• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

Advanced warning that I'll be busy all of tomorrow. Will be here for most of Sunday though, plane not crashing permitting.

Ooh, that reminds me :p I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and not coming home until Sunday morning/afternoon. I should be here to post once or twice for the day. Where I'm going doesn't have Internet... Or phone service because it's too close to the US border and you get charges. I have access to a phone but it's long distance fee, not that it matters.

@Dad

I've been attempting to respond to anyone that was willing to respond to me because I was trying to create some Day One discussion. I have been reading the thread, but I do work 8 hours a day Mon - Fri and pack when I get home (the day/night ends at 8am my time, so I miss participating in the bulk of discussion and wake up to ~15 pages). I'm honestly not try to stand in the shadows and condense everything in one BIG post due to time constraints. I obviously don't want to publicly claim because I've been dying N1 all the time now. If a DT would like to inspect me, that would be perfectly fine.

Now onto business in case I die.

I personally believe at LEAST 1 mafia member lies on this list due to there being 5:

Cariad

Now Cariad (aka MissNoodle aka MissNiamh) doesn't sit right with me. I've played with her in many games so far.

She was a blue in XCOM mafia and her posts were more coherent and well thought out (although she only posted twice). Just the overall tone of them comes off differently from her playstyle this game:

Hello everyone. Now, I won't be posting too much until my mafia has ended, but I will post.
Why did we hit majority in one hour? There was no point and there may have been better ideas from other people, but no. We just have to vote before everyone has even posted. Much sense in that?

I have no idea what to say. I do want the spam to stop. Oh great I'm sounding like a host again.
I'm going to post more at day and possibly make a case if anything comes forward.

It could just be me being nitpicky, but I noticed a difference in Cariad's typing from looking at her past games. She seems to be less careful as townie and mafia. In most of her townie games, the bulk of her posts consisted of talking about timezones and being inactive. Some of Cariad's posts that stuck out to me in this game:

But, considering those last actions, you could use that to hide :rolleyes:

I'm not really sure about an arsonist, it doesn't really seem like it'd be in the game tbh. maybe a serial killer (ooh British navy as sk lol) but we don't know.

I also think that Sataric is scum, to me he sounds like he is trying too hard to seem town. It's like a fake smile you put on. He just gives me that vibe.

With the KP I reckon we just have good doctors. It just seems most likely to me, and if there are 2 doctors then that's enough to protect two kills and maybe the mafia roleblocker blocked the serial killer (just a guess)

We prodded and prodded for people to post suspicions and all Cariad came up with was the same thing regurgitated about Sataric that like 5 others said before her. To me it seems like backpacking on other player's suspicion so you LOOK like you're doing something when you're not, which is what she has done pretty much all game.

testing town? is that a suggestion towards you being not town?

Again, we know that Dad is heavily into reaction testing. He has done it in every single game he has played, which is why I'm surprised at how she automatically attempted to get us to infer that he was scum. This is pretty much the kind of thing he was testing for. :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to vote SP, mainly for the reasons already said. It seems as if he is trying too hard to lynch Yui, and what if he isn't actually a townie? What if after seeing Lauren's monkey comments thought that it was the townie name?

Cariad jumps on SP after everyone has, repeating what they have all said as her reasons. SP is known for doing stupid stuff in games and lynching Yui because of a name was definitely one of them. I just find it interesting how easily Cariad has trailed after the suspicions of other people and basically said "OH YES THIS I AGREE ME TOO". I've put the random one-liners in a spoiler if anyone is interested, I don't have much to say about them other than how vastly the sentence structure and grammar contrasts with her blue posts above.

hi, checking in (yes I got to stay up late Tina, just for you)

I'm going to bed now, but I'll post again when I'm awake.

oh yeah. I guess I misunderstood it. whoops.

what? I wasn't saying your role was to do with monkeys...

JellofishXD

I feel the same way about Jellofish that I do about Cariad. We have been on Jello's case for posting a lot, so they've had to actually try. Usually they sit in the shadows and barely skirt by getting modkilled.

Sorry I checked yesterday in my time but it was just nonsense so I didn't have any thoughts I'm catching up now :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really have nothing other then everything everyone else has already said and if I said it I'd be called out for bandwagoning. I haven't read through everything but enough to know that C R Y S T A L is being like lunch te inactives they don't contribute but id really like to know what you've contributed (unless you get angry at me :()
I'm gonna wait longer to see if anyone acts sus

Jellofish repeats everyone else's suspicion on Crystal, but does it in a wishy washy you're-scummy-but-you're-not-because-I-don't-want-attention way. Pointing out that they're worried about drawing suspicion for bandwagoning is also weird. I usually just post my thoughts on people, if they've already been said or not. Everyone analyzes posts differently, so my thoughts could sound different then say Dad's thoughts.

Okay my suspicion
C R Y S T A L
He was literally contributed nothing exes getting angry at me and Ryan (not alise or Alice) for not contributing his only suspicions were me and Ryan for being inactive and has been stalling a lot to put his thoughts up and has only posted half paragraphs and one-liners without giving a proper explanation on his inactiveness

Ryan88
Not much to say about him. He brings nothing to the table and could be hiding in his newbie suit

Thanks for reading my post :)

She never got mad but she pushed for the lynch and I know I've contributed less that's why I'm tying to post more but if everyone criticises me posting or not posting its hard

Cites Crystal getting mad as a reason why she's suspicious, then quickly rebuts Crystal getting mad in the next post? Jellofish only posted Crystal as sus as a retaliation for being called inactive with Ryan. Jello hasn't contributed an original thought to the game so far, which is why I feel like I can't trust them.

C r y s t a l

Crystal has actually been posting, which contrasts with the two above. A lot of her posts have been responding to or asking questions and repeating people (does everyone see a pattern here? Scum hide in common opinions.)

Hi. If we are lynching inactives ( and if no one slips) I think we should lynch Jellofish or Ryan88. These people are non contributors.

- - - Post Merge - - -

no no lynch >:<

While I agree that there should have not been a no lynch, why did Crystal jump straight away on these two? We have found that lynching the "easy lynches" straight out of the gate has only got us dead townies. I don't agree that Ryan88 should be a default lynch anymore. Yes he is terrible and roleclaims day one, but he is usually almost always town and provides a truthful roleclaim.

ryan88- Again like Ive been saying, doesnt really contribute much.This post makes me feel kind uneasy. Ryan usually doesn't claim unless a few people specifically tell him not too in the thread. I feel as though maybe his scummates told him not to claim.

Tom- Hasn't been posting a lot would like to hear what he has to say.
Jeremy- Quiet and hasnt made many posts. Id like to hear his thoughts on who to lynch.

Again with Ryan88.

I'm getting those vibes too. She says it like dad got 100% earth shattering evidence and oath would be lynched. But during that time only one person voted for oath.

Backpacking on Oath's suspicion on Alise without providing any real reasoning why. Still going for easy targets.

Ugh Has everyone forgotten Sp's play style?

The person I think is most scum is Cory. I feel like Cory posts but just enough to get by. The whole Day 1 Cory has been switching votes. And much of of his posts have been spam and irrelevant. He also bandwagoned on Ryan and Sp. I suggest a vig shot or inspection.

Cory has been stepping up his game significantly this game (I noticed that when I read back through his posts). He started out quite strong and although he sort of deteriorated at night started, I get town reads from him. The fact that Crystal defended lynching SP, yet finds Cory suspicious for voting for him makes me raise my eyebrow. Crystal didn't vote for SP, why? Because she knew he was town and she could get called out for bandwagoning?

This is all I have atm. Night ends incredibly soon, but I wanted to get that out before then.

You'll also notice that Jer jumped on voting for alise with me, which I found odd. Was it because he knew SP would flip town and wanted to hide behind voting for someone else so he wouldn't look guilty?

You'll also notice that Jer jumped on voting for alise with me, which I found odd. Was it because he knew SP would flip town and wanted to hide behind voting for someone else so he wouldn't look guilty?

Well I noticed Jer was acting particularly belligerent and raising blatantly erroneous points against me, which I don't expect from a player like him. That and I've never felt he's committed to any position so far this game.

Although I agree with your post Minties, you are going for easy targets yourself.

I figured this would come up and note that I said at least 1 lies on that list. There would be 4 remaining scum members in this case. I personally don't see you trying to make a case at all, so be my guest and do something then. After the night ends, I'll be rereading the thread and seeing what else I can gather. Tina would not put all noobs on a mafia team, but it is significantly harder to find the slip ups in strong player's posts. Don't be a hypocrite now, Elise. :rolleyes:

I figured this would come up and note that I said at least 1 lies on that list. There would be 4 remaining scum members in this case. I personally don't see you trying to make a case at all, so be my guest and do something then. After the night ends, I'll be rereading the thread and seeing what else I can gather. Tina would not put all noobs on a mafia team, but it is significantly harder to find the slip ups in strong player's posts. Don't be a hypocrite now, Elise. :rolleyes:

I was actually gonna make a case on Ashtot (not enough evidence) ^_^' Didn't see that part.

I DO agree with the mafia being Cariad and/or Crystal, the most.

DAq11rY.gif

I'm genuinely sorry I've just been going through some private stuff
I haven't been very active around the forums itself so it's not just mafia. I don't think I can go through 90 pages and quote every single one that points out me because of inactivity.

Your host is an idiot and thought night ended at 12am, not 11pm BST. Day post will be delayed by one hour. Sorry!

In the meantime, please enjoy the beauty of The Siren's Call:

Last edited:
Your host is an idiot and thought night ended at 12am, not 11pm BST. Night post will be delayed by one hour. Sorry!

Your host is an idiot and thought night ended at 12am, not 11pm BST. Night post will be delayed by one hour. Sorry!

listen to it 12 times and the day post will show up.

Back