• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia The Quest for King - Mafia | Game Thread | GAME OVER

The fact it was a joke shouldn't matter. Would someone who wants to be king realistically be voted in for saying they'll randomly kill someone? No. There are other things to comment on about Tessa, that's not one of them. It's a random comment and doesn't add to anything.

Maybe I'm being gung ho. I am, but I think it's important.
I mean you voted for her for king. I thought you did at some point
I've outlined why that was a mistake and it was not serious. You've read their interactions with Tessa, and Arstotzkan hasn't really said anything particularly spectacular the last 24 hours.

The fact it was a joke shouldn't matter. Would someone who wants to be king realistically be voted in for saying they'll randomly kill someone? No. There are other things to comment on about Tessa, that's not one of them. It's a random comment and doesn't add to anything.

I've outlined why that was a mistake and it was not serious. You've read their interactions with Tessa, and Arstotzkan hasn't really said anything particularly spectacular the last 24 hours.
So, if you voted Arstotzkan as a joke, are you going to unvote them before you go to work? I wouldn't want to leave for work leaving the game with only a joke vote.

I mean I agree Arstotzkan hasn't come off as town to me yet. I think we should get clarification on Chris's read

So, if you voted Arstotzkan as a joke, are you going to unvote them before you go to work? I wouldn't want to leave for work leaving the game with only a joke vote.
Yeah I can do that now. I've been holding it because idk if unvoting counts as a "vote change" but I'll trust it.

I'm willing to bet that at least one mafia member was posting in the first two hours of the game (so first 4 pages). I think this because it is a way for them to get posts in early, sow town seeds, and appear attentive and part of the team while also delaying meaningful interaction. It also encourages town to be silly too which seriously muddies the waters. I'm not going to analyse the content because I know the majority of it will be non-indicative of alignment, so it'll be a waste of time, but it does mean certain users have stood out to me. Daniel, Ness, and Trent stand out to me for these reasons.

Can't determine if humour or literal. Either way, this approach doesn't sit well with me. This method would absolve the King of accountability - and stating it in advance feels like a premature way of saying, "vote me and when I hit town it won't be my fault."

I am leaning towards voting ShinyDungeoneer for King purely based on this post. I want to see what they do when pushed into a position where they have to act.

The player I'm getting strongest town vibes from is Arstotzkan.
any opinions on who should be king
not necessarily a name (but drop them if you have names) but what do you think are the characteristics of a good candidate
Post automatically merged:

the only thing that disappoints me abt jacob and chris entrance is the lack of discussion abt the actual issue at hand which is choosing a king

At work now, will say this final thing that I didn’t elaborate on: if you have an iota of a thought that something is sarcasm, doesn’t it make the whole point moot to begin with? Why point it out at all? “I can’t tell if it was a joke or not” is an easy shield for a point that doesn’t make sense.

any opinions on who should be king
not necessarily a name (but drop them if you have names) but what do you think are the characteristics of a good candidate

the only thing that disappoints me abt jacob and chris entrance is the lack of discussion abt the actual issue at hand which is choosing a king

im dumb u said shiny LOL

I'm not going to analyse the content because I know the majority of it will be non-indicative of alignment, so it'll be a waste of time, but it does mean certain users have stood out to me. Daniel, Ness, and Trent stand out to me for these reasons.
I don't understand. What's the point of pointing these three people out for posting first but not looking into their posts? This kind of feels like a good way to throw them under the bus later if you need to idk.
Have you considered that other people simply interpret tone differently on the internet than you do? That might have been "abundantly joking" to you but as I said above I can't tell if that's a joke or not.
It was a joke :) I was clear that if I become king, the kill would be something I wanted to discuss with everyone in my later posts.

I'm starting to actually consider voting Oath for king. I think we should pick his brain a bit
Can you expand on this?

Currently I feel pretty solid about Volt and Ness as trs. I don't think Annika is as maffy as they're made out to be as well.

Yeah I can do that now. I've been holding it because idk if unvoting counts as a "vote change" but I'll trust it.
I can imagine it doesn't. That would ruin the whole point of two vote changes imo.

At work now, will say this final thing that I didn’t elaborate on: if you have an iota of a thought that something is sarcasm, doesn’t it make the whole point moot to begin with? Why point it out at all? “I can’t tell if it was a joke or not” is an easy shield for a point that doesn’t make sense.
yes but also its good to look into everything even d1. what bothers me about chris' interaction with my post most isn't their interpretation of it, but the previous statements saying that he wouldn't look into early d1 posts bc they don't matter, and then soon after analyzing an early d1 post that in my opinion clearly didn't matter. just a little contradictory to me.

were you initially aware that we only had 2 vote changes?

i just meant only jacob then, chris's reasoning behind choosing shiny have substance to me
i think that chris picking on tessa for that commenty isnt all that bad, but tessa later explained better what they think abt the process of choosing king so the tone of the initial message should be clear :/

Can you elaborate on this a bit?
I purposely didn't elaborate on this read because I'm not sure the best way to go about it. I don't want to be too direct, but Arstotzkan has made some comments that I feel mafia wouldn't have, and they didn't feel artificially shoehorned in to score town points.

I shared who I wanted to vote for king: ShinyDungeoneer. I want to see them take decisive action rather than take a self-preservation approach. We only win if we're active and not afraid to throw names out and make decisions.

I don't understand. What's the point of pointing these three people out for posting first but not looking into their posts? This kind of feels like a good way to throw them under the bus later if you need to idk.

It was a joke :) I was clear that if I become king, the kill would be something I wanted to discuss with everyone in my later posts.
I mentioned those three names as a, hey, these are the people I'm actively watching. It certainly wasn't intended to be subtle! If I need to say it louder: HEY DANIEL, NESS, AND TRENT - I'm paying extra special care to your posts!

And fabulous. I don't want to see anyone nominated King take the random-route with picking a target.

I'm neurodivergent and struggle a hell of a lot with text-based communication, so just let me know if I've misinterpreted something.

if i got a solid explanation from @voltairenism as to why they changed their mind and want to be king, (unless i missed the explanation, please tell me i've been skimming) and the explanation checked out, i think they'd make a nice king.

also i want to hear more from trent that isnt squabbles about game mechanics :(

i genuinely think im the best candidate. im proactive, im actively thinking about the setup, a lot of people townread me and i am participating in all discussions so its easy to coordinate
i said this idk if this counts to you as explanation but its the best i have

I mentioned those three names as a, hey, these are the people I'm actively watching. It certainly wasn't intended to be subtle! If I need to say it louder: HEY DANIEL, NESS, AND TRENT - I'm paying extra special care to your posts!
eh i guess to me it just feels like a bad take. early-comers shouldn't be indicative of alignment especially now that we have 14 pages of content imo.

I purposely didn't elaborate on this read because I'm not sure the best way to go about it. I don't want to be too direct, but Arstotzkan has made some comments that I feel mafia wouldn't have, and they didn't feel artificially shoehorned in to score town points.
can you pull up the comments you're referencing? i want to understand this take a little better.

I shared who I wanted to vote for king: ShinyDungeoneer. I want to see them take decisive action rather than take a self-preservation approach. We only win if we're active and not afraid to throw names out and make decisions.
k i like this take tbh. quiet town does not win. we need to win. but idk if shiny is the best candidate for king.

i said this idk if this counts to you as explanation but its the best i have
oh i forgot about that. i like it :)
why were you unsure about being king before?

And fabulous. I don't want to see anyone nominated King take the random-route with picking a target.

I'm neurodivergent and struggle a hell of a lot with text-based communication, so just let me know if I've misinterpreted something.
yeah sorry i just woke up and completly jumped over it
i appreciate more explanation though, shows me you put some thought and gives me good vibes
and it helps that i also think it's a good to pick someone to force out a decision

with that said i also think choosing oath would be cool and i overall tr dan just for mindmeld lol

eh i guess to me it just feels like a bad take. early-comers shouldn't be indicative of alignment especially now that we have 14 pages of content imo.

can you pull up the comments you're referencing? i want to understand this take a little better.

k i like this take tbh. quiet town does not win. we need to win. but idk if shiny is the best candidate for king.

oh i forgot about that. i like it :)
why were you unsure about being king before?
just thought i would be very indecisive, torn between my opinion and towns opinion bc thats how it was last time i was king
but so far i just feel like everyone's opinions are not swaying me as much, i guess i just matured lol

I'm willing to bet that at least one mafia member was posting in the first two hours of the game (so first 4 pages). I think this because it is a way for them to get posts in early, sow town seeds, and appear attentive and part of the team while also delaying meaningful interaction. It also encourages town to be silly too which seriously muddies the waters. I'm not going to analyse the content because I know the majority of it will be non-indicative of alignment, so it'll be a waste of time, but it does mean certain users have stood out to me. Daniel, Ness, and Trent stand out to me for these reasons.

Can't determine if humour or literal. Either way, this approach doesn't sit well with me. This method would absolve the King of accountability - and stating it in advance feels like a premature way of saying, "vote me and when I hit town it won't be my fault."

I am leaning towards voting ShinyDungeoneer for King purely based on this post. I want to see what they do when pushed into a position where they have to act.

The player I'm getting strongest town vibes from is Arstotzkan.
chris btw why dan, trent and ness but not me? ive been pretty active since the start (🥺)

Last edited:
I mean, I DO have a backup strategy if I'm voted king which is more hands-on, but the strategy I posted beforehand is my main one that I'll be using this game. My backup strategy for if I get kinged is to come out swinging with questions to see if anyone slips up by saying something that doesn't match up with their past posts. So both my strategies kinda go hand in hand.

I mean, I DO have a backup strategy if I'm voted king which is more hands-on, but the strategy I posted beforehand is my main one that I'll be using this game. My backup strategy for if I get kinged is to come out swinging with questions to see if anyone slips up by saying something that doesn't match up with their past posts. So both my strategies kinda go hand in hand.
i think the thread is close at night. it could happen that the votes are tied and you are choosen at random, so you won't be able to question anyone

am i too gullible if i consider this a massive town tell jaskdkkfkf it's so genuine

chris btw why dan, trent and ness but not me? ive been pretty active since the start (🥺)
I'm not going to pretend I've put too much thought into it. Your name likely didn't stick in my head because I didn't get any impression from your posts that you were encouraging the silliness as much / trying to be strategic with your posts.

I don’t get the impression Dan is mafia, atleast not on the surface. If Trent is mafia I think the two of them.

Trent was talking about voting Oath for no reason, why doesn’t that ring alarms?

Still think Chris made a weak post but I’ll leave it be. Decent points made but I still think they’re not saying anything particularly progressive.

Anyone still have thoughts on RibbitRibbon? RibbitRibbon/Arstotzkan/Chris team crackpot?

*if Trent is mafia I think a Chris/Trent team is a possibility.

Back