• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

TBT/NMT/IGB Conversions

What's your preferred trading currency?

• TBT (forum currency)

Votes: 135 29.7%
  • IGB (in game bells)

Votes: 84 18.5%
  • NMT (nook miles ticket)

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • A mixture

Votes: 147 32.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.1%

• Total voters
I'm actually happy NMT demand is dropping. I've been waiting for trading to want igb/tbt

So Nook Miles Tickets are essentially worthless now?

I wonder if a new collectible craze is about to start. I’ve been looking for a flower glow wand, and I’m starting to see a few new buying threads for glow wands.

I know personally I'm always having to fight with other NMT sellers just to stay competitive in my prices, now its down to like 1:8 but you probably can get more if you post when they aren't posting. Nook's Cranny just moves so fast that people will only see your sale post for 10 minutes before its gone

It's going to keep going down. It's too easy to make IGB in this game with the turnip market which in turn people use to buy NMT. I'm thinking the price will reach 1:5 because at that point, it's faster just to post on the forums to get the bells.

So Nook Miles Tickets are essentially worthless now?

I wonder if a new collectible craze is about to start. I’ve been looking for a flower glow wand, and I’m starting to see a few new buying threads for glow wands.

Yes they are essentially worthless at least for the people who have been playing the game since day 1 (which I assume most of us have over 100K+ miles at this point). NMTs were mainly being used to island hop for your dreamies BUT the campsite resetting method has a much higher percentage of getting your dreamies so no one needs 500+ tickets. Just having 50 is enough to pay for entry fees for turnips, celeste, npcs, or villager crafting recipe visits.

Last edited:
It's going to keep going down. It's too easy to make IGB in this game with the turnip market which in turn people use to buy NMT. I'm thinking the price will reach 1:5 because at that point, it's faster just to post on the forums to get the bells.

Yes they are essentially worthless at least for the people who have been playing the game since day 1 (which I assume most of us have over 100K+ miles at this point). NMTs were mainly being used to island hop for your dreamies BUT the campsite resetting method has a much higher percentage of getting your dreamies so no one needs 500+ tickets. Just having 50 is enough to pay for entry fees for turnips, celeste, npcs, or villager crafting recipe visits.
Ya I farmed a ton of NMTs for awhile and then got super lucky with dreamies so it’s like, what do I do with these haha

There is always the possibility that an update will make nook islands more appealing again though!

That all being said, I still think NMT is a better in game currency than IGB, and probably the best in game currency we have

I'm gonna edit it and lower the NMT to TBT rate
Post automatically merged:

Due to the lowering demand of NMT, cut the conversions. If anyone feels like the rates are too low, lmk :)

Last edited:
There’s an error in your calculations.

If 1,000 TBT buys 10 million Bells, shouldn’t 100 TBT buy 1 million Bells instead of 100,000 Bells and 500 TBT buy 5 million Bells instead of 500,000 Bells?

I'm gonna edit it and lower the NMT to TBT rate

Due to the lowering demand of NMT, cut the conversions. If anyone feels like the rates are too low, lmk :)
I think 10 is a bit low, especially since it's still fairly commonplace for people to buy at twice that rate. I think 15 is better here. You can adjust it downward as necessary from there, but for now I think 15 more accurately reflects the rate than 10.

I think 10 is a bit low, especially since it's still fairly commonplace for people to buy at twice that rate. I think 15 is better here. You can adjust it downward as necessary from there, but for now I think 15 more accurately reflects the rate than 10.
I was going to do 15 but I saw a lot of people going for 10, it was also an easier calculation (which it seems like I got wrong anyway lmao) but I might raise it back up to 15

There’s an error in your calculations.

If 1,000 TBT buys 10 million Bells, shouldn’t 100 TBT buy 1 million Bells instead of 100,000 Bells and 500 TBT buy 5 million Bells instead of 500,000 Bells?
yikes I threw in an extra zero

I can't even sell any at 8 right now, but thats probably to just unlucky timing, I just want to get rid of these haha

1 NMT = 10 TBT = 100k IGB
5 NMT = 50 TBT = 500k IGB
100 NMT = 1k TBT = 1mil IGB

I think the last line is a little off right? 5NMT = 50 TBT = 500k IGB. Next section is 100NMT so since 5NMT x 20 is 100NMT, then 50TBT x 20 = 1000 TBT, and 500k IGB x 20 = 10Mil

(x 5 each)
(x20 each)
100 NMT = 1,000 TBT = 10mil IGB

edited for maths

Last edited:
Edit: I’m confused seeing all these numbers

but @Jokesie your math is wrong regardless.
5 x 20 = 100
Not 5 x 25 = 100

other than that, @Aleigh I believe you got the IGB part for 1k TBT wrong. Should be 10mil IGB. I don’t think any would would pay 1k TBT for just 1mil IGB c:

I think the last line is a little off right? 5NMT = 50 TBT = 500k IGB. Next section is 100NMT so since 5NMT x 25 is 100NMT, then 50TBT x 5 = 1250 TBT, and 500k IGB x 5 = 12.5Mil

(x 5 each)
(x25 each)
100 NMT = 1,250 TBT = 12.5mil IGB
Wouldn't it be 10m IGB, not 12.5m on the last line?

I think the last line is a little off right? 5NMT = 50 TBT = 500k IGB. Next section is 100NMT so since 5NMT x 25 is 100NMT, then 50TBT x 5 = 1250 TBT, and 500k IGB x 5 = 12.5Mil

(x 5 each)
(x25 each)
100 NMT = 1,250 TBT = 12.5mil IGB
I guess it depends how you calculate it, which is kinda weird that it's different, but I multiplied it by 100 and now that I look at it my last one should be 10 mil and my work-kicked tired brain is confused lmao

I guess it depends how you calculate it, which is kinda weird that it's different, but I multiplied it by 100 and now that I look at it my last one should be 10 mil and my work-kicked tired brain is confused lmao

Right lol I could tell that last one was off, but even I multiplied by 25 when I was supposed to do it by 20

Right lol I could tell that last one was off, but even I multiplied by 25 when I was supposed to do it by 20
I think I got confused because someone replied saying that 10mil was wrong and I just went with it because I'm not good with confrontation lmaooo but I'm too tired to fix it rn I'll do it tomorrow

Back