that I can recall (don't know the name) but the whole game I was just filling the thread with help but useless info on how to play the game for the newbies... sooooo please please please show me where I have played like this before as mafia.... don't worry ill wait.

we'rent you in the cult game w/ me?
i could have swore we were cult together but i could be remembering wrong?

the tone in tae’s reads felt weird

will go on computer in a second

oath is still coasty

need more from him

also are people still tied up about me writing like this

it’s nai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back