• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The waiting process

chillv

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Dusty Scroll
I don't know about you guys, but I feel that this game has a really long waiting process when it comes to gaining access to certain shops and stuff. However, considering that my first Animal Crossing game was Animal Crossing: City Folk ( which basically presents everyone to you in just one day), I could be that I am just a little spoiled by City Folk to the point that I am not used to the waiting process in Animal Crossing New Leaf. Don't get me wrong or anything, I really like the game, but I fell that it has a painfully long waiting process.

What do you guys think about the waiting process in this game?

I thought it was awful at first, because for the first few days there's almost nothing to do. But now I feel like it's a great idea, that way we don't get everything at once and get bored with the game so quickly. Now there's a sort of suspense element haha. And it's fun to go to other people's towns to use their shops if they have them! :)

I quite like it. I'm only playing 30-60 minutes every day, usually sometime around 9-11am in the morning, so the waiting doesn't bother me. :)

It works great for me so far. Gives me anticipation for a few days. I get the island tomorrow. No permit quite yet, but I just started.

The only waiting I personally dislike is when characters start yapping at you and u cant skip what they are saying. But it isn't bad.

You can't skip but u can make it faster, press B instead of A.
The having to have 40 medals to play with other people on the island is the worst to me, the rest I'm 50/50 yes it's a drag but yes u get the anticipation feeling the next day.

I really love the pace of the game. It's nice to have something that takes it's time vs. other games where things have to be moving so fast.

I know folks like bigger, better, faster... But in a world of hurry up and go I love getting a bit of kick back and relax.

Burleaf

I actually enjoy the waiting. Even though I want a haircut NOW, it will be that much better when I can finally get one :D

It's nice to have something to look forward to in game every morning when you wake up... even if it's just a bridge or fountain. The game is meant to be played for an entire year and you really need that vision of how you want your town to end up to push you through (if you're not ocd like me and keep restarting your town that is).

You can't skip but u can make it faster, press B instead of A.
The having to have 40 medals to play with other people on the island is the worst to me, the rest I'm 50/50 yes it's a drag but yes u get the anticipation feeling the next day.

I think he/she is talking about how long it takes for shows to upgrade/build not chats.

I think once you get a couple of weeks into the game (where most of us UK players are now, I suspect!) then the pace of the game is pretty good. There's plenty to do by this point but there's still the prospect of new things on the horizon and the waiting just makes it better when you do get it, I think.

That being said, I don't get to play that much so maybe someone who plays for a number of hours per day has a different opinion to me! I haven't even explored the island much yet...!

I really don't mind; house expansions are costly, town maintenance is an effort, town design is an art, acquiring animals for the museum- there's plenty to do. 8)

What would you prefer. Having everything unlocked within a month of starting up the game, then whining about the game being boring? Animal Crossing is a real time game. Its not something you attempt to complete. The waiting process is great in my opinion.

Yeah, this has the slowest start of an AC by far. As somebody who has played every US Animal Crossing game (playing AC:GCN in late 2002 right around when it came out) I was very frustrated with it. Especially the wait for Shampoodle - which I still don't have, and isn't even starting to be built today. =/

CF did change my mindset in that regard. In WW I didn't care that I had to wait forever for a hairstyle change, likely because in AC:GCN we never had the option. But with NL it is different. We had Shampoodle day one in CF, and although I hated CF and the city, I thought that wasn't such a bad idea. To go back and wait for it for three whole weeks is really annoying. Especially because I've got a style down, but it won't work until I have the hairstyle and hair color. I'm sooo tired of waiting. =/

What would you prefer. Having everything unlocked within a month of starting up the game, then whining about the game being boring? Animal Crossing is a real time game. Its not something you attempt to complete. The waiting process is great in my opinion.

Another biased response.

The flaw works both ways and the side of the coin it lands on depends on the person. Taking too long to unlock things might make somebody lose interest, but too fast might make someone run out of things to do faster thus also losing interest.

It all depends on who's playing; something I notice a lot of Animal Crossing players don't acknowledge. Playstyles and interests aren't the same yours regardless if you want to believe they are, nor is the definition of fun, enjoyment, fulfillment, etc.

Like I said, my first animal crossing game was city folk and in that game. There is no waiting process in that game, instead everything is presented to you in just one day. I never found city folk boring. In fact, the only reason why I don't play it now is because my disc was damaged.

Like I just said before, I think City Folk has spoiled me to the point that I am not used to waiting for anything in an animal crossing game. In fact, I am not a very patient person in general so that could be the problem on top of that.

I like the waiting process :) it gives me anticipation each day tbh
Haven't time travelled at all for them, and don't plan to

Another biased response.

The flaw works both ways and the side of the coin it lands on depends on the person. Taking too long to unlock things might make somebody lose interest...

You're wrong there buddy. Is it bias for someone to side w/ HOW the devs have designed this title? I believe not. If a person's 'interest' level dips to the point of disappointment- well, I suppose the WAIT must be a real shocker for any Animal Crossing vet or new player. /s

Marceline is correct that AC titles are player-invested time sinks; it never ends. Anyways, if anybody's impatient, go on & move the clock forward.

Back