• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

TBT/NMT/IGB Conversions

What's your preferred trading currency?

• TBT (forum currency)

Votes: 135 29.7%
  • IGB (in game bells)

Votes: 84 18.5%
  • NMT (nook miles ticket)

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • A mixture

Votes: 147 32.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.1%

• Total voters
Judging by how much Raymond sells for, what collectible would be valuable enough to trade for Raymond, using the current exchange rate? Like if I had him and were about to trade him for a collectible? Would a glow wand collectible cut it?
The more rare collectibles are almost valued at 4k++++ so with the info that:

1 NMT = 20 TBT = 200k IGB
5 NMT = 100 TBT = 1mil IGB
100 NMT = 2k TBT = 20mil IGB

Raymond might just be enuff to trade for a rare collectible but it literally depends on the person who's willing to sell the rare collectible in the first place LOL
Here's this trusty tier list of collectible stuff~
https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/collectible-tier-list.465409/
Aleigh~ Maybe it would be helpful to link this thread in you thread? idk it's up to you :3

Raymond might just be enuff to trade for a rare collectible but it literally depends on the person who's willing to sell the rare collectible in the first place LOL
Here's this trusty tier list of collectible stuff~
https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/collectible-tier-list.465409/

Yeah, when people hold onto collectibles, they are reluctant to selling them no matter how much you’re willing to pay. For the longest time, I was this way with my apple collectibles, as that was part of my iconography, but ever since I started getting into making more palatable sidebars, I’ve became more about that than about apples. And after the transition to TBT 3.0, I decided that it was time to sell the apples.

I was originally going to get Raymond myself, so I could sell him for a glow wand collectible, but after realizing how unfair it would be to ask for collectibles to get a villager sold, I changed my mind. While we have the absurdly high prices and how problematic it is, even asking for rare collectibles to sell a villager is a bit too far as not very many users have these collectibles, and even fewer are willing to sell them (even if they have two or more of the same collectibles).

I definitely trade in a mixture. Because I'm not really into collectables as much as others, I like to buy items/services in New Horizons in tbt. For selling things in New Horizons, I prioritize tbt and NMT over IGB (since I recently a couple million from turnips).

Yeah, when people hold onto collectibles, they are reluctant to selling them no matter how much you’re willing to pay. For the longest time, I was this way with my apple collectibles, as that was part of my iconography, but ever since I started getting into making more palatable sidebars, I’ve became more about that than about apples. And after the transition to TBT 3.0, I decided that it was time to sell the apples.

I was originally going to get Raymond myself, so I could sell him for a glow wand collectible, but after realizing how unfair it would be to ask for collectibles to get a villager sold, I changed my mind. While we have the absurdly high prices and how problematic it is, even asking for rare collectibles to sell a villager is a bit too far as not very many users have these collectibles, and even fewer are willing to sell them (even if they have two or more of the same collectibles).
i don't really think it would be an issue for someone to attempt to sell a villager for a collectible, as long as a willing buyer is found. if they're not gonna miss the collectible and the villager they traded it for makes them happy, it seems like a viable way to obtain collectibles that are bought up/scarce since it's usually so difficult to do so.

i don't really think it would be an issue for someone to attempt to sell a villager for a collectible, as long as a willing buyer is found. if they're not gonna miss the collectible and the villager they traded it for makes them happy, it seems like a viable way to obtain collectibles that are bought up/scarce since it's usually so difficult to do so.

thing is, there are many inactive users with said collectibles. So they’re scarce and hard to come by. As much as I’d love to trade any of my villagers for collectibles, I know that the collectibles are much more difficult to get ahold of :x

thing is, there are many inactive users with said collectibles. So they’re scarce and hard to come by. As much as I’d love to trade any of my villagers for collectibles, I know that the collectibles are much more difficult to get ahold of :x
that’s true but like i said, as long as a willing and happy buyer is found, i don’t see an issue! personally i’ve seen people hoarding tbt just to buy a bunch of the same rare collectibles, causing them to be impossible to find for others. this is just one way it becomes hard to find collectibles for those of us that have just started amassing tbt and getting into them (such as myself, even though i’ve been a member since 2014). if things like that are okay, i don’t see why trading a villager for a collectible is so bad. it makes it easier to obtain collectibles for people who haven’t had a chance to in the past bc it’s one way they’ll be able to get their hands on one without having years of tbt and sought-after collectibles saved up from trading/being active in the tbt community.

I agree with these current rates as well.

1 NMT = 200K IGB
100 tbt = 1mil IGB
20 tbt = 1 NMT

5 NMT = 100 tbt = 1mil IGB

I think the NMT rates are around 10 TBT each now

And why is that? Can I still sell NMT for 20 TBT each?

Probably cause NMT sellers are all undercutting each other. There's not a huge demand for NMT anymore so I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop further. You can still sell NMT for 20 TBT before the NMT sellers wake up though. :D

Probably cause NMT sellers are all undercutting each other. There's not a huge demand for NMT anymore so I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop further. You can still sell NMT for 20 TBT before the NMT sellers wake up though. :D
Ya NMT prices seem to have dropped considerably cause if one seller drops it, the others are forced to and the vicious cycle continues haha, I'll probably stop trying to sell them soon

I'll keep an eye on it, and if it's going more one way I'll update it :)

I know personally I'm always having to fight with other NMT sellers just to stay competitive in my prices, now its down to like 1:8 but you probably can get more if you post when they aren't posting. Nook's Cranny just moves so fast that people will only see your sale post for 10 minutes before its gone

Back