• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

How much Pm do each mailbox in the TBT shop hold?

They say so in their descriptions:
Small = 100
Mailbox = 150
Purple =150
Silver = 150
Gold = 600
Super = 700
Silver Super = 1,200
Gold Super = 1,500

There is. Click settings at the top, then general settings under "My Account"
the option to change it is towards the bottom.

Hello! I was curious on how to "rate" people after trading with them. Thank you much.

You can find this system under a users profile by clicking their name, and navigating to wi-fi ratings to give feedback. While we encourage you guys to give feedback as much as possible, please remember to keep all of your responses accurate, and true. Any abuse of this system can and will result in warnings, infractions, and bans.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?107294-Wi-Fi-Ratings

Are those winter items ever going to become giftable? I have like ten mittens that I'd rather sell to someone who wants them than just discard them.

Are those winter items ever going to become giftable? I have like ten mittens that I'd rather sell to someone who wants them than just discard them.

Nope. I would have happily given them away for free to people who didn't have any, but we were told they won't be giftable. I discarded about 8 of them.

If someone tells me they are buying a villager and will be there soon, I wait an hour, they change their mind... Should I leave bad feedback?

I don't want to be mean but it was frustrating.. Sitting there for so long with my gate open.. Wasting my time...

Maybe this isn't the place for this type of question..

Last edited:
If someone tells me they are buying a villager and will be there soon, I wait an hour, they change their mind... Should I leave bad feedback?

I don't want to be mean but it was frustrating.. Sitting there for so long with my gate open..

No, I don't think so. Sometimes things just come up. Maybe they already had ten and didn't realise it, for instance.

Last edited:
Alright. Was just curious because I saw a user with bad feedback regarding a cancelled trade.

Ah, ok. People do have different thoughts regarding what they may want to do, and maybe they thought that's what they should do, but it doesn't necessarily mean you have to give that feedback; only if you feel that's what you should give.

Alright. Was just curious because I saw a user with bad feedback regarding a cancelled trade.

Eh, I would only leave a WiFi rating if I actually connected online with them. I would recommend avoiding giving negative ratings as unless the receiver of the rating pleads to a moderator, it's stuck with their account for life.

Ah, ok. People do have different thoughts regarding what they may want to do, and maybe they thought that's what they should do, but it doesn't necessarily mean you have to give that feedback; only if you feel that's what you should give.

Eh, I would only leave a WiFi rating if I actually connected online with them. I would recommend avoiding giving negative ratings as unless the receiver of the rating pleads to a moderator, it's stuck with their account for life.

It's more of a subjective thing when it comes to trading, iirc. You can actually leave feedback even if you don't connect with someone online - for example, the rules state that if you win an auction, you must see it through, and if they don't, then the auctioneer is allowed to leave negative feedback. On the flip side, they also say that an auctioneer must see their auction through to the end, if they cancel their auction without valid reasoning, bidders can leave negative feedback - both examples allow someone to give feedback, even though they didn't connect online.
As for someone actually not buying an item when they said they would (this not being an auction), for that case I (as in this is a personal opinion) would leave some neutral feedback, because if I had to wait an hour (or anything longer than a generous 15 minutes) only for them to change their mind, I would be pretty annoyed. Though before doing that I'd check their feedback on their profile, and if they had numerous neutral/negative ratings for not responding after buying, or changing their mind after a set amount of time, then I'd leave negative feedback.

Basically it's more of a subjective thing as to what you feel you should leave for a user. If it goes smoothly, obviously leave a positive response, if there's a few bumps, maybe leave neutral, and if it goes horribly wrong, then leave some negative feedback. Most of it comes down to your own digression, so just don't leave negative feedback for the sake of leaving it, only leave it if you think there's a valid reason (like I said, if you're unsure, neutral feedback is a good alternative). That said tho, if the person who receives the feedback thinks it's unfair they can always appeal to a staff member and they'll have the final say, tho I believe the staff tries to keep out of transaction feedback since it doesn't directly involve them and they only get the whole "he said, she said" POV.

Back