• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Things that they should have in AC3DS

Omg! Bidoof not liking a pokemon idea.
O_O That is a rare occurrence!

Let's be honest, if you had Pokemon following you around in Animal Crossing, that would be the most stupid thing ever. It's adding two main nintendo series into the one game, it would be horrible

Let's be honest, if you had Pokemon following you around in Animal Crossing, that would be the most stupid thing ever. It's adding two main nintendo series into the one game, it would be horrible

I can see your point.
It was still a cute idea.
In all honesty it would throw Animal Crossing off alot to do that though.

*laughs thinking of the one fan-animation I saw of Harvest moon*
Ok back on topic again.
Hmmmmmmmm I'm running out of ideas.

Bats/Birds in the sky - another use for the slingshot!

QR Codes should be used to distribute patterns and items. You should also be able to lock patterns if you don't want people to edit or display them.

QR Codes should be used to distribute patterns and items. You should also be able to lock patterns if you don't want people to edit or display them.

That would be an awesome, both ideas. QR code distribution for patterns would make it so much easier, lol.

As for me.. I hope we can choose our facial appearance and know what we are getting rather than restarting to get it right..
mainly because I saw a single eye type in different colors, so I'm wondering about how the start of the game is going to play
out. I'm sure someone would make a guide quite soon after even if it was similar to the previous games.

I love the idea of qr codes. I also think they should have the ir cards (?) to use to make pictures of various group combos...like the ones that came with the 3ds. They could be like collections of cards, maybe even offered as Club Nintendo rewards :D

Yeah! i agree, it's kinda fun for me to get a random character though, but when they come out bad it makes me want to rip out my hair!. I also hope they add more facial features such as freckles XD

Facial Freatures - Agree
QR codes - IDK
AR/IR Cards - Explain this idea more.

Nothing really complex...just a set of cards like the character cards that came with the platform. They could be broken up into small groups, then people can collect and trade them. It would also make for a cool way to get group pictures of whoever is currently in your town.

There are already games that make use of AR cards. I would thought it would be interesting to add it to this one.

Last edited:
There's a rumor that Animal paths are returning in this game.
They need to create a way to restore grass. A NEW WAY!!
Like fertilizer or something.

Animal Path was Confirmed to be in AC3D.
It is always going to be there since you walk around alot.
As for your a new way to regrow it idea: I Don't Like It!

If they don't have a new, faster way to regrow the grass, then they should give a means to turn it off when it gets to a certain point. I personally do not see a reason for animal tracks, except to establish major walking routes. If you could get the tracks to do what you want, then turn them off, that would be nice.

I actually like to make my own paths with patterns that look exactly like the grass or you know.. like it belongs there and not out of place. Something that looks real, but isn't so I can adjust it to my liking over and over. That said, I do hope you can regrow grass easier.

I think one of the the points of the animal paths is to keep you from running everywhere.
Animal Crossing is a relaxing sort of game, and running around every single place you go is silly in that sense. But with the paths, if you're running to and from Point A to Point B, then a path would make sense.
But I like them, and with the addition of streetlamps and benches they will look a lot better.

I'd also like to mention something not really talked about, the train station.
In City Folk when you make your town, you will randomly get 1 of 3 different town gates. I would like to see this feature carried over and applied to the train station.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH For real?! They better have some nice grass seed to grow it back fast again. The ONLY hateable reason in City Folk is animal paths :C

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH For real?! They better have some nice grass seed to grow it back fast again. The ONLY hateable reason in City Folk is animal paths :C

As stated before:
Animal crossing is suppose to be a laid back game.
The only trouble is if you run in the game.
That is when the Animal path wears the grass completely out.
Making your own true pathways with designs should be the easy way to keep people off the grass.
So I see no reason for a new way to grow grass back.

As stated before:
Animal crossing is suppose to be a laid back game.
The only trouble is if you run in the game.
That is when the Animal path wears the grass completely out.
Making your own true pathways with designs should be the easy way to keep people off the grass.
So I see no reason for a new way to grow grass back.

True, it's a laid back game, but I still enjoy running around to get to the post office or the museum more quickly than just sauntering over to do such a tiny, simple task. However, it is only my opinion and Animal Paths will most definitely not stop me from purchasing Animal Crossing.

Source to it being confirmed?

Also I don't really care if it's in the game or not, if you know how to use them, they're fine.

True, it's a laid back game, but I still enjoy running around to get to the post office or the museum more quickly than just sauntering over to do such a tiny, simple task. However, it is only my opinion and Animal Paths will most definitely not stop me from purchasing Animal Crossing.

Exactly, the animal paths are not even a big deal.
I mean the grass can be regrown or not based on how you walk/run everywhere.
I don't get why people suggest ways to grow it back when technically if you wait it grows back on it's own.
I should know, I've balded my town in City Folk before and it all grew back.
Now if the suggestion/idea made sense to me than I'd have agreed with it.
Also as a mayor you might be able to replant grass that is not confirmed/denyed yet.

I think that would be a nice idea if you could replant the grass. I'm just a litle tired of my town looking so shabby. I've never known how to regrow the grass back, so my town is very bare. :confused:

Back