TBT's Tenth Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad the math was such a bonding experience for some of you! Math brings such beautiful things 😇

Fractions! I should note that down for next time. Derivatives, too? Or working in 3D space? The possibilities are infinite.
Possibilities, probabilities... Maybe statistics?

Hold up, wait a minute

714409531316109402.webp

I'm glad the math was such a bonding experience for some of you! Math brings such beautiful things 😇

Fractions! I should note that down for next time. Derivatives, too? Or working in 3D space? The possibilities are infinite.
have you thought about.... an advanced calculus clue?

Why not have us solve a puzzle, then we have to use the resulting number groups to plot a 3D graphic, which would actually be a monochromatic mirror puzzle! 😈

The thing that got me on the math puzzle was COCO!!!! Coco traumatized me. I thought coco just switched positions, and had an easy solution to the problem where it all worked out just fine. But checking with others...no, it could not be that easy. Then when I got what coco actually did, I thought since Coco was 'irregular', it wouldn't be solved with 'regular' math rules regarding the parentheses....

Basically, Coco drove me crazy. But I did finally get it.

fractions????? no no no baby what is u doing… i don’t even know the multiplication tables anymore. I literally had to take remedial algebra in college lol

Add in some matrices, determinants, and graph theory for even more fun :love:
I do genuinely love graph theory, so this is not too far out of the realm of possibilities. Maybe the next time I make a game it'll be based on graphs in some way!
Graphs are good for gamification. I promise I won't do anything mean with them.

Maybe you should move outside the realm of real numbers and throw some imaginary numbers in there for good measure.
You're right. Imagination is important, and so too are imaginary numbers! All in agreement, say i

have you thought about.... an advanced calculus clue?
If only I were good at coming up with advanced calculus problems and working them into (even more) cryptic forms. 😔

Why not have us solve a puzzle, then we have to use the resulting number groups to plot a 3D graphic, which would actually be a monochromatic mirror puzzle! 😈

The thing that got me on the math puzzle was COCO!!!! Coco traumatized me. I thought coco just switched positions, and had an easy solution to the problem where it all worked out just fine. But checking with others...no, it could not be that easy. Then when I got what coco actually did, I thought since Coco was 'irregular', it wouldn't be solved with 'regular' math rules regarding the parentheses....

Basically, Coco drove me crazy. But I did finally get it.
Would you say Coco drove you nutty? (◔◡◔)
(You can thank Mick for pointing out that people would get especially confused about Coco without the poem! 😅 I thought people would get it just by looking at the eggs. But you got it in the end, and that's what matters!)

Regardless of how anyone feels about the math puzzle, though, this was definitely a good trial run since you could discuss with each other! A learning experience for me, too, in terms of how difficult I should make things. 💖 Whether I'll do it again or not is a meastery.

I do genuinely love graph theory, so this is not too far out of the realm of possibilities. Maybe the next time I make a game it'll be based on graphs in some way!
Graphs are good for gamification. I promise I won't do anything mean with them.

You're right. Imagination is important, and so too are imaginary numbers! All in agreement, say i

If only I were good at coming up with advanced calculus problems and working them into (even more) cryptic forms. 😔

Would you say Coco drove you nutty? (◔◡◔)
(You can thank Mick for pointing out that people would get especially confused about Coco without the poem! 😅 I thought people would get it just by looking at the eggs. But you got it in the end, and that's what matters!)

Regardless of how anyone feels about the math puzzle, though, this was definitely a good trial run since you could discuss with each other! A learning experience for me, too, in terms of how difficult I should make things. 💖 Whether I'll do it again or not is a meastery.
ill pass the next math puzzle the same way i passed all my math classes - ask for the answers and not even try🙃

So @Mistreil can have another laugh....this was my first "solution" to the math puzzle. I thought the flipped eggs just meant coco had put them in mirrored position. If COCO only flipped them position wise (like a mirror image), it actually works!
Ruby -
Hopkins- x
Cole- +
Eggs-
Water 11
Sky 10
Leaf 9
Wood 1
Earth 1

The puzzle equations would be-
10 - 1 = 9
1 x [1 + 10] = 11
11 - 1 = 1 + 9
COCO[9, 10, 11] = 11019

And it even works with the key. When mirrored, only 10 (sky) would not be the same....

So...ha, ha right? Coco traumatized me....

I had to retake Algebra in college so... I don't think math is my friend. BUT I'm willing to try! 🥺

don't forget to throw a little multivariable calculus and differential equations in there 😁

I got inspired and tried to make a puzzle based on a definite integral! :P I'm pretty sure it's solvable, although it might be easier than #8 depending on how well you know integrals and determinants

bb5ZaoY.png

Last edited:
Yay!! I got egg#28 right!!🎉🎉🎉

Thank you so much to the staff for another wonderfully fun Easter Egg hunt event. I was able to figure out some of the puzzles and clues on my own. 🐣🐰🌸💕

For the ones I couldn't figure out, I want to say a big thank you to those that helped me. 😊
Everyone that participated was so nice and the atmosphere was so inviting and positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back