• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Tarot [DAY 3]

Did anyone else re-read tom's posts? He never really contributed much to anything.... and this is what he said about the Ness vote.

He really wanted us to know that he was neutral in that affair... seems sketchy (later I point out what he said before this)
Just so many times he posts like he is feigning disinterest! but I think he is just trying to keep it cool

Like I don't doubt you have personal things going on, but was that really necessary to say too? even if it is the truth, it just looks bad

Here he casually tries to defend Ness
He did try to do on a read on Tardis, who is clearly the easiest target and the case didn't really seem too solid, because he based it on 1. the Major/ Minor Arcanas which is a meh argument imo
2. Just the fact that Tardis is inexperienced, which we all know by now

he also claimed to have "messed up" his bolding.... putting Ness on mafia, despite defending him. All of this before we knew Ness was mafia, so that seems like a freaking major slip-up to casually "mess up" he put his mess up in Caps too... so he was legit concerned about this "bolding mistake"
Haven't contributed much because I've been busy and literally day one set the tone for how this game was going to go up until Xine showed up. Honestly as nice as winning would be, I didn't really care because everyone was memeing and bickering over the tiniest ****. Crys was legitimately the only one trying to start conversations and nobody liked that.

I would hardly call not voting Ness being "neutral" in the affair. Honestly until today besides Xine hardly any of you were bothering to look at post filters, so I hoped that if I died during night that at the very least you bums would look at votes and remember "Oh yeah, Tom mentioned Tardis! Let's see what that was about!" I legitimately have no interest in the game right now nor I do I have a major interest in anything right now. You know what I wanna do? Sleep. What I've been doing the past couple days? Sleep. Wake up, wash up, still wanna sleep. Legitimately in this depressive funk where I wanna do is sleep. So yeah, not trying to play cool because depression blows kids.

Yes because someone will eventually ask "Why aren't you contributing Tommy? Help us!" Meanwhile I just wanna channel Rorschach and whisper no from some rooftop.

Hardly defending Ness, more like mocking his town play and legitimately wondering when it bled over into his scum play according to Hayden.

1) "Minor/Major Arcanas is meh"
LITERALLY HAVE YOU READ THE THREAD SON, ALL THE POWER ROLES HAVE BEEN MAJOR ARCANAS. THE EMPEROR, THE EMPRESS, THE HIGH PRIESTESS, AND THE MAGICIAN HAVE ALL BEEN POWER ROLES. LIKE WHAT EVEN, THIS ISN'T A THEORY ANYMORE THIS IS CLEARLY THE TRUTH. TARDIS CLAIMED TOWER, TOWER HASN'T BEEN CC'D AND MAFIA COULD HAVE ANOTHER ROLEBLOCKER/FRAMER? THEY CLAIMED VANILLA TOWN AS A MAJOR ARCANA. FFS

2) I KNOW TARDIS IS A NEW PLAYER, YOU KNOW IT, THE WORLD KNOWS IT. YOU DIDN'T NEED A SECOND FRIGGIN BULLETPOINT

Never did I defend Ness. I didn't mess up my bolding with my list. Christ what a reach there. My messed up bolding was here:

I'm leaning more towards two, I think it'd be easy for people to claim one Arcana and because we're naturally thinking BLUE BLOOD back off. But at the same time if we apply the logic that townies and mafia goons are Minor Arcanas, it makes plenty of sense to apply the logic of "BLUES" and "MAFIA PR" are Major Arcanas. That's why instead of bandwagoning on Ness since besides the Inkling vote on Toadsworthy, I'd rather vote Tardis. I can practically promise you that most, if not all of mafia is hiding in that bandwagon.

Not anywhere else in that post. I spent time making sure the bolding on my "list" was correct because hell if I'd look like I was defending mafia.

Honestly that was your case? Your reasoning blows.

- - - Post Merge - - -

what does this mean?

Bussing is the act of making someone look bad and they are bad, so that when they die you look good or viceversa.

IE: Ness wanted to buss Dolby, so when Ness flips Dolby looks good!

- - - Post Merge - - -

but with how it came at the same time as we were on the Ness Lynch Hype train, and it just seemed like such an easy-to-make argument to try to get the heat off his scum buddy. Plus look how he played up until then... Sarcastic, brash, little defensive at times but always casual. He really only spoke up when his scum buddy was in trouble. He did a casual and good attempt at it, but if he was gonna try to play mind tricks, I think he would've done it earlier to some degree. I don't really see this as Bussing there. With all this stuff I've reported, I am pretty set in thinking Tardis and Dolby are town

If I really wanted to "take the heat off Ness" as you seem to believe, wouldn't I have tried a little harder? "Like hey guys, Crys was really pulling out of their ass here but I legitimately think I've found scum and that's Tardis. Can we please pull majority off Ness and vote Tardis instead? Then we can let Ness die as Jack/Crys die as Jester/Mafia!" There was no defense of Ness.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, your scum buddy ****ed up Tom. GG. NOBODY EVEN CAUGHT IT UNTIL LATER. so I will come back to this I promise. I'm just going in order of the thread.

[/quote]
You and all the others skimmed Tardis' claim good job. I feel like I'm in capable town hands right now because instead of reading to comprehend, we're reading to skim. :) Okay class, what did we learn about sparknotes?

I thought this was hilarious, really. He JUST did what ness did. He just claimed a PR and then claimed town. Mafia should've gotten their safe claims together before actually posting them IMO.
Also, mafia should learn if theyre going to try and claim a BLUE role - don't just say your role and act like it's all good. I mean, you're already going all out and putting a HUGE target on yourself, might as well give some info/description on what you can actually do - except they don't and can't because their powers relate to mafia.
I dunno I'd almost give Ness one corn chip on the Jack thing, but clearly he didn't think it through when he came up with the "jailkeep" ****.

Then, Tom finally comes back.
Daddy's home! :D

Alright so Tom could've done two things.
1. Try and get the pressure off Tardis (too much work for him really lets be real)
2. Buss him. Which is what he obviously chose to do in his read.
1. I mean aside from not being scum, I gotta agree I can work some silver tongued miracles but I'd have to sell half a body to maybe help the sinking call box that is the Tardis.
2. Or ya know it's actually a weak case against a weak player?

Of course I didn't see that before day 2 ended, and I had said that my sus of Tom was gone. Heyden (RIP) posted his reads right before Night 2 and look what his read on Tom was:

Ultimately Heyden's read, and that FINAL sentence is what got him killed.
In his read - "I was originally going to rule him off as slightly suspicious, but it weird where he basically scumread everyone"
See:

Notice how he put ME as green? Only because I was blind and didn't see he was obvious scum, I wasn't a threat. and who's gonna put xine at a sus level? xine posted an amazing read on his scumbuddy/ness which also led to ness's lynch. It's just smart play - he knew xine would be 100% trusted by town once Ness was lynched, if he had any sus of xine it'd be all over for him.
Heyden was suspicious of me in the end because I had more people labeled as middle of the road rather than town. Such a crazy theory. It's almost as if I didn't really feel like any of them were town, but labeling everyone as scum doesn't make sense either! Gosh, it's almost like some of them could be interchangeable with the reds or the greens! What a pretty word interchangeable. Damn. Ya know, it's almost like mafia saw Heyden's thoughts and figured "Hey, why not get town to mislynch? It'd be pretty funny and easy since Tom will probably just make a basic defense and then afk the rest of the day."

God it's almost as if I put you as town because I felt like you were acting in town's best interests. But that can't be right for this tale of Crys', Tom's gotta look like he's pulling wool over somebody's eyes. Xine too oh mmm gee.

Honestly I'm not lying down and letting Crys steamroll town. I can't kill and as far as I'm aware, I can't visit anyone. So what does that leave us with?

1) Crys is watcher and I'm a big liar. Meybe... Meybe, but I'm not lying.
2) Crys is mafia, they decided to off Ness in a power play to come off as town and to give credence to being a watcher. After all if there's no watcher, there's no counterclaims, and well hey we've got a stew cooking.
3) Crys is watcher and I'm not vanilla town, but unaware drunk (still town mind you). I wouldn't get a choice in who I visited as a drunk, so I could potentially show up on a dead player's doorstep with a bad roll of luck.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oops messed up my quoting with all my sassanger

You and all the others skimmed Tardis' claim good job. I feel like I'm in capable town hands right now because instead of reading to comprehend, we're reading to skim. :) Okay class, what did we learn about sparknotes?
This I honestly don't even know what to say really.

I dunno I'd almost give Ness one corn chip on the Jack thing, but clearly he didn't think it through when he came up with the "jailkeep" ****.
Fair enough / agreed.

1. I mean aside from not being scum, I gotta agree I can work some silver tongued miracles but I'd have to sell half a body to maybe help the sinking call box that is the Tardis.
2. Or ya know it's actually a weak case against a weak player?
Again, fair enough. What if I hadn't called him out though? Obviously there is no knowing the answer to this but I'm pretty certain you would've let it slide and then told him to just not post anymore in your scum chat

Heyden was suspicious of me in the end because I had more people labeled as middle of the road rather than town. Such a crazy theory. It's almost as if I didn't really feel like any of them were town, but labeling everyone as scum doesn't make sense either! Gosh, it's almost like some of them could be interchangeable with the reds or the greens! What a pretty word interchangeable. Damn. Ya know, it's almost like mafia saw Heyden's thoughts and figured "Hey, why not get town to mislynch? It'd be pretty funny and easy since Tom will probably just make a basic defense and then afk the rest of the day."
Typical response really from anyone who looks like scum after night ends.

God it's almost as if I put you as town because I felt like you were acting in town's best interests. But that can't be right for this tale of Crys', Tom's gotta look like he's pulling wool over somebody's eyes. Xine too oh mmm gee.

Honestly I'm not lying down and letting Crys steamroll town. I can't kill and as far as I'm aware, I can't visit anyone. So what does that leave us with?

2) Crys is mafia, they decided to off Ness in a power play to come off as town and to give credence to being a watcher. After all if there's no watcher, there's no counterclaims, and well hey we've got a stew cooking.
3) Crys is watcher and I'm not vanilla town, but unaware drunk (still town mind you). I wouldn't get a choice in who I visited as a drunk, so I could potentially show up on a dead player's doorstep with a bad roll of luck.
So, you feel as if I were acting in towns best interest, yet in the beginning of your response you basically mocked town and said we're incapable all because it took me a few hours to look back and see Tardis slip. Ooookay.
- - - Post Merge - - -

oops messed up my quoting with all my sassanger
sassscumanger indeed.

Actually the 3rd option is definitely possible.
but c'mon. Tardis? really? Do you think he could frame you into looking this scummy? There's gotta be someone in scum who is experienced and knew exactly what they were doing.
So any leads you might have would be helpful, considering as of right now you still look scummy to me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Btw that wasn't saying Tardis isn't scum - oh he definitely is without a doubt.
I just mean someone else who is more experienced rather than him to lynch - for your reads.

ayyy, reading over some of your claims now, just woke up, kinda messy so bare with me-

if tardis really is a pr role, we can assume there's at least 1 to 2 mafia pr's still into play.
we killed ness, the roleblocker. so we can assume there's probably a godfather and maybe one more mafia role out there. what that one might be, i don't know but i'm pretty certain each game usually has a godfather, and judging by how they've managed to kill off so many of town's blue roles, i can maybe assume they have a role cop? (is that possible? correct me if i'm wrong idk basic roles for mafia other than goon, roleblocker, and godfather, but the wiki says that role cop is often a picked as well. )

- - - Post Merge - - -

now that being said, if tardis IS a pr role, they're probably /not/ the godfather given that they're really new and inexperienced. which leads me to believe that either jacob or tom would be the godfather in this game, which leaves the other to just maybe be a goon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

but reading over the fact that tardis did claim a major arcanas role, it kinda throws things off a bit.

- - - Post Merge - - -

yep i just saw that now. agreed that was weird, and not to mention the fact that was Jacob's day 2 opening post and he didn't even seem to give a damn our cop was lynched

ok is it just me or is "**** DOCTOR NO" ...not convincing
its like trying too hard to be convincing.

anyways I will be waiting for your tardis read, Jacob. :lemon:

i really want to hear more from jacob because he's really just came in, recapped, posted a "read" on toad and left again.
he's here enough to be considered "active" but not enough to convince me he's town.. even xine called him out for being uncertain and sounding like he's not confident in his reads which makes me believe he posted the read just to kinda prove that he's "working for town" bc at the time, toad was under a lot of fire wasn't he?

Alexi said:
Are you scum?
But look at Tom's posts throughout this game, he has been so sarcastically straightforward, if he was going to try to play some strategy, I think it would've been more apparent thus far. I do understand what you are saying now about Tardis and the role claim thing. But it can't be that obvious about Tom then essentially saying were screwed gg. And I wouldn't see it as nervous mafia, just... bad mafia. and if we think Tardis is the Mafia big wig, should we go for them? or just keep votes on Tom now?

And @tom I am not trying to downplay anything going on in your life, because we all have stuff going on... But when you try to force it on us like that. It is gonna make you look worse.

ayyy, reading over some of your claims now, just woke up, kinda messy so bare with me-

if tardis really is a pr role, we can assume there's at least 1 to 2 mafia pr's still into play.
we killed ness, the roleblocker. so we can assume there's probably a godfather and maybe one more mafia role out there. what that one might be, i don't know but i'm pretty certain each game usually has a godfather, and judging by how they've managed to kill off so many of town's blue roles, i can maybe assume they have a role cop? (is that possible? correct me if i'm wrong idk basic roles for mafia other than goon, roleblocker, and godfather, but the wiki says that role cop is often a picked as well. )

- - - Post Merge - - -

now that being said, if tardis IS a pr role, they're probably /not/ the godfather given that they're really new and inexperienced. which leads me to believe that either jacob or tom would be the godfather in this game, which leaves the other to just maybe be a goon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

but reading over the fact that tardis did claim a major arcanas role, it kinda throws things off a bit.

pretty much yezzzir.
the question is... whos the godfather.
I lean more towards Tom rather than Jacob
To be honest.. I tried to write out a Jacob scum read after my 1st one but ... I just couldn't.
the only thing sus of him is his opening day 2 post compared to his opening day 3 post
and then theres toadsworthy because hes ALWAYS SUSPICIOUS. seriously.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But look at Tom's posts throughout this game, he has been so sarcastically straightforward, if he was going to try to play some strategy, I think it would've been more apparent thus far. I do understand what you are saying now about Tardis and the role claim thing. But it can't be that obvious about Tom then essentially saying were screwed gg. And I wouldn't see it as nervous mafia, just... bad mafia. and if we think Tardis is the Mafia big wig, should we go for them? or just keep votes on Tom now?

And @tom I am not trying to downplay anything going on in your life, because we all have stuff going on... But when you try to force it on us like that. It is gonna make you look worse.

I just wrote up a huge scumread on Tom lmfAo
but really.... you dont see how tardis is scum??
to answer your question; no. because Tom of whoever it may be is experienced. Tardis isnt.

I just saw your last post on the last page... I didn't know all that had happened with tardis, and they usually respond to all posts aimed at them, no matter how long ago, but you are right in being suspicious about them never responding with their read on ness

i think there could very well have been a plan to use crys (if they are scum) to gain town's trust with their "watcher readings" in order to throw off town and ultimately use their "claims" to start the next manhunt the start of every new day.

i'm tired of saying this, but it blows my mind how many people truly believe / consider crys to be a legitimate watcher.

- - - Post Merge - - -

pretty much yezzzir.
To be honest.. I tried to write out a Jacob scum read after my 1st one but ... I just couldn't.
the only thing sus of him is his opening day 2 post compared to his opening day 3 post

exactly though, jacob hasn't been here enough to give us a legit reading on him. don't you think that's scummy.
he's here enough to be present but not enough to stick out / give us a legitimate claim on him. he's said a few weird things and his reactions towards the death of our blue roles seems so fake i could cringe.

i think there could very well have been a plan to use crys (if they are scum) to gain town's trust with their "watcher readings" in order to throw off town and ultimately use their "claims" to start the next manhunt the start of every new day.

i'm tired of saying this, but it blows my mind how many people truly believe / consider crys to be a legitimate watcher.

yeah but I didn't really need crys's "findings" to lead me to believe tom is scum.
i mean I guess it helped..? but my entire scumread off of him were other reasons than just what crys said "happened"

yeah but I didn't really need crys's "findings" to lead me to believe tom is scum.
i mean I guess it helped..? but my entire scumread off of him were other reasons than just what crys said "happened"

tom was always sus, lots of people agreed on that, and i think he's sus too, but i honestly think jacob / tardis might be the bigger threats here. tom probably just calls the shots bc he's just a goon, or maybe he's the "scum drunk ;')" where as jacob and tardis are probably the pr's.

pretty much yezzzir.
and then theres toadsworthy because hes ALWAYS SUSPICIOUS. seriously.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just wrote up a huge scumread on Tom lmfAo
but really.... you dont see how tardis is scum??
to answer your question; no. because Tom of whoever it may be is experienced. Tardis isnt.

I just said I re-read over it. and for those reasons yes I can see Tardis as a very transparent and mistaken mafia. I understand Tom looks like he got pissed when Tardis came out like that and tried distancing as a ditch effort to keep their anonymity. And I get that Tom is feeding into Tardis' experience whether for better or worse

Plus I just said in that post you quoted that I am beginning to see you alls' points about Tardis begin scummy

exactly though, jacob hasn't been here enough to give us a legit reading on him. don't you think that's scummy.
he's here enough to be present but not enough to stick out / give us a legitimate claim on him. he's said a few weird things and his reactions towards the death of our blue roles seems so fake i could cringe.

tom was always sus, lots of people agreed on that, and i think he's sus too, but i honestly think jacob / tardis might be the bigger threats here. tom probably just calls the shots bc he's just a goon, or maybe he's the "scum drunk ;')" where as jacob and tardis are probably the pr's.

Yeah I get you. I really would love to read Jacob's read on Tardis that he promised tho. So I'll wait for that. c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just said I re-read over it. and for those reasons yes I can see Tardis as a very transparent and mistaken mafia. I understand Tom looks like he got pissed when Tardis came out like that and tried distancing as a ditch effort to keep their anonymity. And I get that Tom is feeding into Tardis' experience whether for better or worse

Plus I just said in that post you quoted that I am beginning to see you alls' points about Tardis begin scummy

i just wanted to see your reaction, my bad.

yeah I just said that a little bit ago, but I feel like we have more on Tom. where if we back down from that now, I feel like we may get jumbled and confused

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I tried looking at Jacob's posts too when I made my scum read on Tom last night.... and there wasn't as much to go off of or anything too sus

i'm really interested in seeing the action log when game is over.

i really want to know how the doctor died. and how scum knew it was trundle. blue sniping? idk. thats one lucky guess though seriously.

i'm really interested in seeing the action log when game is over.

i really want to know how the doctor died. and how scum knew it was trundle. blue sniping? idk. thats one lucky guess though seriously.

this. exactly this. it's almost like they /knew/ previous roles.
what are the chances that they'd kill our doctor, esp bc if i remember correctly didn't trundle go under a bit of sus too? why would they kill town who had people sus of them when they could have kept that town alive in order to help push the fire onto them. and given that we had 3 replacements? well 4 now that ink quit, it rubs me the wrong way.

I had no idea who to pick for any blue roles so far, so the fact that the mafia was able to get about all of them is freaking OP...

so can i add some more sus stuff since i just love pointing out the scummiest in scum:

Everyones first post after seeing our DOCTOR and townie die.

oh gah... whose all even left!! ?!?!?
really not a reaction i'd assume from town... but it's null to me.
our ****ing doctor are you kidding me.
town, obv.
well this is some grade a bull**** for town.
also, welcome to the **** show tina.
town, obv.
Okay it's gotta be Dolby leading the charge, this has blue sniping written all over it and that's his jam as mafia. Not only was his "not defense of Ness" pathetic, but he's been incredibly silent this game only chirping up when it's been opportune to him and his interests. Yes I am aware of Ness purposely calling out Dolby, but at the same time he was probably hoping we'd ignore it.
lol ? SCUM ALERT quick to divert the attention to dolby. this screams red to me, and i really hope it does for the rest of town too.

actually no. I watched you last night, and it seems you had a fun sensual and deadly night with Heyden.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also you didn't vote for ness and that's already scummy.
idk with crys w/e the heck he is i believe this. i highly doubt he bussed ness, rather he got a scum claim for town which we NEEDED. town, obv.

Or scum could just be using my scumreads to kill people since they know that I'm good at picking out who has PRs compared to being townies. Wouldn't be the first time. I had a scumread on Trundle during D2 and I mentioned Heyden as someone who I was feeling iffy about
in dolby's defense, he pretty much had to defend himself in response to Tom's quick scummy post. town, obv.

**** DOCTOR NO

Welcome to the game Tina!

ok i gotta b up early tmr, promised Tardis read coming tomorrow
like i commented on earlier, way diff reaction to when our cop died. seems to be trying too hard to appear as town, imo.

I did not join the Ness Bandwagon I voted for Ness because for afew reasons.
1. Doing a big Claim like Jack Of All Trades was a move so they didn't get lynched but they got lynched anyway.
2. I only see Jack Of All Trades in a game that has a main character like 1 of TBT Mafia that was Lord Of The Rings.
3. Some games they have a role that is close of Jack Of All Trades like the The Binding of Isaac but they don't call it Jack Of All Trades of cource The main character in that game had a item that was a Jack Of All Trades the D6.
That is my reasons. And sorry for the late replys the topic was closed.
hi scum :) tardis doesnt even care about the deaths either.

DAMN i really wish I added those comments from Tom and Tardis in my other post.

What we need to do first is to take into account of Trundle and Heyden's reads to see if they said anything that potentially got them killed.
town, obv.

I think thats everyone.. Xine has yet to post, and Tina but obviously Tina has way too much to catch up on.

IIRC drunks can't be mafia smh

Officer Hopps reporting for duty.

I've made a start on reading but I've not even managed to get through all of Day 1 yet. I'll keep reading throughout today and try to post something after I get home (in about five hours). But could someone please tell me who the other replaced users were (Sugarella/Xerolin and shiida I think?) and who ended up replacing each person? Thanks.

:)

Officer Hopps reporting for duty.

I've made a start on reading but I've not even managed to get through all of Day 1 yet. I'll keep reading throughout today and try to post something after I get home (in about five hours). But could someone please tell me who the other replaced users were (Sugarella/Xerolin and shiida I think?) and who ended up replacing each person? Thanks.

:)

hi tina!
just gonna quote justice on that:
Xine replaced sugarella, trundle replaced shiida, and tardis replaced blue dog xl.

Back