TBT's Tenth Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I could rest now but I might have to ring up a therapist for egg 6 first.

Jokes aside thank you to the staff and the members who helped each other for the event and congratulations Kilza!

Now back to my thesis lmao

I still don't really know what to say. I did not expect winning the Golden Egg at all. I knew I had gotten egg 3 first (hard not to know when you're the only non-Jeremy/Chris person with an egg, lmao), I thought I might have been able to get one of eggs 9/11 first since they both clicked with me right away, but I didn't think I got both, and the only other egg I was quick to get was egg 21, which I figured I just missed out on based on the leaderboard egg amounts. Even then, I wouldn't have thought 3 would be enough to tie for first, nor that I'd end up with the speed tiebreaker! It really is surreal.

I managed to get a perfect 28/28 eggs this time around, though I definitely benefited from the changes to the event and absolutely could not have done it alone. I'm thankful to everybody who helped me out when I reached out to ask for hints, and I'm glad I was able to help most of you out in return! I loved seeing the camaraderie in this thread and how willing people were to help out one another with all of the clues. It truly was amazing to see and I'm glad I could play a small part in that!

ggs you found those eggs FAST LOL

congrats on the golden egg!!!
You did very well! You definitely earned that tie, and honestly, in the split-second moment before I opened that final spoiler tag, I thought it was going to be you who got the Golden Egg. I'll be rooting for you to win the Golden Egg next year, since you deserve to win it!

I also want to give a shoutout to both @seliph and @Asarena for finding 2 eggs first. Great job, you two! It's honestly impressive to see 22 different users find an egg first (including @skweegee with the dreaded egg 6) as well! It's really nice that it wasn't dominated by just a couple of people and it shows that many different users are capable of figuring these clues out right away and potentially getting the Golden Egg under this ruleset!

Also, I'm shocked I actually called my shot last year:
That said, surely I'll learn from my mistakes and next year's egg hunt will be my year.

I really enjoyed the collaborative spirit of this egg hunt! The only change I wish for is that puzzles could go back to the old way of entering codes until you figure out the right one. I missed an egg because I input the wrong answer and couldn't change it even though I realized my mistake before the deadline (I would have been more careful if I'd known I couldn't change it when there was still time left).

Overall, it was really fun, though! Not feeling like I had to keep my discoveries a secret was much less stressful, and getting to discuss things with others was fun and enabled more people to get more eggs!

Now to wait for the next restock. ^o^;>

Congrats egg-grabbers! 🐔

Also, @staff, if possible could some late night/early morning restocks happen for the spring/any eggs?
I can only access the forum quite late unfortunately. 😞

Last edited:
It's really nice that it wasn't dominated by just a couple of people and it shows that many different users are capable of figuring these clues out right away and potentially getting the Golden Egg under this ruleset!
I agree! Knowing and acknowledging that there are so many other people who are also quick to find the clues is a really refreshing view on the egg hunt. I really enjoyed this format of picking the golden egg winner and having bonus points for the rest who got first on each clue.

Maybe Kilza won the Golden Egg because of the Golden Sun!

(… Bad pun aside, congratulations on your win! I had a feeling you would be the winner! :) )

congrats kilza on the win!! that's some serious speed lmao, i'm not sure my brain works that fast (except my one lucky moment with 21, i'm so glad i managed to get one egg first!!). also congrats to bungo for triggering a tie situation!
i definitely agree that although the idea of team egg hunting threw me at first, it was so nice to have other people to bounce ideas off of, plus it meant i got wayy more eggs than i usually would so i can afford everything i want and more! i would like to see puzzles go back to the way they were before, i think i much prefer having multiple shots at finding the answer, plus this means if it suddenly clicks you can change your trail of thinking completely

thanks again staff for such a fun event!! (except you jeremy. you know what you did.)

That squid emoji was a clue the whole time, squids live in the ocean and the clue we got had something to do with sailors, sailors sail across the ocean.
but he was trying to catch us off guard with him keep talking about eating eggs.
Nah, I just like squids. I always use an on-theme emoji during events but I didn't like how the "🐰" looked with my current aesthetic, so I went with the squid based on the Splat Egg and the matching splatted avatar @Laudine kindly made for me. 🦑

I make a point of interacting a lot with members during events because it's a good opportunity to get to know people within the community better. It's actually my favourite part about helping to run events on TBT! But I won't ever say anything immediately useful; it's just banter.

Good to see I got online at just the right time for a Spring Egg! My instincts were telling me a restock might happen, haha.

I missed getting the last Spring Bloom Egg in that restock by like 30 seconds.

I always like coming back to TBT for the Egg Hunt, I look forward to it. I think these changes on the whole were good - allowing everyone to work with each other made it a lot more fun and IMO probably got more people involved than might have previously. I also think it was a good idea to give the Golden Egg for the person who got the most clues first, congrats to @~Kilza~ . Thank you to @oak, @xara and @BungoTheElf for helping me out, Bungo you got so close!

That being said, some of these clues were HARD and I think purely working by yourself would have been very difficult in this hunt. Egg 6 seems impossible without that hint. I WAS super happy I managed to find it myself though, when I went back into the thread after getting it @skweegee had already posted the method!

Last thing to point out, was this:
Community Clue: A community clue is like a solo clue in that it's hidden somewhere on TBT.
They specified it was on TBT! Checking all of those other sites for nothing.

Darn, ended up with 2 wrong including the only one that would have qualified for a bonus egg. Now I’m one short for another Splat Egg. Them’s the breaks.

Nah, I just like squids. I always use an on-theme emoji during events but I didn't like how the "🐰" looked with my current aesthetic, so I went with the squid based on the Splat Egg and the matching splatted avatar @Laudine kindly made for me. 🦑

I make a point of interacting a lot with members during events because it's a good opportunity to get to know people within the community better. It's actually my favourite part about helping to run events on TBT! But I won't ever say anything immediately useful; it's just banter.
I thoroughly enjoy your banter, Chris. In fact, the friendly smack talk is one of my favorite parts about these games.

as for the bunny, you’re correct, doesn’t quite work for you! 🐇

I actually got the egg for #20 wh

Cross my fingers I get at least one (1) bonus egg so I can get that Ladybug egg! I mean gosh, less than 100 people had to find at least one of the eggs right? Riiiight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back