• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia The Quest for King - Mafia | Game Thread | GAME OVER

I'm typing and also doing Sinnoh Super Contests it takes a hot minute
Those should give you ample time to post, everything in those games take an eternity.

Also like, given that we are voting for king and we all only have two votes a day (first one and then the "actually x player smells I vote y"), should there not be more campaigning?

I generally value night info more. I think town can afford to sit on a night one elim, mafia cannot. I can't imagine them withholding a kill here either and pretending one of them got protected, I think most of us playing are too smart to accept that at face value. King can also have their actions altered/blocked inferring from Trundle's answer about the King's kill operating the same as any other.

I can see the logic in this, and I'm inclined to support it. Mafia needs to use all their potential kills each night, whereas we can afford to not risk the gamble of losing a town member early.

A third of the player list still hasn’t checked in yet, but at this moment I think I’d vote Tessa as king. I still highly encourage voting for me though

Id vote for Trent the least since I hard disagree on mechanics. I don’t think I’d vote Arstotzka for king, the benefits seem weak
Post automatically merged:

I might also vote for oath for king no joke. That might actually tell us a lot

Yeah I mean with a 48 hour day and this only being up for like, 5 hours at this point, I'm not even touching the voting thread this early.

Also, not for you. The only memelord I would support for king is Tom.

Also I am begging you to not vote for me for king.

Those should give you ample time to post, everything in those games take an eternity.

Also like, given that we are voting for king and we all only have two votes a day (first one and then the "actually x player smells I vote y"), should there not be more campaigning?

There should be, but like, I don't want to be king and I would imagine most other people either don't want to be king or are hiding in the weeds that is the distraction of figuring out the rules of the game.

I still haven’t determined the best reason to vote for king (voting best townread or forcing a null player into the spotlight). Might have to stew on this more. Interesting setup

i mean a town king could do it if they genuinely have a case
and a mafia king would not it anyways (or if they do, pretend its just their nk, what doesnt even matter who does what)
the problem is that king vote has intrinsically less stakes. like i can go and tunnel vision you all day, saying that im 100% sure you are wolf, but you could be literally my mafia buddy bc i dont need to vote to chop you
so we can discuss and point fingers all day and get nothing but chaos
srry mb i love chaos thats how i get my reads
also yes dmaniel i will be ur king pls i have the wheel and all

fr though if i do become king can we pls discuss who we wanna take down i have a track record of reading people incredibly wrong

also @oath2order why are you so afraid of the power bestowed upon you as king are you scared you'll mess up and be killed or what

Last edited:
history has proven i am not a good king

i believe i literally miseliminated as king and literally lost the game

Last edited by a moderator:
i kinda hate the argument for no vote just to preserve town real estate bc following that line of logic we might as well never kill anyone until we are 100% sure (we will never be)

srry mb i love chaos thats how i get my reads
honestly me too im bored

i kinda hate the argument for no vote just to preserve town real estate bc following that line of logic we might as well never kill anyone until we are 100% sure (we will never be)

honestly me too im bored
exactly and miselim info is so much better than no info especially since the elim is up to one person. it makes that info all the more vital to moving forward bc every day in king setup is like a d1. it sucks tbh

Honestly I'm not sure were are at a 1 KP. We've got enough players that if we wanna theorycraft, there's potentially 3 evils in my mind plus the king elim. Ultimately I think no elim night gives us more, but I cannot deny that if we have 3 mafia = 2 KP there's ways it can be hidden/obscured. There's also power roles to maybe factor in and I'm not certain how wild Trundle would get here, so maybe we just have some basic PR at most? It's all stuff to consider which is partially why I inquired a little bit about how the king role works.
I kind of think this conjecture abt the # of evils in the game seems genuine
fr though if i do become king can we pls discuss who we wanna take down i have a track record of reading people incredibly wrong
this also seems like kinda genuine concern to me...maybe
I still haven’t determined the best reason to vote for king (voting best townread or forcing a null player into the spotlight). Might have to stew on this more. Interesting setup
maybe earlier on it's better to make a null player king, but we should focus on voting our townreads later?

I saw someone ask if we should make the king shoot whoever the majority decides...I think probably not, but as an alternative, maybe we could ask the king to decide between a list of 3-4 players? or something

not really sure though, I've never played this type of setup

I kind of think this conjecture abt the # of evils in the game seems genuine

this also seems like kinda genuine concern to me...maybe

maybe earlier on it's better to make a null player king, but we should focus on voting our townreads later?

I saw someone ask if we should make the king shoot whoever the majority decides...I think probably not, but as an alternative, maybe we could ask the king to decide between a list of 3-4 players? or something

not really sure though, I've never played this type of setup
ok i like this list idea, kind of gets formed with read lists as well bc people start to build off of eachothers ideas

anyways goodnight all i will be less active in the morning but will be trying my best to stay caught up💤🌛

Hey friends it’s 2am for me, keeping things TBT friendly I’m sure one could imagine what I’ve been up to this friday, very tired

Gut instinct is that Kat (Artstotzkan) and ShinyDungeoneer are town and that Kat/Tessa are mafia. Cheers :lemon:

Ah rather that Oath/Tessa are mafia. Cheers again!

Just saying I think if someone is objectively townish then they're the best pick for king, handing the wolves a free kill in the name of reads especially when we could have 2-3 kills per night is no good.

Also wowzah did I not read the fine print about only being able to change your vote once, sure wish that I knew that before I voted and I definitely don’t find this to be a silly rule :lemon:

About last night; I was meme voting before but I kinda think that Arstotzkan is one of the better looking players right now based on the vibes. Kat can be a crafty person, but I feel knowing her she tends to act a little more manipulative as mafia and I not picking up anything for our start here.
Honestly, I'm with Tom on not putting too much stock into Day 1. I do have some vague sense of reads but none that I'm actually confident in that wouldn't lead to some insane mob elimination one way or another. And yeah that kind of nonsense is what we can compare to get reads but I don't think starting that phase prematurely is a good idea. Gets everything started on a highly volatile foot, which serves to help mafia manipulate the narrative better methinks
Feels decent, the lack of confidence and humility strike me as legit. Disagree a little bit about not putting stock into Day 1, would like to open a dialogue about these vague reads @Arstotzkan

Regarding Shiny, I feel like given most people have dogpiled on them and the way they’ve responded to these questions indicates town to me… kinda. They haven’t said anything spectacular so far but that’s the gist of it. I’ll say more later but I feel like Tessa’s questioning of them was kind of unnecessary.

A third of the player list still hasn’t checked in yet, but at this moment I think I’d vote Tessa as king. I still highly encourage voting for me though

Id vote for Trent the least since I hard disagree on mechanics. I don’t think I’d vote Arstotzka for king, the benefits seem weak

I might also vote for oath for king no joke. That might actually tell us a lot

Also yes this was a really bad vote
I typed up a question asking why you thought my meme vote was bad but honestly I completely get it now, why do you want Oath though?

Just saying I think if someone is objectively townish then they're the best pick for king, handing the wolves a free kill in the name of reads especially when we could have 2-3 kills per night is no good.

Also wowzah did I not read the fine print about only being able to change your vote once, sure wish that I knew that before I voted and I definitely don’t find this to be a silly rule :lemon:

About last night; I was meme voting before but I kinda think that Arstotzkan is one of the better looking players right now based on the vibes. Kat can be a crafty person, but I feel knowing her she tends to act a little more manipulative as mafia and I not picking up anything for our start here.

Feels decent, the lack of confidence and humility strike me as legit. Disagree a little bit about not putting stock into Day 1, would like to open a dialogue about these vague reads @Arstotzkan

Regarding Shiny, I feel like given most people have dogpiled on them and the way they’ve responded to these questions indicates town to me… kinda. They haven’t said anything spectacular so far but that’s the gist of it. I’ll say more later but I feel like Tessa’s questioning of them was kind of unnecessary.

I typed up a question asking why you thought my meme vote was bad but honestly I completely get it now, why do you want Oath though?
Yeah voting this early when we can only change once is not a good move.

Forcing oath into the spotlight and making a decision might be a better way of reading them then trying to sort through his joke posts which usually null. This logic applies to any hard to read player

I was expecting a little more of an entrance from gabby. Oh well

Last edited:
Yeah voting this early when we can only change once is not a good move.

Forcing oath into the spotlight and making a decision might be a better way of reading them then trying to sort through his joke posts which usually null. This logic applies to any hard to read player

I was expecting a little more of an entrance from gabby. Oh well
I mean I understand the logic but I wouldn’t say I agree with it, I think a simpler method would be having a town player elected as king and have Oath be on a list of potential elims. Extreme example but yeah, doesn’t feel great to hand people we don’t know much about or trust yet the kill.

would like to open a dialogue about these vague reads @Arstotzkan
Sure - I lean town for Volt; something about them seems deeply raw for lack of better word? I'd have to dig through quotes to get a better wording on it. The comment about the shiny questioning being moot is a big part of this. Mafia would have been likely to latch onto that as a suspicion I think.

I lean mafia for Tessa. She seems desperate, like she's trying to find a finger to point (the shiny moment comes to mind).Which I get, we do need evidence for day one, but the level of it feels overblown to me. I feel like she's trying to get cozy in damniel's pocket too; I don't remember her having much of a novel opinion beyond his.

Last edited by a moderator:
crowning someone townie looking doesnt matter bc the chances of them hitting mafia is not affected by how townie they are. if we get a mafia king it is not that bad bc it forces them to make a policy chop or put themselves in an awkward position. the spotlight is overall bad for them

Sure - I lean town for Volt; something about them seems deeply raw for lack of better word? I'd have to dig through quotes to get a better wording on it. The comment about the shiny questioning being moot is a big part of this. Mafia would have been likely to latch onto that as a suspicion I think.

I lean mafia for Tessa. She seems desperate, like she's trying to find a finger to point (the shiny moment comes to mind).Which I get, we do need evidence for day one, but the level of it feels overblown to me. I feel like she's trying to get cozy in damniel's pocket too; I don't remember her having much of a novel opinion beyond his.
stop saying the s word !!!!

stop saying the s word !!!!
:lemon: tear it from my cold dead hands

Hello everyone. I am here
Hi Gabby!!

How're you doing today?

actually regarding Oath, I find the emotes and **** not alignment indicative. Need to spray him with a power hose though.

@oath2order come here its time for your waterboarding

Last edited:
Back