TBT's Tenth Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh since I see people were talking about the math puzzle - it was definitely the most rewarding one to solve by far, but for the first 20 minutes of staring at it, I had no idea where to start LOL. Once I rationalized which bunnies were which operations and realized from the legend that the blue egg must be 6 because if you flip it upside down it's a different number, I was able to work backwards and figure out the rest.

Without the poem I don't think there'd be a chance of figuring it out. Also, yes, Coco is pure chaotic evil.

I got inspired and tried to make a puzzle based on a definite integral! :p I'm pretty sure it's solvable, although it might be easier than #8 depending on how well you know integrals and determinants

bb5ZaoY.png
no pls stop giving them ideas 😭

*having horror flashbacks from taking calc in college*

The math puzzle one... 😮I read it. I looked at it. And then... nope!!😬 On to the next clue. Lol!!😆

After the event was over, I showed my husband the puzzle and he actually tried to work it out. He couldn't figure it out because of Coco.😅

Yeah, I can confirm I had 28 eggs total, and haven't received anything past that, so I don't think the bonuses have gone out yet.

For what it's worth, a lot of folks who PMed me asking for help on Egg 8 were significantly more advanced than me in terms of math knowledge, but that just made it easier to over-complicate things, especially Coco.

The most difficult math, I think, is being able to see that the answer to equation 2 is a multiple of 11 and deducing that the bracketed number must be 11, which narrows down the Sky and Earth Eggs a lot.

On the other hand, other folks PMed me saying stuff like, "Oh no, I don't know what I'm doing. Here's what I've figured out so far. Is any of this even on the right track?!" And then I look at what they've deduced and it's, like, the entire puzzle is solved already.

So, my takeaway is that even if you think you're bad at math, you shouldn't panic because you see equations and think there's no hope. You might just surprise yourself. Have a bit of confidence in yourself. ☺️

The poem was probably definitely needed though, especially with the time limit; I do agree with that. But that was my favorite puzzle of the bunch overall.

For what it's worth, a lot of folks who PMed me asking for help on Egg 8 were significantly more advanced than me in terms of math knowledge, but that just made it easier to over-complicate things, especially Coco.

The most difficult math, I think, is being able to see that the answer to equation 2 is a multiple of 11 and deducing that the bracketed number must be 11, which narrows down the Sky and Earth Eggs a lot.

On the other hand, other folks PMed me saying stuff like, "Oh no, I don't know what I'm doing. Here's what I've figured out so far. Is any of this even on the right track?!" And then I look at what they've deduced and it's, like, the entire puzzle is solved already.

So, my takeaway is that even if you think you're bad at math, you shouldn't panic because you see equations and think there's no hope. You might just surprise yourself. Have a bit of confidence in yourself. ☺️

The poem was probably definitely needed though, especially with the time limit; I do agree with that. But that was my favorite puzzle of the bunch overall.

I'd concur with this. I'm far from the best at math, but I'm still decent at it, and probably could have solved the equation on my own. I was dealing with a lot at the time, however, and was too lazy, so I just asked for help, lmao.

We just did a big Spring Bloom restock. Since some of you were asking for a scheduled restock, we'll do another one at 3:00 PM EDT tomorrow (Wednesday).

Edit: Also, you should have now received bonus eggs, so let us know if you think you're missing any.

Got my bonus eggs from when I was the first one to solve #22 and bought a Fossil egg.
Yes it messes up with my lineup, but I'm gonna keep it around for a few.

i got a notification saying i got an event reward, i assume thats an egg right?

The most difficult math, I think, is being able to see that the answer to equation 2 is a multiple of 11
I agree with everything you said, particularly this sentiment! Once you realize that there was a multiple of 11, you kind of had some direction going for you since there’s a tangible number.

The clue was truly intimidating, but substituting the eggs for letters (x, y, z, a, b) made the clue much clearer, at least for me. All you then had to do was write the equations. Mine went something like this:

x-y = z
a(y+x) = 11a
b-y = a+z

In particular, the second equation was the most useful, as it would give you x+y = 11. Now you know two numbers must have the sum of 11.

Personally, the harder part was figuring out the flipped eggs and Coco, both of which were non-math aspects of the clue. I genuinely thought Coco was a decimal at first, but decimals are ugly so I had to rethink. Anyway, once you realize what the digits are based on the flipped eggs, you can just brute force your way into the three equations. The only pair of numbers that would fit for x+y = 11 would be 5,6 and 9,2. You wouldn’t really have a lot to do math-wise once you realize what digits came into play and what Coco did.

Tl;dr, the non-math aspect of the clue was more difficult IMO. The most difficult math was realizing that a digit duplicated twice is a multiple of 11.

(P.S.: This wasn’t meant to put down anyone who finds math difficult. This was just based on my own thoughts going through the clue myself. Math is difficult still but I just found the non-math aspect harder.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back