TBT's Tenth Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do puzzle answers have to be written LIKETHIS to be considered correct?
Or writing it "like this" is also acceptable?

seriously yall people just know how to do this math crap????
1650249197915.png

In all seriousness, whoever gets the golden egg should also be given a crown collectible for helping us with deadly number 6

if you can decipher my colour coding
coco = rotate the number 180 degrees

IMG_3561.jpg
I had 2 for the orange eggs and a few things right, I was on the right path, too bad I gave up, but I was really too tired.
I will save this for the future...

apparently this is what the tbt staff think "fun" is :rolleyes:
Post automatically merged:

anyways my brain is more fried than the most fried of eggs so I'm off to bed~
Still more fun than Egg 6.

Anyways, I didn’t dare touch Egg 8 because I am garbage at school but I THINK I got Eggs 12 and 16, so yay. If I did then I’ll have enough for a Spring Egg. :)

Nice, glad I got the latest three puzzles! Being a math major, Egg 8 is definitely my favourite this year; it was so refreshing to do math that's not real analysis or combinatorics for once. :P

xM82BCM.png

i actually love math ngl

the eggs were throwing me off so i made things into letters and it made my life easier
E6F8627D-A472-4771-AC4B-ABAF40A150D2.png

This was my long-form work for Egg 8 after @FraudulentDimetrodon helped get me unstuck.
gsYjFsY.png

(this was to turn the eggs into variables I could more easily manipulate)

Operators: (reasonably, only plus/minus/multiply can be used)
Ruby = minus (-)
Hopkins = multiply (*)
Cole = plus (+)

Main reasoning is the second equation, d must be a single digit number, and dd a double digit of the same number, which is only able to be obtained by multiplying d by 11 (thus we get d * (b + a) = dd, leaving Ruby as minus by default).

(edited in since I realized I didn't explain this, lol: ) Coco is not a normal operator, but works by inverting the eggs, hence why I've labeled her as "I". Note that this is actually the normal definition for "invert" (i.e. "put upside down"), not the mathematical definition of inversion!

ai = ?
a = ?
b = ?
c = ?
d = ?
e = ?

a - b = c
d * (b + a) = dd -> b + a = 11
e - b = d + c
I(cae) = e(ai)c
I(e*d) + a - e = ??

a must be either 6 or 9 (only numbers that can invert into one another)
c, d, e must be either 0, 1, 2, 5 or 8 (only numbers which can invert into themselves)
b + a, pairs can only be 2 + 9 or 5 + 6. But when trying 9 - 2, c cannot be 7, so we must have a = 6, b = 5, c = 1
We then have e - 5 = d + 1, or e = d + 6. We know d/e must be 0, 2 or 8, and only 2 and 8 make sense, so e = 8, d = 2 to complete that equation.
Inverting a gives us ai = 9.

Therefore, the answer is:
ai = 9
a = 6
b = 5
c = 1
d = 2
e = 8

I(e*d) + a - e = ??
I(8*2) + 6 - 8 = ??
I(16) - 2 = ??
91 - 2 = ??
?? = 89
I have a degree in engineering and I couldn't work this crap out

Or rather, couldn't be bothered to work it out 😅

Small brain energy ™️ ✌🏻😔

Even if I guessed right... Goodbye eggs, I guess. 🙃😬😭
I'm pretty sure they won't mind so much as long as you got it right with no spelling mistakes.

They did say they accept variations and language differences, so I don't see why they wouldn't accept it if it's right.

I only wrote LIKETHIS due to force of habit from previous hunts and quests

iirc it was all caps no spaces

I recall it is LIKETHIS

I know that was the way you had to redeem codes in the past, but for the purposes of submitting answers to puzzles this year, does it really matter? (which is something only the staff can really confirm)

For example: If somebody submitted "YELLOWCHEESE", and somebody else submitted "Yellow Cheese", they're both the same answer, but would only the former be accepted or would both? I'd assume both would be accepted.

gosh math people are so fascinating
Y-Yep. I'm definitely a math person. Very fascinating, ha... ha...

[thinks about the hour and a half I spent doing the puzzle where I figured out half the logic and instead of figuring out the rest of the logic, I just started brute-forcing and using every number in combination with every operation until it the equations finally conceded and gave me the win and only after the fact did I come up with the actual logic pathway you're supposed to use]

Everyone here is so smart and making nice beautiful drawn diagrams. Here I was just writing things down by hand using words in a word processor. 😂
lol.PNG
Also I called the Earth Eggs as Stone Eggs the entire time. Oops. Whatever. Stones come from the earth. They're the same thing if you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back