TBT's Tenth Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
😘✨

You're also welcome for the Egg #8 bonus reward if you got it right, since only 96 of you got that! My beautiful, beautiful math puzzle. (´▽`ʃ♡ƪ)
(Fun fact: the poem in #8 wasn't originally there. @Mick said it'd be too hard given the time limit, so I threw it in.)
without that poem i think that egg 6 and 8 combined would have tipped me over the point of no return 😭

I think the questions got harder this year (you're not alone in the struggle!!) and definitely lost some sleep over some of the clues (cough cough egg six... cough cough).
I remember last year I got about 17 eggs on my own! This year I got way less, I had to ask for hints for a lot of them. I found #6, #18 and #27 especially difficult and I don't think I would've ever got them without help.

stop math is not beautiful
It had bright colours though! And bunnies! And maths! How is that not perfection?

without that poem i think that egg 6 and 8 combined would have tipped me over the point of no return 😭
Not only did I have to try it blind because there was no hint in the original, it also had three question marks instead of two to make you second guess yourself extra hard! But the final version got solved by quite a lot of people, so next easter I'll save myself a bit of time and not test any maths puzzles in advance. 👀

Fixed for ya
Ooh, you subtracted the best part and now it no longer = perfection! Very nice, this solves the original problem. I appreciate the effort. 👏

I guarantee this would not have been the case if we weren't allowed to share hints.
You raise a good point. 🤔 *takes notes*

Considering you barely had anything to work with AND you had to figure the numerical values not surprised tbf.
emphasis on "lucky" few. I agree that it was really difficult and if I didn't have others to compare with I may not have gotten it myself. that was honestly my least favorite clue, I dislike it even more than #6 lol

emphasis on "lucky" few. I agree that it was really difficult and if I didn't have others to compare with I may not have gotten it myself. that was honestly my least favorite clue, I dislike it even more than #6 lol
Yeah I agree. Also it was a bit too abstract for my brain, I just saw random details like eggs (yay asperger lol) and whatever basic maths so I had no idea how to do it, neither had some I asked so I decided to focus on others.

the
It had bright colours though! And bunnies! And maths! How is that not perfection?

Not only did I have to try it blind because there was no hint in the original, it also had three question marks instead of two to make you second guess yourself extra hard! But the final version got solved by quite a lot of people, so next easter I'll save myself a bit of time and not test any maths puzzles in advance. 👀
the numbers mick… the numbers

It legit took me 4 hours to solve that maths puzzle and was only possible at all because @CometCatcher patiently put me back on track every time I ventured off the path into dangerous fraction territory xD you're a real homie <3 also thanks to @Dio, @Genexte, @xara, @Roxxy and @SpaceTokki77, without y'all I would have gone insane and probably missed over half the eggs.

I'm glad the math was such a bonding experience for some of you! Math brings such beautiful things 😇

It legit took me 4 hours to solve that maths puzzle and was only possible at all because @CometCatcher patiently put me back on track every time I ventured off the path into dangerous fraction territory xD you're a real homie <3 also thanks to @Dio, @Genexte, @xara, @Roxxy and @SpaceTokki77, without y'all I would have gone insane and probably missed over half the eggs.
Fractions! I should note that down for next time. Derivatives, too? Or working in 3D space? The possibilities are infinite.
Possibilities, probabilities... Maybe statistics?

I'm glad the math was such a bonding experience for some of you! Math brings such beautiful things 😇

Fractions! I should note that down for next time. Derivatives, too? Or working in 3D space? The possibilities are infinite.
omg what have I done

Add in some matrices, determinants, and graph theory for even more fun :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back