Starry Mushroom Lamp
Yellow Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Galaxy Cupcake
Blue Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Macabre-Symbol.png

Unreal Estate

Welcome, welcome! This carnival sure is looking pretty ghastly, isn't it? We'll probably have to tear it down eventually, but our... residents will need new homes if we do. That's a bit of a problem-- oh! I know! You've got plenty of real estate, right? Dress it up real nice for them -- 3 pictures will do! We'll pay you!

📸 Task

Decorate your ACNH island and/or house and take 3 photos with a Halloween, horror, or autumn theme! These 3 photos can either be in the same location, or different locations and may either be indoors or outdoors! You must also include proof photos (a screenshot with your character saying your TBT username) for each location features.

Submissions are due by Thursday, October 31st at 11:59PM EDT.

Additionally, you may share your dream address for members to visit. If needed, please mention which area(s) of your island you've taken pictures of.

Mistreil will be holding a stream on October 26th at noon EDT on the TBT Twitch channel to scope out the real estate and visit some of the dream addresses while chatting in the #multiplayer-1 Discord Channel! Spectating and chatting during the live stream will award 13 TBT Bells.
(No event currency -- sorry! This is just for fun!)

* Note that the stream happens before the end of the event! If you wish for the chance to appear on stream, please make sure your submission and dream address are posted prior to the stream.

📸 Requirements

• 3 Halloween, horror, or autumn-themed areas on your island.
    • These may be either inside houses, or on the island itself. Anything goes!
    • You may not submit photos from Harv's island or HHP.
  • For each location in the photos you submit, post an additional photo with your character saying your TBT username.
    • i.e. If you have 3 separate locations, you must have 6 images submitted in total.

📸 Rules

• Entries must be your own screenshots.
  • Entries must fit either a Halloween, horror, or autumn theme.
  • Entries must consist of two screenshots per location:
    • One with your submission.
    • One with your character saying your TBT username.
  • You may use custom patterns in your design.
  • Your photo must be unedited (i.e.: no in-game photo filters or other modifications).
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your creations. Submissions that appear rushed or made as a joke won't be accepted.
  • All entries submitted are final. Please do not edit your entry after submission unless asked to by a staff member.
  • Keep all creations appropriate for a PG-13 audience.

📸 How to Submit

Submit your entry by posting it in this thread by Thursday, October 31st at 11:59PM EDT.

Please make sure that:
✅ Your entry meets the requirements specified above.
✅ Your have included proof photos for each location with your TBT username.
✅You have attached the images of your entry and checked "entry" on the attachment's thumbnail. (See this post from a previous event if you're unsure how.)
✅ It is no later than Thursday, October 31st at 11:59PM EDT.

📸 Prizes

Participation: 13 Carnival Coins

Staff Favorite:
  • 3 bonus Carnival Coins
  • Your choice of Cursed, Sinister, or Ancient Lantern (only one can be earned from the entire event).

I am a little bit confused of the wording of this and would like to have further clarification.

We are to take "3 photos with a Halloween, horror, or autumn theme".

Does this mean, if I have a Halloween themed room in my house, I take the photo 3 times from different angles? THEN add a username TBT proof photos totally 4 photos?

I am a little bit confused of the wording of this and would like to have further clarification.

We are to take "3 photos with a Halloween, horror, or autumn theme".

Does this mean, if I have a Halloween themed room in my house, I take the photo 3 times from different angles? THEN add a username TBT proof photos totally 4 photos?
Yes! I've left it a bit free for members to decide what to submit: if you're only submitting one location (e.g. a single room), then only 1 proof photo is needed.

So it's 3 photos + (1 proof photo per location).

Question but, can we use the second island, or should we just stick to the main island?

I'm just asking because I happen to have a second island. Thank you!

Question but, can we use the second island, or should we just stick to the main island?

I'm just asking because I happen to have a second island. Thank you!
As long as it's an island that belongs to you, it's fine! So alts are okay.

As someone who worked really hard last time and didn't get it in on time, I definitaly gonna try and get my Island ready for this one! :D

As someone who worked really hard last time and didn't get it in on time, I definitaly gonna try and get my Island ready for this one! :D
Same 🥲 I was so devastated that I missed the deadline last year!! But this year will be different, I know it will. We can do it!!!!!

Mutti's event entry:
  • IMG_0846.jpeg
    IMG_0846.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0845.jpeg
    IMG_0845.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0844.jpeg
    IMG_0844.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 27
IMG_0845.jpeg
IMG_0844.jpeg
IMG_0846.jpeg

IMG_0849.jpeg

IMG_0848.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

.: Meri :.'s event entry:
  • IMG_7945.JPG
    IMG_7945.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7941.JPG
    IMG_7941.JPG
    345.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7943.JPG
    IMG_7943.JPG
    308.1 KB · Views: 21
There's a lovely autumnal forest trail just a small walk from Nook's Cranny—it's the perfect place for sunset strolls.
IMG_7943.JPG

I also think fall is the best time to visit Deirdre's farm, where you can get healthy, homegrown pumpkins and apples for your favorite seasonal recipes. Deirdre sells some of her own autumn treats too!
IMG_7941.JPG

And after a long day of working on the island, nothing beats freshly-baked cookies brought straight to your throne by your very own skeletal servants.
IMG_7945.JPG

IMG_7944.JPG

IMG_7942.JPG

IMG_7946.JPG

Can we use a villagers house? I saw you said inside Houses, but I was curious if a villagers house counted?

I litterly have a villager who's house is themed around Halloween that I designed myself with the remodeling. So I was curious if I could use it.

Can we use a villagers house? I saw you said inside Houses, but I was curious if a villagers house counted?

I litterly have a villager who's house is themed around Halloween that I designed myself with the remodeling. So I was curious if I could use it.
Yes -- as long as it was remodelled by you (and not their default house), and it's their house on your island (and not a vacation home), this is fine.

Back