• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

TBT's Second Egg Decorating Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent far too many hours on this egg but I found it very relaxing and enjoyed the process a lot.

Not a lot of talent to show for the time put in but here we go:

IMG-2999.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Spring garden for Easter.

@Vrisnem I was thinking of likening my egg to a character if I get the chance to participate, but that particular character carries things on their head in a bowl thing, meaning I would have to construct this bowl, affix it to the egg, and then put additional stuff on top of it to fill. I would probably use little styrofoam balls and modify those to get what I want, but that kind of goes beyond the scope of the event since it's no longer the egg itself getting decorated. How much are we allowed to add onto the egg?
As long as you make it yourself then, yes, this would be okay!

Is a styrofoam cup like this:
View attachment 364500
considered a craft supply? It's going to be used as a base for the egg and it will be modified and painted, but I just wanted to know before i waste my whole $1 on a pack of these things lol
You're allowed to create/decorate egg holders as part of your entry for this contest so, yes, this would be fine. Spend that $1 without fear!

hey @Vrisnem would it be okay if I used clay for some stuff I want to attach to the egg
Yes, you can use clay.

Since my wooden eggs are a little narrow and long I started painting one larger and one smaller one to submit them together. Is that acceptable? In my head it made sense - and if I could actually do math I would calculate to check if these two eggs now are the size of a normal egg 😅.
Roughly what size are the eggs?

Roughly what size are the eggs?
I have three sizes and can’t decide.
large: 7x5 cm (3x2 inches)
medium: 6x4 cm (2.5 x1.5 inches)
smol: 5x3 cm (2x1.5 inches)

I think the large ones are ok and closest to an actual egg. Medium and small appear too small to pass for a normal egg. If I were to paint the medium or small ones, would you recommend I paint two?

I have three sizes and can’t decide.
large: 7x5 cm (3x2 inches)
medium: 6x4 cm (2.5 x1.5 inches)
smol: 5x3 cm (2x1.5 inches)

I think the large ones are ok and closest to an actual egg. Medium and small appear too small to pass for a normal egg. If I were to paint the medium or small ones, would you recommend I paint two?
I would suggest going with the large one. Multiple eggs are only accepted if you are using quail eggs.

Trying to think of something cool and different that will stand out from all the rest of these eggs. Are we looking to attach stuff to our eggs? Or is this mostly just drawing?

Trying to think of something cool and different that will stand out from all the rest of these eggs. Are we looking to attach stuff to our eggs? Or is this mostly just drawing?

Please take a look at these sections from the FAQ in the OP:

Q. What can I use to decorate my egg?
A. If you really want to make your egg stand out then glitter, craft paper, pipe cleaners, stick-on eyes, cotton wool, and similar items are all acceptable to add to your egg.

Q. What can I not use to decorate my egg?
A. If it's not a traditional craft material or you didn't make it yourself by hand then it is prohibited. e.g. if you were to glue a toy hat on your egg then this would not be okay because you didn't make the hat yourself. You may not use stickers (beyond stick-on eyes) or anything that has been made digitally. If you're unsure about a material you wish to use then feel free to ask.

Ooh boy, I made one two years ago with the Starpower Egg (Still wish that egg is real. however) I might join in this one.

Thing is, I don't know what to use and I'm not that very artistic. But that won't stop me from trying.

litrally the exact same ones i got lmao

ngl I haven't actually dyed an egg in years so I'm kinda hyped for it lol
How normal is it to have egg dying experience ? 🙈😂

I can boil an egg but can’t think I have ever decorated one. As a kid we used to just roll them down hills 😂

How normal is it to have egg dying experience ? 🙈😂

I can boil an egg but can’t think I have ever decorated one. As a kid we used to just roll them down hills 😂
rolling them down hills? that's actually hilarious 😆

but yeah I recall decorating eggs a few times as a kid. we would have a little bowl, put the dye and water in the bowl, and then set the eggs down in it for like 5 min. the ones I got are slightly different in procedure but the same result. fun times ☺

I spent far too many hours on this egg but I found it very relaxing and enjoyed the process a lot.

Not a lot of talent to show for the time put in but here we go:

View attachment 364561
Post automatically merged:

Spring garden for Easter.

“not a lot of talent to show” i will literally fight you .. this is so pretty!!!

Here’s my entry! The Zipper T Bunny egg 😎 I pictured it next to my flowers because I thought they looked really good next to eachother 🥺

View attachment 364562
image0.jpg

mocha this is so cute!!!! 😭🤩

I have so many ideas, but I fear that I won't get it on the egg like i imagine it >-<

And so far all the eggs look so nice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back