• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Just finished watching part 5 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and... Oh wow. What a roller-coaster of emotions this title is. I can't really form my thoughts into words right now, but I can definitely say that Stardust Crusaders and Diamond is Unbreakable are my favorite parts x)
Now I have to wait until December for part 6... And I'll probably start reading manga for parts 7 and 8 after that

I watched "Ryuu to Sobakasu no Hime" or "Belle," the newest movie from Studio Chizu. It was all right, not bad, but not one of my favorite films from them.

Edit: I should add that the song "U" by millennium parade slaps and hearing it around everywhere I've been looking forward to it, but was a bit disappointed that it was just used in the first 5 minutes with no build up

Last edited:
A new episode of My Villain Academia/Boku no Villain Academia released yesterday!

Twice was able to overcome his psychological trauma and release a new move, Sad Man's Parade. This move allows him to create infinite doubles with his Quirk, and all the doubles quickly overtook the Meta Liberation Army. Shigaraki made the tower that Re-Destro was in collapse, preparing to fight.

Up next time, on My Villain Academia! Shigaraki and Re-Destro face off in battle! You won't want to miss it! Go beyond! Plus ultra!

I am just about done with Black Clover, I'm waiting on the last few episodes to be dubbed still. I'm really sad that it's ended (temporarily), and I hope that they anime does come back because I know that the reason its stopped is due to the manga and anime being basically at the same spot at the moment.
I'm watching My Hero Academia, I'm at the point where the dubs haven't been posted/done yet so I'm waiting a little while before I watch it again. I'm really glad that I didn't give up on the anime because its really good now. I admit the first two seasons for me were boring but I've loved all the seasons since.
Currently I am watching Bungou Stray Dogs, it's a little graphic to me sometimes (which I know is weird since I love Demon Slayer and thats pretty graphic too) but I am really enjoying it.

I just finished watching Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day, it was super emotional and so good! It's available on Netflix

I'm not sure if Trese counts as anime since it's Filipino, but I just finished watching it. It's only six episodes and currently available on Netflix, although only in the English dub. I wish I could have watched it in its original language because I always feel like that provides better immersion in the storyline, but the English voice acting wasn't terrible.

The first two episodes had me on the fence. It was good, but nothing really ground-breaking. However, in the third episode, the storyline really started to get me emotionally hooked and the overarching story of the season was good enough for me to want a second season. They did tease the possibility of a second season after the final credits and the new enemy is very intriguing, so I hope we get to see more.

I’ve been bingeing an anime for the first time in a few years. It’s D-Frag. The show starts off slow, but after a few episodes it becomes really funny. The dub is great too.

I don't think they want me to post youtube vids, but I don't think they want to tell me.

I found an old Newtype magazine from 2007. It mentions Ramen Fighter Miki. Has anyone seen that?

Last edited:
I finished the first arc of the English dub of Hunter x Hunter (2011) the other day, so now I'm finishing up Naruto in preparation for Naruto Shippuden. I can't believe I have less than 20 episodes to go! 😬

finished EoE.
Have to watch the rebuilds now
1631080519599.png

An all new episode of My Villain Academia/Boku no Villain Academia released today!

Spinner fought against Trumpet in battle. Meanwhile, Shigaraki faced off against Re-Destro. At first it seemed like Re-Destro had the advantage in battle with his Stress Quirk. However, Shigaraki remembered his past memories, before he became who he is today, and fought back. We got some backstory on how Shigaraki got rid of his own family thanks to his Quirk, Decay.

Up next time, on My Villain Academia! Shigaraki fights back against Re-Destro. Channel the darkness within you, and go beyond! Plus ultra!

I watched Colorful today. The film moves at a snail’s pace, but it was unexpectedly heartwarming. I’d recommend it anyone who wants something relaxing,

My perception of time is definitely screwed up but I feel like the movie was announced awhile ago right? I wonder if COVID has had any effect on its production.
Yeah it's been a long time...

idk when I was watching Belle one of the trailers before the movie was for a different MAPPA movie, seems like they've been focusing on other things lol

Today I finished Fumetsu no Anata e and all I can say is it was amazing. 10/10! I was emotionally invested in every single story arc. The characters were wonderfully real and easy to care about. This has easily become one of my favorite anime and I can't wait for season 2!

I was looking for another anime to watch as filler on days that nothing new has aired and decided on GeGeGe no Kitaro (2018). It's been on my watchlist for a while and feels like the right vibe since we're getting ready to enter the fall and Halloween season. I just watched the first episode tonight. Looking forward to watching more!

Back