• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Tarot [DAY 3]

Again, fair enough. What if I hadn't called him out though? Obviously there is no knowing the answer to this but I'm pretty certain you would've let it slide and then told him to just not post anymore in your scum chat
I was going to call Tardis out regardless, not ignore scum! "Oh hey town, I found scum but... Ya know I don't feel like posting their name. K bye!"

So, you feel as if I were acting in towns best interest, yet in the beginning of your response you basically mocked town and said we're incapable all because it took me a few hours to look back and see Tardis slip. Ooookay.

Actually the 3rd option is definitely possible.
but c'mon. Tardis? really? Do you think he could frame you into looking this scummy? There's gotta be someone in scum who is experienced and knew exactly what they were doing.
So any leads you might have would be helpful, considering as of right now you still look scummy to me.

Btw that wasn't saying Tardis isn't scum - oh he definitely is without a doubt.
I just mean someone else who is more experienced rather than him to lynch - for your reads.
I feel like I reserve the right to mock you all a little if you're going to lynch me based off something I didn't do, especially when we're getting closer and closer to mylo.

Framers cannot make anyone visit another player, merely fake their alignment to inspections. In this case if Crys is being truthful about their role, me being a secret drunk and having terrible RNG just like in Fire Emblem is what's making me look bad. Ness definitely seemed like he had a gameplan, Jacob's been scum before and I pointed out earlier in the game Jacob seemed to be coasting again kinda like he did in Papers Please Mafia. Ultimately if we truly believe there's a TBT Mafia Veteran on scum team, that leaves me, Dolby, and Crys (not counting Tina since she just joined us). Ultimately the only other big player I would consider is Xine, only because we ought to fear the unknown.

Xine replaced sugarella, trundle replaced shiida, and tardis replaced blue dog xl.

@ tina

- - - Post Merge - - -

@alexi stop beating me to the damn punch.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Framers cannot make anyone visit another player, merely fake their alignment to inspections. In this case if Crys is being truthful about their role, me being a secret drunk and having terrible RNG just like in Fire Emblem is what's making me look bad. Ness definitely seemed like he had a gameplan, Jacob's been scum before and I pointed out earlier in the game Jacob seemed to be coasting again kinda like he did in Papers Please Mafia. Ultimately if we truly believe there's a TBT Mafia Veteran on scum team, that leaves me, Dolby, and Crys (not counting Tina since she just joined us). Ultimately the only other big player I would consider is Xine, only because we ought to fear the unknown.

i'm really sticking to the idea that jacob is scum. i really am.

lol ? SCUM ALERT quick to divert the attention to dolby. this screams red to me, and i really hope it does for the rest of town too.

idk with crys w/e the heck he is i believe this. i highly doubt he bussed ness, rather he got a scum claim for town which we NEEDED. town, obv.
I don't see how jumping straight to business instead mourning the loss of our doctor is scummy, it's more cutting through the **** so there's less fatty posts. Dolby's infamous for killing power roles as mafia and seeing how so far they've managed to perfectly destroy town minus you guys lynching Cory, the shoe almost fits! I wish I could achieve the level of blue sniping I'm being accused of, but alas I'm merely VT/Drunk.

And allow me an alternate take on Day 2 based off my second theory:

Crys claims The Moon and Watcher before Ness did correct? 11:17 PM EST/EDT after Day 2 starts. 11:43 PM EST/EDT Crys comes out and says their role more openly rather than a softclaim again ("I am the Moon"). 12:30 AM EST/EDT Ness comes out with his counterclaim for The Moon.

Okay so practically everyone playing the game checks in around Day Start and then bounces because school/work/sleep so if someone wanted to bait a real watcher out, it'd be around Day Start when you want to do so. If Mafia is Crys/Ness/Jacob/Tardis, then I could see them attempting to remove any final problem that could hinder scum victory. After all, doctor they could eventually kill or roleblock to death (which they have). No one counter claims though, so they opt to go a different way to seize an opportunity. Push Ness hard, Ness "busses" Dolby, and Crys will come out looking like a legitimate watcher. Crys comes off looking pro-town because of it and ultimately Crys will never die so long as they continue to feed town information.

why you gotta make me question my first well thought out/typed out scum read.

ugh... well. okay. i'd love to hear xine's read. i hope they can come on soon - we still have plenty of time anyways.
(and of course tina's, but tbh i'm not expecting her to catch up on 3 days worth and then have a huge scum read so.. yea, xine pls.)

And allow me an alternate take on Day 2 based off my second theory:

Crys claims The Moon and Watcher before Ness did correct? 11:17 PM EST/EDT after Day 2 starts. 11:43 PM EST/EDT Crys comes out and says their role more openly rather than a softclaim again ("I am the Moon"). 12:30 AM EST/EDT Ness comes out with his counterclaim for The Moon.

Okay so practically everyone playing the game checks in around Day Start and then bounces because school/work/sleep so if someone wanted to bait a real watcher out, it'd be around Day Start when you want to do so. If Mafia is Crys/Ness/Jacob/Tardis, then I could see them attempting to remove any final problem that could hinder scum victory. After all, doctor they could eventually kill or roleblock to death (which they have). No one counter claims though, so they opt to go a different way to seize an opportunity. Push Ness hard, Ness "busses" Dolby, and Crys will come out looking like a legitimate watcher. Crys comes off looking pro-town because of it and ultimately Crys will never die so long as they continue to feed town information.

this is actually a really beautiful explanation, tom.
and it really makes a decent amount of sense given that crys had that D1 safeguard of "jester" so nobody wanted to touch them which secured their safety for N1. their "the moon, i'm the watcher" claim is now their new safe guard until someone cc's them (which i think may really just be a way to pick out the last few roles so mafia can kill those.) it's like crys can be the fool out in the open playing townie, while real mafia sits back and skims by waiting to snipe at night.

or maybe i didn't get your point and i'm an idiot, so sorry about that.

this is actually a really beautiful explanation, tom.
and it really makes a decent amount of sense given that crys had that D1 safeguard of "jester" so nobody wanted to touch them which secured their safety for N1. their "the moon, i'm the watcher" claim is now their new safe guard until someone cc's them (which i think may really just be a way to pick out the last few roles so mafia can kill those.) it's like crys can be the fool out in the open playing townie, while real mafia sits back and skims by waiting to snipe at night.

or maybe i didn't get your point and i'm an idiot, so sorry about that.
Well you mostly get it so I won't nitpick, but ultimately I don't think Crys is going to claim any other role since at this point it would be suicide.

you know i don't want to sound like i'm all over the place..
but i'd be okay with a tardis lynch. (i've been okay with it since he claimed) but i wasn't really looking at it in this way:
he has a freaking mafia power role. even if one of the experienced players are in scum somewhere, they can't do that much damage without their pr.

you know i don't want to sound like i'm all over the place..
but i'd be okay with a tardis lynch. (i've been okay with it since he claimed) but i wasn't really looking at it in this way:
he has a freaking mafia power role. even if one of the experienced players are in scum somewhere, they can't do that much damage without their pr.

this is true. and honestly, although i'm uncertain if tom is really just a town drunk, i don't think i can bring myself to believe crys' watcher readings. it makes more sense that there could be tardis sitting as scum pr, someone like jacob or crys sitting as godfather / mafia goon.

this is true. and honestly, although i'm uncertain if tom is really just a town drunk, i don't think i can bring myself to believe crys' watcher readings. it makes more sense that there could be tardis sitting as scum pr, someone like jacob or crys sitting as godfather / mafia goon.

Jacob im sure will come through with the Tardis read but...
Tom already did one. I (sort of) did one in conjunction with Tom.
Crys said town had ****ed up when Tardis claimed which is interesting (and i will come back to this)
and everyone else just hinted at it being sus but nothing big - so I mean it's just something easy for jacob to claim and really it's all starting to come together for me atm. but anyways, will be back later today/tonight. I hope whoever voted Tom already will realize it's much safer to vote for the obvious mafia PR.

- - - Post Merge - - -

so basically yea tae i agree 100%
finally

Tardis2016

alright this is obviously some bull**** that we need to analyze. Tardis is scum trying to coast. Certain of it. (as for Tom i have no further reads from what you guys have aimlessly spewed across the thread so as of this point I do believe he is scum also, not really as much as Tardis tho.)

> Ok so Tardis has made a whooping 16 posts as of this point (can't say better then me tho) all with 0 helpful reads/leads/information that we should be getting at this point. Enough of this guessing game guys. Post facts, slips and reads. Thats how we avoid mislynching.

First this I wanna bring up is the glorious m e t a
So this is only Tardis's 2nd game so obviously meta won't affect him very much but it can't hurt to look into these things.

The first game Tardis played, "Medical Mafia", was a micro game and yet he still had 26 posts. Keeping in mind he was townie that game, and the game had 178 whole posts. That means that 13%-15% of the entire thread was Tardis.
This game, Tardis has 1.1% (if even that) of the posts made up. Playing quiet is a tactic yes but going from 2nd most active to 3rd least active is indeed s c u m m y

Quote time

Try and not ask a lot of Mafia questions or people will think you are a scum.
No :lemon: its not scummy at all actually
However Panda (town) earlier mentioned to not spam the thread with unnecessary questions that were in the OP. Tardis was prob like "oh yea Panda is town so I will say that too!" but screwed up and tried to get the new members to look suspicious for asking questions.
Asking questions about mafia is not and should not be a scum tactic, don't try to treat it like one Tardis. (Unless it were an experienced member asking questions, which none were.)

Basically it was early and Tardis was trying to appeal to Panda and make similar points as her because he knew she wasn't on the scum team.

For anyone who want to know I'ma tower.
No one asked you but good know ur safe claim! and then not explain it until like 10 hours later!
I don't know if he was feeling like pressured or something?? Or if he just wanted to get out his claim so he wouldn't have to worry about it later and just revert back to when he claimed 2 days ago. I have no idea why he decided to claim this early, unless he was like paranoid that people were on him?
Claiming a green role isn't a huge problem but again no one even asked and no one was pushing you.

replys:
1. I'm a normal town member
2. everyone was telling their roles so I thought it would be okay with telling what my role is.
Here were his answers for why he claimed. Still weak answer but I can respect them I guess.
As I've mentioned before in other games, normal town member is probably the easiest role to claim. If you ever claim something like that the best thing to do is to offer a little more information. "Im a normal town member." Don't believe it.

2. Not many people we're claiming at all actually. Only the people who were in danger or being pressed. Which was like 2 or 3 people tops. Not everyone was claiming. Could be a noob move but none of the other new players claimed like that. Maybe its a noob move for mafia members.

Because you sound like you are a Scum.

Crys voted for you then you voted for Crys. That sounds like a Scum Imo.

Wow you keep changing your role I think I'll change my vote to you.

(Tardis's grade A reasons for his votes)
1 and 2 were all the reason he gave for voting Toadsworthy. Y couldn't you have just said you we're going with the bandwagon?? Was this a reaction test because you didn't really post any reads. You hardly if at all followed up with this and it really sounds like an easy gateway to hop on a bandwagon. These were weak reasons and extremely generic reason to vote.
I don't know Toad's role, but if he dies soon then I guess we know where Tardis will lie.

3. I don't have much to say about this actually. I just wanted to bring this up to you all so you can see how weak his explanations are.

I did not join the Ness Bandwagon I voted for Ness because for afew reasons.
1. Doing a big Claim like Jack Of All Trades was a move so they didn't get lynched but they got lynched anyway.
2. I only see Jack Of All Trades in a game that has a main character like 1 of TBT Mafia that was Lord Of The Rings.
3. Some games they have a role that is close of Jack Of All Trades like the The Binding of Isaac but they don't call it Jack Of All Trades of cource The main character in that game had a item that was a Jack Of All Trades the D6.
That is my reasons. And sorry for the late replys the topic was closed.
2 and 3 confuse me a lot. I thought you were new and only played 1 game before ever. Did your team mated tell you to write all of that? or did you wait until day 3 to explain so you could come up with all that.
I don't understand how you know about that role so much haha. Did N e s s tell you about it??

According to the Mafia wikyi the Jester has no power unless the person who made the Mafia game made it so that the jester has a power. I think Crys is a watcher and a Jester.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Jester
I don't really understand this, someone please explain it better to me.

yo Tardis is noob scum.
TLDR He's posting 0 reads that explain his votes and is feeding information that basically everyone knows. His meta is flipped from when he was town too, something to note.

and it looks like I have some responses to give to alexi and Tae. Sorry guys I'll get on that right now.

Tardis, who are your scum reads at the moment. All of them.
(Also need you to post more. If not more posts, then longer posts. If you are aren't on the scum team, prove it to me.)

Jesus guys this game.

I just finished reading Day 1 so sorry if this has already been said. Just a quick summary before I get back to reading:

> omg that cop lynch.
> Alexi & Dolby are town.
> One of m3ow_'s posts completely give her away as a non-townie. Obviously the mafia knew she wasn't on their side, so it's easy to see why she was a night 1 kill. Panda was playing aggressively and wasn't following the herd, so I imagine that's why she died. Seeing in the OP that Ness was scum, I bet he feared that she would come after him Day 2 for telling everyone to jump onto the Cory lynch she was pushing. Cory, despite his posting style, has proven to be a great asset when he's town-sided so of course he was going to push taking out a stronger player if he could get away with it.

Plz merge

why don't you ever play tho?
like, you're only ever her to point out what happened and then you leave all over again?
honestly you're always quiet when you're scum, (from what i've read in past games / critique threads.)
so you're really starting to give me bad vibes.

It was near midnight yesterday and I was tired. Needed to be up early for track practice, sorry.
As for the rest of the game, yea I can't really excuse myself for my incompetence. The weather here has been fluxuating and I dont like to bring personal life into mafia but ive been having mixed emotionals all week. Online mafia isn't my number 1 priority in life, but im trying haha
Real sorry

Fair/good point.

okay since everyone is literally all over the place PLEASE do this:
null | town | slight sus | high sus | scum

Tom
Dolby
inkling/Tina
crys
Xine
Tardis2016
jacob
mother of all llamas
taesaek
toadsworthy
- rly dont know what to think of toads right now.

Alexi
Tom
Dolby
Tina
crys
Xine
Tardis2016
mother of all llamas
taesaek
toadsworthy

omg I rly need to turn off email notifications lmao. im back

Jesus guys this game.

I just finished reading Day 1 so sorry if this has already been said. Just a quick summary before I get back to reading:

> omg that cop lynch.
> Alexi & Dolby are town.
> One of m3ow_'s posts completely give her away as a non-townie. Obviously the mafia knew she wasn't on their side, so it's easy to see why she was a night 1 kill. Panda was playing aggressively and wasn't following the herd, so I imagine that's why she died. Seeing in the OP that Ness was scum, I bet he feared that she would come after him Day 2 for telling everyone to jump onto the Cory lynch she was pushing. Cory, despite his posting style, has proven to be a great asset when he's town-sided so of course he was going to push taking out a stronger player if he could get away with it.

I am really loving the fact you are in this game... because that is 100% spot on.

@jacob: i'm glad you actually posted a read that has different points from Tom and I. Was assuming you'd just take those and re-word it around and make it sound convincing. (which is why I stated I was looking forward to it, ha.)
& I see your toadsworthy sus isn't gone.. which yknow, is something I sort of agree with.
Did you read the back and forth from today between tae/tom and I? what do you feel about Tom?

@jacob: i'm glad you actually posted a read that has different points from Tom and I. Was assuming you'd just take those and re-word it around and make it sound convincing. (which is why I stated I was looking forward to it, ha.)
& I see your toadsworthy sus isn't gone.. which yknow, is something I sort of agree with.
Did you read the back and forth from today between tae/tom and I? what do you feel about Tom?

Yea I'm caught up but I'm assuming I have the same thoughts that you do. Tom was a big bold red until that last page or whatever of replies that were fairly well constructed. However I know he is a good player so it could have easily been a bunch of bs so I kept him at orange if that makes sense. Tardis > Tom > Toad if that makes sense

- - - Post Merge - - -

I didn't mean to write "if that makes sense" twice

What's up with mother of all llamas? Like we never hear from them. What should we even make of them?

Yea I'm caught up but I'm assuming I have the same thoughts that you do. Tom was a big bold red until that last page or whatever of replies that were fairly well constructed. However I know he is a good player so it could have easily been a bunch of bs so I kept him at orange if that makes sense. Tardis > Tom > Toad if that makes sense

- - - Post Merge - - -

I didn't mean to write "if that makes sense" twice

hmmm. okay

What's up with mother of all llamas? Like we never hear from them. What should we even make of them?

we did hear from them. but we still have a ton of time for day 3.
why havent you unvoted Tom and voted Tardis ?

Ok I am beginning to see why everyone really thinks Tardis is scum.... Sorry I defended them a little bit. But it's hard for me comprehend bussing because This would be like the first example of it I would be seeing. But it makes sense that Tom would try to distance himself after Tardis did that weird claim thing.

I already said I woud be good on a Tardis lynch if we honestly think that's gonna lower their KP.... But I don't know if the tower thing really signifies that. I'm glad some people have knowledge of these tarot cards

I really am trying harder, I thought my partial scum read on Tom was pretty good.... Despite ending it with defending Tardis.

The idea of Crys doing all that is interesting, I mean it is a pretty good ruse to use jester and watcher claims to avoid dying. Because at this point we all don't what to think of them....

- - - Post Merge - - -

hmmm. okay

we did hear from them. but we still have a ton of time for day 3.
why havent you unvoted Tom and voted Tardis ?

Because I'm on mobile and at work. It's really slow lol....
But pls the last time I was pushed to change my vote, like you are doing now. We lynched Cory.

Ok I am beginning to see why everyone really thinks Tardis is scum.... Sorry I defended them a little bit. But it's hard for me comprehend bussing because This would be like the first example of it I would be seeing. But it makes sense that Tom would try to distance himself after Tardis did that weird claim thing.

I already said I woud be good on a Tardis lynch if we honestly think that's gonna lower their KP.... But I don't know if the tower thing really signifies that. I'm glad some people have knowledge of these tarot cards

I really am trying harder, I thought my partial scum read on Tom was pretty good.... Despite ending it with defending Tardis.

The idea of Crys doing all that is interesting, I mean it is a pretty good ruse to use jester and watcher claims to avoid dying. Because at this point we all don't what to think of them....

- - - Post Merge - - -

Because I'm on mobile and at work. It's really slow lol....
But pls the last time I was pushed to change my vote, like you are doing now. We lynched Cory.
okay but tardis is not blue
rly. just no. but thats okay, like i said - still lots of time left.
Maybe they are in a different time zone? @Jacob going to explain soon about your read on me.

why not mine ):

Back