Thoughts on Villager Gift Finder from Nook Plaza?

Etown20

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I have been using the Villager Gift Finder from Nook Plaza to gift my villagers clothes that fit their preferences. I'm not sure if the info comes from datamining or somewhere else, but I've noticed a few times where it doesn't seem completely accurate?

The other day I gave a uchi villager a gift from the list, and she said it wasn't her style.

Today I gave a different villager (peppy this time) some clothing that wasn't on her list, and she responded really positively to it.

I'm not sure if the list was wrong, or if this dialogue is just typical for different personality types. Has anyone else using the Gift Finder had a similar experience?

I have been using the Villager Gift Finder from Nook Plaza to gift my villagers clothes that fit their preferences. I'm not sure if the info comes from datamining or somewhere else, but I've noticed a few times where it doesn't seem completely accurate?

The other day I gave a uchi villager a gift from the list, and she said it wasn't her style.

Today I gave a different villager (peppy this time) some clothing that wasn't on her list, and she responded really positively to it.

I'm not sure if the list was wrong, or if this dialogue is just typical for different personality types. Has anyone else using the Gift Finder had a similar experience?
I didn’t even know this was on Nook Plaza. Typed in one of my villager’s names and liked what I saw but definitely saw some questionable things. I’ll probably use it from now on, though.

when you turn on the 'match style and color' option you're getting way more accurate clothes ^^ otherwise it's either color or style

when you turn on the 'match style and color' option you're getting way more accurate clothes ^^ otherwise it's either color or style

I did actually have that turned on! That's why I'm a little confused. I was thinking it was a style problem because her dialogue was "not my style", but the item is listed as "coral" and the colors for this villager are red or colorful, so maybe it is a color thing.

Post automatically merged:

https://nubleh.github.io/favchecker/ I use this one! Seems to work pretty well

I didn't know about this one, but the item fits her preferences according to this list too. The mystery continues!

Last edited:
I did actually have that turned on! That's why I'm a little confused. I was thinking it was a style problem because her dialogue was "not my style", but the item is listed as "coral" and the colors for this villager are red or colorful, so maybe it is a color thing.

I didn't know about this one, but the item fits her preferences according to this list too. The mystery continues!
that's strange ): the link telluric gave seems great too for seeing if the items are a good match!

For general gifts, I go with what I think will look good on my villagers. I gave Dobie a blue emblem blazer, which I'm sure isn't his style, but he liked it and wears it often. He also lives the green Henley I gave him. For birthdays, I use the guide book. So far, that has been a sure winner in terms of villagers liking things.

Was it an item she could wear? If it's an item like shoes or bags it would make sense if she said it wasn't her style. Otherwise I have no clue, I've never had a villager react badly to clothing

Edit: Nevermind I see the site only lists wearable items. Maybe it's just part of the uchi personality to say it's not her style even when it really is ):

Was it an item she could wear? If it's an item like shoes or bags it would make sense if she said it wasn't her style. Otherwise I have no clue, I've never had a villager react badly to clothing

Edit: Nevermind I see the site only lists wearable items. Maybe it's just part of the uchi personality to say it's not her style even when it really is ):

Her reaction was kind of twofold, at first she said "this is not my usual style" but then she followed it up by saying "I've been looking for something like this".

For more context, the villager was Pashmina and the item was the zigzag-print dress in coral. The dress is listed as 'elegant'. Her styles are 'cool' and 'elegant' and her colors are 'red' and 'colorful'. It should have been a good match according to the data, so maybe it is just a dialogue thing I am reading too much into.

Back