• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Team Popsicle! ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Is it alright if I can join? Of course, however, as you can see, I don't have a popsicle, so I'll only be able to go to the Popsicles in Freezing roaster for now. Anyways, thanks! :)

Ah yay! Welcome to Team Popsicle! So glad to have you!!

Hello! Is it alright if I can join? Of course, however, as you can see, I don't have a popsicle, so I'll only be able to go to the Popsicles in Freezing roaster for now. Anyways, thanks! :)

Hi, welcome to the team!
So many new members recently:)

Alright guys! I'm heading off to work! I'll talk to you guys all later! c:

Also once again, Welcome to TP to those who are new here! If you have any questions, please feel free to post! c: {Also when I get off work I tend to read all the comments, so if you have any questions directed towards me, I'll quote and answer them once I'm back! :) }

Alright guys! I'm heading off to work! I'll talk to you guys all later! c:

Also once again, Welcome to TP to those who are new here! If you have any questions, please feel free to post! c: {Also when I get off work I tend to read all the comments, so if you have any questions directed towards me, I'll quote and answer them once I'm back! :) }

See you Miharu, I?ll be leaving for the night as well, sweet dreams everybody:3

GUYS!

(Sorry.....)

I found out what Volunteer Internship I got today!
I got my first choice!
At the Local Youth Centre!
Which is basically a homeless youth centre and my job description is "Mentor".

BUT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW COOL THIS IS!!!!!

One, its tragic, because this isn't a 24/7 facility, and they have no beds..... they just moved to a bigger space so THERE IS POTENTIAL! It is open from 5-10pm and homeless youth can get a hot meal and enjoy free programming and get off the streets and such.

BUT!

HERE IS THE THING!

Back home, when I was in high school, and in the first two summers between first and second year..... I LIVED IN YOUTH SHELTERS!
But really well-funded ones. With housing and employment workshops and stuff. And by a certain point, I was attending business meetings with teh staff and practically runing the place, while also (dare I say it) maintaining my..... street cred with the homeless youth I was living with (some were in gangs, prostitutes, drug dealers, etc..... I was highly educated, I had to earn my place, and when they heard my story, and I was straight with them about my past, and my abusive history and they realized I had every right to be there as much as them, but instead of turning to drugs or sex, I didn't let my past (something that I couldn't control) control me..... THAT INSPIRED THEM. And I earned serious respect, and they made me a basically a "yearbook" with all their signatures, art, messages, showing their apprecition, how much I inspired them and touched their lives and helped them realize there was basically a better way. There WAS another option than the path they chose. Some cleaned up, cleared their criminal record, some even went on to university, SOME even went on to police college to work in the Narcotics Unit if you can believe it! Not everyone..... You can't change the world but you can make a dent. Some have even died since.

All I am saying is I can make a SERIOUS change in this city I live in now, based off the model of the youth shelters I lived in before in my home cities. I can network, gain funding and sponsorship. I STILL HAVE all my housing, employment, life skills resources to run workshiops, like I did back then, to set teh ground work for a one-year plan. I have resident agreements and contracts from back then to give the staff an idea for rules/privileges and what to look for when interviewing potential candidates in need, and the level system to help them grow to independent living, give them the tools they need. THAT would be amazig for me. Give back to the community, this particular vulnerable population that I was once part of, that was there for me, and give back on THIS SCALE..... Basically turn this Youth Centre into a Emergency Youth Shelter.

That's the plan. Change the world. Ya know.... *laughs* No biggie. Girl can dream.

Last edited:
GUYS!

(Sorry.....)

I found out what Volunteer Internship I got today!
I got my first choice!
At the Local Youth Centre!
Which is basically a homeless youth centre and my job description is "Mentor".

BUT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW COOL THIS IS!!!!!

One, its tragic, because this isn't a 24/7 facility, and they have no beds..... they just moved to a bigger space so THERE IS POTENTIAL! It is open from 5-10pm and homeless youth can get a hot meal and enjoy free programming and get off the streets and such.

BUT!

HERE IS THE THING!

Back home, when I was in high school, and in the first two summers between first and second year..... I LIVED IN YOUTH SHELTERS!
But really well-funded ones. With housing and employment workshops and stuff. And by a certain point, I was attending business meetings with teh staff and practically runing the place, while also (dare I say it) maintaining my..... street cred with the homeless youth I was living with (some were in gangs, prostitutes, drug dealers, etc..... I was highly educated, I had to earn my place, and when they heard my story, and I was straight with them about my past, and my abusive history and they realized I had every right to be there as much as them, but instead of turning to drugs or sex, I didn't let my past (something that I couldn't control) control me..... THAT INSPIRED THEM. And I earned serious respect, and they made me a basically a "yearbook" with all their signatures, art, messages, showing their apprecition, how much I inspired them and touched their lives and helped them realize there was basically a better way. There WAS another option than the path they chose. Some cleaned up, cleared their criminal record, some even went on to university, SOME even went on to police college to work in the Narcotics Unit if you can believe it! Not everyone..... You can't change the world but you can make a dent. Some have even died since.

All I am saying is I can make a SERIOUS change in this city I live in now, based off the model of the youth shelters I lived in before in my home cities. I can network, gain funding and sponsorship. I STILL HAVE all my housing, employment, life skills resources to run workshiops, like I did back then, to set teh ground work for a one-year plan. I have resident agreements and contracts from back then to give the staff an idea for rules/privileges and what to look for when interviewing potential candidates in need, and the level system to help them grow to independent living, give them the tools they need. THAT would be amazig for me. Give back to the community, this particular vulnerable population that I was once part of, that was there for me, and give back on THIS SCALE..... Basically turn this Youth Centre into a Emergency Youth Shelter.

That's the plan. Change the world. Ya know.... *laughs* No biggie. Girl can dream.

That was really awesome to read. You are making a real change in the world, one part at a time!

-snip-

holy.. you are an AMAZING person!!! *0*
I give you mad propz and congrats as well ~
yeah it's not easy trying to help every individual out there, but what you did is truly awesome
and I hope that you continue your work for your community c:
it's so nice to hear these stories once in awhile to know that there is still hope for us humanity ;w; <3

Grab your birthstones guys! It's back on sale ;D <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back